Now that Manny got, got....who is the GREATEST hitter of our generation...with no *

Originally Posted by Proshares

Surprised not to see Robbie Alomar's name mentioned.
Read it again.
pimp.gif

I just think Gynn is very overrated a great player probably top 50 all time, but the dude was really fat played very poor defense, hit for no power, and hadonly above average plate discipline.

Meanwhile Olerud had insane plate discipline, is probably the second best defensive 1B of all time, and hit for power and average plus had one of the bestsingle seasons in the history of baseball.

The only reason Gwynn gets all this praise and Olerud doesn't is because people value batting average so much.

Osh, you think Ichiro's overrated too???????
nerd.gif

Holy sh*^, we've agreed on a couple things lately...........Ima go start a Nash thread, make things right again.
roll.gif
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

y do people look at pictures from 5 years ago and post them with current ones like that proves they taken steriods?
Why can't you adress me since I was the one who posted it? I swear it irks the $@%# out of me when people do $@%# like that. I posted thatpicture of Albert from 05 because he hasn't changed a bit since then. Like I said earlier, I am not sure if Albert took anything or not, however his sizewas never "really jacked", like claimed by another poster.

Its going to get good when a lot of these guy are coming around for the HOF ballots.

Will they put anyone in whos tested positive?

I hope they realize these guys are/were great hitters without it. But I am talking about guys like Bonds, Manny, A-Rod. Not Mark Mcgwire

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

y do people look at pictures from 5 years ago and post them with current ones like that proves they taken steriods?
Why can't you adress me since I was the one who posted it? I swear it irks the $@%# out of me when people do $@%# like that. I posted that picture of Albert from 05 because he hasn't changed a bit since then. Like I said earlier, I am not sure if Albert took anything or not, however his size was never "really jacked", like claimed by another poster.

laugh.gif
calm down FB, he's agreeing with you...read it again.

i think...it is Mike after all...

wildKYcat wrote:
Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Bigmike23 wrote:
Why can't you adress me since I was the one who posted it? I swear it irks the $@%# out of me when people do $@%# like that. I posted that picture of Albert from 05 because he hasn't changed a bit since then. Like I said earlier, I am not sure if Albert took anything or not, however his size was never "really jacked", like claimed by another poster.

laugh.gif
calm down FB, he's agreeing with you...read it again.

i think...it is Mike after all...

He's not agreeing with me, he was talking subliminally. I was the one posting a picture of Albert from 05 to use as a comparison to his recent S.I. cover.Not to refute that he hadn't taken steroids, but that he has never been jacked.

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

Its either Pujols or Griffey
If you include Pujols he has already surpassed Griffey.
Pujols is pretty much in Tiger Woods territory that it's no question he is one of the top 5 greatest players ever it's just a matter of time.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Didn't you say Pujols was NOT a power hitter though?
laugh.gif
I said his home run numbers aren't crazy high or unatural. He doesn't have Ken Griffey, Bonds, Mcguire, or Even Ryan Howard type power.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Didn't you say Pujols was NOT a power hitter though?
laugh.gif
I said his home run numbers aren't crazy high or unatural. He doesn't have Ken Griffey, Bonds, Mcguire, or Even Ryan Howard type power.

Tell Brad Lidge that, that ball still hasn't landed in Houston
laugh.gif
. Isee what you're saying though Osh.

Wait Pujols isn't a power hitter but Manny is? Pujols has been hovering around 30-40 HRs every year. I consider that a power hitter. Plus his career avg isjust absurd.

Originally Posted by THE GR8

5d72526ea7acec7f1625cf094e9ea119cc7fc0a.jpg
6c115deca8c61354993b5b6fd0132a68a04c0b3.jpg

GOAT. My man Grifff. I swear if i ever found out this man did steroids i would officially never watch baseball again. To me this man along with like Jeter are the only players that bring baseball any credentials in my book
pimp.gif

This man knows what's up!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Sad part is this guy doesn't even NEED to violate the drug policies, he is a great player/hitter regardless.

As for Pujols or Frank, at this point its naive to believe they didn't do anything, which is sad to even think that way but it is what it is.

Just because they are already great players doesn't mean they didn't take anything, people can be selfish.
true that

laugh.gif
Just saw this come up as Breaking News, and am watching ATH now.

Originally Posted by overtime626

i might get some hate for this, but i'm gonna say jeter, since his first full season, no player has as many hits as him since that season, and the guys who's in second is behind him by 150+ hits in that time. also, in every season he's played 145+ games he has 175+ hits. sure he lacks power but 200 dingers isn't to shabby for a non power hittin shortstop

for all you clowning jeter, read this again

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Delgado is a forgotten beast and in lite of all the recent steriod users looking back was probably the best player in baseball for a couple years.

In terms of pure hitting.

Frank Thomas
Jeff Bagwell
Edgar Martinez
Albert Belle
Vladmier Gurrero
Ken Griffey
John Olerud
Delgado

In terms of all around best baseball player.

Frank Thomas
Roberto Alomar
Vladamir Guerrero
John Olerud
Ken Griffey

How are you going to have Olerud on your list and no Tony Gwynn...especially if you are talking about PURE hitting? I know you will probably come up with some ridiculous stat like the % of hits Olerud had when he clipped his nails between 8:30-9:00am in comparison to Gwynn...but I don't get why you don't have him on your list....to each his own, but I am curious as to why he's absent...

This is going off the top of the head, but gwynn would probably be next I just omitted him because I just made fun of him.
laugh.gif

AH HA!
laugh.gif

i might get some hate for this, but i'm gonna say jeter, since his first full season, no player has as many hits as him since that season, and the guys who's in second is behind him by 150+ hits in that time. also, in every season he's played 145+ games he has 175+ hits. sure he lacks power but 200 dingers isn't to shabby for a non power hittin shortstop

for all you clowning jeter, read this again
I read it again and it is as dumb as it was the first time.
laugh.gif

Jeter is a great hitter for a shortstop. (a position he probably shouldn't be playing)

Albert............dude has looked the same since he started playing...........MIGHT I ADD...........that his production HAS NOT fallen off at anytime duringhis tenure............/that convo.

AP5 all day!!!!!!1

Back
Top Bottom