NT, Do You Pay Everything On First Date? Vol: Am I Cheap?

Originally Posted by ai3mac1

I don't pay for anythin on any date. Yes I'm a cold blooded ruthless beast
You're either going on dates with other men, or you're just lying for cool points on a message board

I prefer to, but actually girlfriend payed insisted on paying for me on our first day, since she felt bad for giving such a hard time when I asked her out. I think we (guys) should pay for the first date. I usually pay for our dates now, which I don't mind, but sometimes she pays, which is cool, too.

Originally Posted by J Dilla Himself

Originally Posted by ai3mac1

I don't pay for anythin on any date. Yes I'm a cold blooded ruthless beast
You're either going on dates with other men, or you're just lying for cool points on a message board
Yes I was being very very serious when I said that...

Originally Posted by PaidNHalf

Originally Posted by McFlyyy

i remember i took a girl to chili's one night and when the tab came, she immediately reached for her purse. before that, i was gonna split 50/50 but once i saw that she was willing to pay for her half, i paid for it all.

U were hustled 
laugh.gif
I was going to put this earlier but my Ipod was messing up and wouldn't let me post.  I bet dude was feeling real cocky when he posted this too.
laugh.gif
  Oldest trick in the book.

Events that aren't, I tell them before we even go out that I don'tbelieve in paying for her since I don't know her. Hasn't hurt me yet.So again, what are you trying to get at?
I do that also and it hasn't hurt me either and if it does so be it.  I know everybody isn't going to agree with how I feel and I understand that.

Like I said, my logic is this. If you are paying FOR the first date, to me it just sends off the message that you are paying for their company. As if they are doing YOU a favor by going out with you.

And as I said, the whole, "Whoever asks should pay" logic is SO flawed. You BOTH want to go out somewhere, even though some females just go out for the hell of it. Free meal/drinks. (If you think females don't do this you are sadly mistaken).

You both want to go out together. So because one person VERBALIZES it, means they should be responsible for paying? Why? How does that make any logical sense?

yo, DC.. when i first meet girls and i share some of my less than favorable opinions about the way women act, they take offense very quickly. and my opinions are nowhere as harsh or chauvinistic as yours. so how do women respond to your alpha-male attitude? serious question btw.

Honestly a lot agree with what I say. Of course I might APPEAR to be extreme but many of them agree when I break it down to them verbally.
In terms of the World being conditioned to worship women.

I get called sexist all the time but that doesn't come in the way of anything. Many respect me for having a "different" opinion.

Like I said man, I am not a woman hater. I just want some equality in the dating realm. Men get taken advantage of and are too weak in general for me. I need dudes to stand up for their rights and stop letting these females get over on them.

So all of these dudes that say, "Oh DC ain't popular with the ladies. I can tell you don't have a girl." - Sounds good man. I don't trip off of baseless comments like those. Which is why I ignore 95% of them

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Honestly a lot agree with what I say. Of course I might APPEAR to be extreme but many of them agree when I break it down to them verbally.
In terms of the World being conditioned to worship women.

I get called sexist all the time but that doesn't come in the way of anything. Many respect me for having a "different" opinion.

Like I said man, I am not a woman hater. I just want some equality in the dating realm. Men get taken advantage of and are too weak in general for me. I need dudes to stand up for their rights and stop letting these females get over on them.

So all of these dudes that say, "Oh DC ain't popular with the ladies. I can tell you don't have a girl." - Sounds good man. I don't trip off of baseless comments like those. Which is why I ignore 95% of them
how are you going to say not to pay...and you have the art of manliness link in your sig???
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  I love that site by the way....

I feel I should pay on the 1st date because it takes the awkwardness out of it, I am not worrying about money or who is paying, all I want to do is try and get to know her better.  Plus I dont mind bossing up to impress a lady friend and put my best foot forward......If she acts like a lady I will treat her like one......but if she acts like a trick then she better break out the cash on the 2nd date, which I will make sure will be at a place that is much more expensive than the 1st date......

I do agree with you on the topic of wanting balance in the dating scene, but we know that will never happen, at least not in our lifetime.   I have had a beef with the societal view of woman and relationships (on TV and Movies, which spills over into real life) that promotes the unbalance of power (for the lack of a better term) in the females direction for a long time.  I always feel bad for my friends that say things like "i have to run it by my girl first", like they dont have any say in anything, her word is the final word on everything.....

I don't care about "awkwardness." I let them know these things before I even go out. If they have an issue with it (which none have EVER verbalized), then we just won't go anywhere if they think I should TREAT them.

But Like I said, the MAJORITY of first encounters are free events. They haven't proven their worth so, we go somewhere free until that point. That is how you have to treat these females. It isn't being MEAN or RUDE, but there are too many folks in the world and men go on MANY first dates. I don't see why you should treat someone SPECIAL if they haven't proven that they are a mainstay in your life. I don't see the reasoning in that.

