niketalk, what are you majoring in? easy or hard?

Originally Posted by Degenerate423

Originally Posted by StreetPharmacist

3 of my cousins are majoring/majored in computer science, they hated it but....they said it was the easy route

i majored in biology cause i really liked science when i was entering college....def NOT easy, studied my butt off, but I guess it was worth it.

Easy route for what?

I had no idea there were that many cs majors on NT.  I'm a sophomore, but basically a freshman in my major because I'm only on the 2nd semester.  This is pretty tough, I seriously don't know if I'll be able to stick with it for 2 more years cause I'm nervous about the difficulty of the higher division courses
ohwell.gif
We should start a computer science help thread though
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Degenerate423

Originally Posted by StreetPharmacist

3 of my cousins are majoring/majored in computer science, they hated it but....they said it was the easy route

i majored in biology cause i really liked science when i was entering college....def NOT easy, studied my butt off, but I guess it was worth it.

Easy route for what?

I had no idea there were that many cs majors on NT.  I'm a sophomore, but basically a freshman in my major because I'm only on the 2nd semester.  This is pretty tough, I seriously don't know if I'll be able to stick with it for 2 more years cause I'm nervous about the difficulty of the higher division courses
ohwell.gif
We should start a computer science help thread though
nerd.gif

History. It can be a $#*@% sometimes.... especially when taking Ancient Greek as your foreign language.

History. It can be a $#*@% sometimes.... especially when taking Ancient Greek as your foreign language.

international studies. easy if you do the reading and study up. but theres a lottttt of reading. i literally get hundreds of pages a week
sick.gif
might go back to business/econ or architecture.  

international studies. easy if you do the reading and study up. but theres a lottttt of reading. i literally get hundreds of pages a week
sick.gif
might go back to business/econ or architecture.  

Management Information Systems

27 years old...In 3rd semester back....just finishing up what I guess would be considered 2nd year. Finally decided to go back. Anyone got any info about MIS? Initially I applied to go back with EE or CE, but once I got accepted and looked over curriculum I knew I'd have troubles with the math load to begin with after so many years off. I finally can get into the major courses next semester to see if its what I want and if its what interests me. I've always been into tech/computers....so maybe I'll find my way otherwise who knows.

Management Information Systems

27 years old...In 3rd semester back....just finishing up what I guess would be considered 2nd year. Finally decided to go back. Anyone got any info about MIS? Initially I applied to go back with EE or CE, but once I got accepted and looked over curriculum I knew I'd have troubles with the math load to begin with after so many years off. I finally can get into the major courses next semester to see if its what I want and if its what interests me. I've always been into tech/computers....so maybe I'll find my way otherwise who knows.

If you want to get into finance, study math, physics, engineering and other math heavy majors. In the early part of your career the ability to learn about numbers and how to process them is what will get you started in this business (although further down the line, if I get to have lot of responsibility, I believe that my background in economics will not hurt).

If you want med school take all of the premed classes (that usually includes calculus and physics).

If you do not care too much about money study what interests you.

If you want Law School, you do not have to study poli sci, I do not know where this notion of "pre law" majors originated. Law school students come from every background, the top LSAT scoring majors are consistently physics, philosophy and economics. Law schools, unlike med schools, have no mandated undergrad courses for admission, almost everything is about your LSAT score.

Finally, if you do not like school but want to make a good living do not go to college. Learn a valuable trade, seriously, there is no shame in being a certified and professional plumber. They only allow civilization to exist, whereas civilization could exist and without the tens of thousands of "_______-studies" majors.

Originally Posted by The Notorious Bum

Originally Posted by IRockTMacs

I'm almost done my bachelor's in HRM.

Love the field, plus the class material is pretty natural and as far as school goes, easy.

Im doing psychology and want to use it to work in HR
Nice, man. That'll definitely help you out, a bunch of my courses deal with some human psyche like Organizational Behaviour and Effective Training, so a broader knowledge could be an asset, for sure.

With that degree are you looking to get into Recruitment? Industrial Relations? Training? What areas do you think you'd like to focus on?

Me personally, I wanna work more in Occupational Health and Safety or Industrial Relations, I'm not as interested in Compensation.

Originally Posted by The Notorious Bum

Originally Posted by IRockTMacs

I'm almost done my bachelor's in HRM.

Love the field, plus the class material is pretty natural and as far as school goes, easy.

Im doing psychology and want to use it to work in HR
Nice, man. That'll definitely help you out, a bunch of my courses deal with some human psyche like Organizational Behaviour and Effective Training, so a broader knowledge could be an asset, for sure.

With that degree are you looking to get into Recruitment? Industrial Relations? Training? What areas do you think you'd like to focus on?

Me personally, I wanna work more in Occupational Health and Safety or Industrial Relations, I'm not as interested in Compensation.

If you want to get into finance, study math, physics, engineering and other math heavy majors. In the early part of your career the ability to learn about numbers and how to process them is what will get you started in this business (although further down the line, if I get to have lot of responsibility, I believe that my background in economics will not hurt).

If you want med school take all of the premed classes (that usually includes calculus and physics).

If you do not care too much about money study what interests you.

If you want Law School, you do not have to study poli sci, I do not know where this notion of "pre law" majors originated. Law school students come from every background, the top LSAT scoring majors are consistently physics, philosophy and economics. Law schools, unlike med schools, have no mandated undergrad courses for admission, almost everything is about your LSAT score.

Finally, if you do not like school but want to make a good living do not go to college. Learn a valuable trade, seriously, there is no shame in being a certified and professional plumber. They only allow civilization to exist, whereas civilization could exist and without the tens of thousands of "_______-studies" majors.

Easiest route? Liberal Arts by far.
laugh.gif
Basically a slightly advanced version of GE. I know since I got one. Never really knew what I wanted  to major in and I was already a Junior at the time and had a lot of classes I took earlier double counted towards that major. I wanted to get out as fast as I could and graduate so I said eff it.

Back
Top Bottom