Not able to eat when depressed?

Originally Posted by eleet1

So i just talked to her and she said she might come home either late tonight or early tomorrow morning. (Shes in Fresno right now btw and im down in San Diego.). Im kinda of relieved but at the same time im still feeling down. She had to emphasize how she was still so angry and she really doesnt want to come home. Sometimes i wish i didnt care but im glad i do. Im not tryin to give up on my family.

I dont know how to get over being depressed though. I feel like ive been down even before this but this kinda just pushed it a step further.

Hang In Bro, If She Said She's Coming Back, Just Try And Think Positive

I dropped about ten pounds the last time I felt that way. Do things that will make you hungry, like exercise. Self-destruction isn't the best.

I had to sign in here at work to reply to this.

I'm going through the exact same thing. Even thought about a thread. Not talking on NT helped and at the same time didn't help.

My girl and I are on a break. She has my son who is 1yr and 2 months. I got to see them both yesterday for the first time in awhile. Makes me sad and everything.

Been getting an avg. of about 3 hrs of sleep all week. Only hate 2 tacos all day yesterday and had some milk. Not hungry, can't stop thinking about her. Can't work out bc I have no will. I try to do what is needed but just feel used. She only calls when she needs diapers, baby food, etc.

I only see them when I go pick him up to take care of him for 4 hrs since i have to work and return him to her place. Its rough man. I'm stubborn and Im a moron. Simple enough. I've apologized and realized my mistakes but it doesn't seem to be enough.

situations like these make me realize that anything outside of them 2 aren't that serious.

OP, regardless of the cause of the drama or who's right or wrong, if you two are able to move past it and keep your family together, you should.

Your daughter isn't responsible for your problems and shouldn't have to suffer because of them. Being stubborn makes things worse and "winning" in this case is only going to hurt your daughter.

Good luck.

The only time I can really eat a full meal is when I roll up. Other than that, it's cigarettes and juice/water.

Depression and anxiety turned me into a pothead, the fact that the weed balances my moods is why I still smoke. I couldn't handle taking meds anymore
smh.gif

I'm sorry about your family situation. I only see my daughter a few times a week and it kills me inside, I can't even imagine how you must feel. I wish you nothing but love cuz.

I appreciate all the advice and kind words. Hopefully they do come home tonight. I havent been able to get ahold of her since she told me that. And when she does get here im just gonna put on my happy face and just show her how happy i am that they are back home and that i love them more than anything. Def gonna just keep pushing through this. If anything for my daughter. And JRthumper i feel you on that. They are the only 2 people that matter to me over everyone and anything else.

john4th4n - LOL i was waiting for someone to post somthing like that but nah.

808's and Heartbreak (play some good records, take a deep breathe, long walk, and go grab a bite w a true friend).. That's my usual remedy when I'm feelin broken.

Ive been in this situation also, eat, just do it..i promise you will feel better after you eat a meal then take a nap..which is what im about to do now

Originally Posted by eleet1

I appreciate all the advice and kind words. Hopefully they do come home tonight. I havent been able to get ahold of her since she told me that. And when she does get here im just gonna put on my happy face and just show her how happy i am that they are back home and that i love them more than anything. Def gonna just keep pushing through this. If anything for my daughter. And JRthumper i feel you on that. They are the only 2 people that matter to me over everyone and anything else.

john4th4n - LOL i was waiting for someone to post somthing like that but nah.

Yeah I'm actually in that boat as well. Strange. Small world. Whats worse is that her bday is next weekend and I just got off the phone with her and she wants to leave town to party for the weekend while i kick it with my son. 

Its hard to not throw in the towel and give up. My will is slowly leaving me making me want to just give up. Why do we put ourselves in these situations.

I know that feeling bro...I would tell you to stay busy and it will probably keep your mind off of the situation long enough to eat. But I know that wont really help just for the simple fact she has your child with her ..cause please believe if she was solo it would be easier to peace her out so fast. for now all I can say is follow 940sicc3's advice

good luck bro, as a family man myself it would kill me to lose out on spending my everyday wit em. hope it all works out for u kiddo ..........

Back
Top Bottom