No Crossover: The Trial of Allen Iverson ESPN 30 for 30-- April 13th

1619....African men and women came to the United States in search of jobs....

laugh.gif

^yea anybody who listened to that interview I posted shouldve gotten the jest of what this doc was gonna be about...

with that being said, I do think it was a bit overhyped from when the info first leaked, talkin bout "it was gonna change the way you thought about Iverson" and all that !$@+. Maybe b/c I knew the basics of the story already. Pretty good tho...

15 year sentence with 10 suspended years just leavin' 5 with the possibility of gettin' out in 10months does nothing but give the appearance of ''tough law/stern justice'' - just a smokescreen really...

...this doc is epic.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

1619....African men and women came to the United States in search of jobs....

laugh.gif

ignorant people believe this ... 
tired.gif

pimp.gif
@ that lady teaching ivo in jail 

lmfa0 @ i did the assignment...but i didn't know i was supposed to bring it in today...  

indifferent.gif
@ him not being allowed to retun to bethel 

Iverson walkin out that court room with the same suit The Clipse had on in "The Funeral" music video...

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

*Deceased* @ the Mike Jarvis Appearance and him giving him the autobiography of Malcom X
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
"Man, what the @#$% I'm supposed to do with this. Get me out"
laugh.gif

allen is an enigma imo, but i wonder how he would have been like if he didn't get convicted that first time

a tragic figure i guess ...

Originally Posted by Joe Cool23

*Deceased* @ the Mike Jarvis Appearance and him giving him the autobiography of Malcom X
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
*DEAD* im still in tears over this, had to rewind a few times for that one

Originally Posted by Joe Cool23

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I love this doc....my only gripe is that I wished that there was some sort of commentary from John Thompson.

Man, I wish we could hear from Big John, one of my all time favorite coaches and just an amazing guy (from what I know)

Gonna guess JT declined an interview, which isn't surprising. Would have liked to hear from him as well DJ's.

Very good overall, as expected.

Great documentary ... that dude in the reebok sweater was pretty smart ...

pimp.gif
@ the ending w/ ducks swimming across the pond

very good documentary. while AI is one of the best players i've seen and played with more heart than most players, it kills me to say this but he's still a selfish prick.

" What would have happened if this was an white athlete, in the state of VA" ?

Look up Peter Lalich......

Funny thing is, what REALLY happened with this kid, never got reported.

This 30 for 30 was better then expected.

John Thompson stuck his neck out to get Iverson into G-Town...as instrumental as Doug Wilder was in getting Iverson pardoned, Thompson made a much bigger impact in his life. Iverson's tenure at G-Town was hellish. Thompson stuck by the kid and proved to be the father-figure that he needed in his life.

FYI...Iverson said this on Twitter:

I only know what I have seen in the previews. Stay tuned for my OFFICIAL project "The Deconstruction of Allen Iverson" coming this Fall.

I wonder what was going through his head while watching this 30 for 30. He probably had all sorts of emotional highs and lows. To be a fly on the wall where AI was when watching this would have been something incredible to see.

Back
Top Bottom