Originally Posted by DanzInRealLife

I don't believe in the whole guy paying for everything mindset.

First date: 50/50

Then if it went well and it looks like we'd go on a few more, I'd take him out and then he take me out for the next. I like to keep it all even.
this is my mindset.

Originally Posted by Ryda421

Originally Posted by DanzInRealLife

I don't believe in the whole guy paying for everything mindset.

First date: 50/50

Then if it went well and it looks like we'd go on a few more, I'd take him out and then he take me out for the next. I like to keep it all even.
this is my mindset.
Great mindset. You both are vying for FUTURE interaction. It isn't the man is HOPING and PRAYING that the woman will give him date #2, so let him do everything in HIS POWER to make that happen.

You have to put pressure on the woman to flourish as well. Make her bring something to the table.

Man, I have been told by some females that many dudes give them GAS MONEY to come see them. Gas $ to come see them. Come on man. What the hell is that.

Originally Posted by Homer

Women didn't create these rules on how to be a gentleman.

Actually they did. Why would men create them when it doesn't benefit them? It is no doubt in my mind that these "rules" were created by females.

first date you always pay.
if you go out and act allawkward when the check comes, asking if she wants to split it or " soyours was 14.99 soooo" = ur a scrub

dont be cheap. you asked her out you pay.

i can tell DC aint popular with the ladies
laugh.gif

This makes no sense if you do it that way and you look like a lame but who in the hell does it like that?  Like DC I tell chicks beforehand how I feel about this and they can choose to go or not go.  If they don't want to do it there are alot of cats that are good for what they are looking for and vice versa. 

Originally Posted by Homer

Women didn't create these rules on how to be a gentleman.

Actually they did. Why would men create them when it doesn't benefit them? It is no doubt in my mind that these "rules" were created by females.
Yeah, that makes sense.  Because women made decisions in male dominated early civilization.

Nobody has explained to me WHY men SHOULD pay for the first date.

WHY
WHY
WHY

SHOULD we?
I don't know how we don't see eye to eye on this issue.  In the single parent thread you were talking about men raised by single  moms not knowing how to be men.  Now, when a man is called on to perform his traditional role in paying for the first date, you're trying let the man sit back and take the female role.

I pay for the first few dates. after it develops into something seriouse then it can go 50/50 or let her pay here n there.

When I was dating my hubby before we got married he paid for the dinner I paid for the movie.

Now, when a man is called on to perform his traditional role in paying for the first date, you're trying let the man sit back and take the female role.
So if this is a man's traditional role, shouldnt the females hes taking out subscribe to their traditional gender role?

Not for nothing, I see DC's logic.

I just had a girl I was kicking it for a while tell me our date at Starbucks wasnt a date. We got some coffee chopped it up and got some pizza afterwards...next date we had Thai...So I'm like "this broad is equating dates to money spent". Damn shame...It appalled me but this is how some females think.

Shoot...aint nothing wrong with taking a girl free places/events for a first date. Least I'll do is buy some grub after.

To be safe I pay for the date, but it's not like I'm dining her at benihannas so I can set the impression that my pockets are deep for a reason that's just a first date. Special occasions are that, and first dates are just that as well.

Under normal circumstances I pay for everything,everytime we go out..... ima sucker.....
frown.gif

Originally Posted by SShanique

Nobody has explained to me WHY men SHOULD pay for the first date.

WHY
WHY
WHY

SHOULD we?
I don't know how we don't see eye to eye on this issue.  In the single parent thread you were talking about men raised by single  moms not knowing how to be men.  Now, when a man is called on to perform his traditional role in paying for the first date, you're trying let the man sit back and take the female role.

NO, I said a woman can't teach a boy how to be a man.

That has NOTHING to do with me asking WHY a man should have to pay for a first date. Sitting back a playing the female role? How is goign DUTCH playing the female role?

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

Now, when a man is called on to perform his traditional role in paying for the first date, you're trying let the man sit back and take the female role.
So if this is a man's traditional role, shouldnt the females hes taking out subscribe to their traditional gender role?

Not for nothing, I see DC's logic.

Ijust had a girl I was kicking it for a while tell me our date atStarbucks wasnt a date. We got some coffee chopped it up and got somepizza afterwards...next date we had Thai...So I'm like "this broad isequating dates to money spent". Damn shame...It appalled me but this ishow some females think.

Shoot...aint nothing wrong with taking a girl free places/events for a first date. Least I'll do is buy some grub after.

LOL @ Not a date. Any one on one affair in which OPPOSITE SEXED parties are trying to enjoy each other's company is a date.

How the hell did that conversation go man? What made her say it wasn't a date. What was your response?

Back
Top Bottom