NT Dog Owners...What do you feed your dog??

Originally Posted by jae oh en

taste of the wild - it's good stuff. the shop i get it from usually has buy 3 bags, get 1 free deals. so i stock up with 4 huge bags every couple months. this is for a 80 pound boxer. 
Tas.PacificStreamCnw.DFb_.jpg
My boy Conner aka c4 on here put me up on game about this for my 14 week old English Bulldog.

The Salmon flavor is hella good for bulldogs and there sensitive skin. GREAT STUFF.

I feed my dogs raw chicken, duck, beaver, bison and occasionally deer (deer farts are BAD). They also get ground vegetables and a few supplements.

I feed my dogs raw chicken, duck, beaver, bison and occasionally deer (deer farts are BAD). They also get ground vegetables and a few supplements.

8qZY7YOFk0HtmiL-OJfTH78gQAiL3n6LrVAhuB0tJyPU_4Z13XN0_q3QpGJMQFTgypqPK1De4jAta2FxBoIMjp4MX_Q4eXnpDQ0QeSEB-goiMchz85GX8TOnoBZozxoRsM4V2g286izXDPYE133AvXMvZ_g2onb5X6q-ZaHuwEo1MIVKLxA8Cq0rt0vRHKhd4TXHKER0GR2ZjapG1JFkS-FUZ9v2cr44jzy0A8gyE0EGLaXKaREQEmcs_A9CRJQHb4-fHkS4qAc

I went with Orijen.  It's a little more expensive and kinda hard to find but I think its worth it since it's one of the best dog foods out there.  My only concern is the high level of protein.  A high protein diet and a french bulldog could be mean really bad gas.   I'm surprised no one else feeds Orijen. 

For those of you who feed Pedigree, Purina, Eukanuba, Iams, Nutro, and other large commercial dog food to check out:

http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com/  or   http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/

Really think about changing your food to a grain free food.  Here's what I think are the best brands available:

TOTW- Good quality dog food for a good price.
Wellness Core- Make sure you're getting Core and not the reg Wellness
Evo- I would stay away from Evo.  They were recently bought by Proctor & Gamble(same makers of Iams and Eukanuba)
Acana
Orijen-
pimp.gif

Blue Buffalo
Canidae
Solid Gold

I don't do it but I think the best diet for a dog is a mix of raw and dry food. 

eukanuba for Yorkshire terriers. Both my silky terrier and chihuahua eat it. I've gone through tons of brands, they all mess up my silkys skin besides eukanuba

Look into feeding raw food for a silky coat.

8qZY7YOFk0HtmiL-OJfTH78gQAiL3n6LrVAhuB0tJyPU_4Z13XN0_q3QpGJMQFTgypqPK1De4jAta2FxBoIMjp4MX_Q4eXnpDQ0QeSEB-goiMchz85GX8TOnoBZozxoRsM4V2g286izXDPYE133AvXMvZ_g2onb5X6q-ZaHuwEo1MIVKLxA8Cq0rt0vRHKhd4TXHKER0GR2ZjapG1JFkS-FUZ9v2cr44jzy0A8gyE0EGLaXKaREQEmcs_A9CRJQHb4-fHkS4qAc

I went with Orijen.  It's a little more expensive and kinda hard to find but I think its worth it since it's one of the best dog foods out there.  My only concern is the high level of protein.  A high protein diet and a french bulldog could be mean really bad gas.   I'm surprised no one else feeds Orijen. 

For those of you who feed Pedigree, Purina, Eukanuba, Iams, Nutro, and other large commercial dog food to check out:

Really think about changing your food to a grain free food.  Here's what I think are the best brands available:

Evo- I would stay away from Evo.  They were recently bought by Proctor & Gamble(same makers of Iams and Eukanuba)
Acana
Orijen-
pimp.gif

Blue Buffalo
Canidae
Solid Gold

eukanuba for Yorkshire terriers. Both my silky terrier and chihuahua eat it. I've gone through tons of brands, they all mess up my silkys skin besides eukanuba

Look into feeding raw food for a silky coat.

Originally Posted by Smokey13

Originally Posted by GatorBeltsNPattieMelts

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

imgres
T170205

he'll be a year in May... this lil' fool brolic too
laugh.gif
Got muscles like a #BAWSE
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
That stuff is bad for dogs
grin.gif

says who exactly?

My dog is healthy and happy and it came recommended from the people I bought him from.  He hasn't had any major health issues (food related anyway) and he is always energetic and lively.  He doesn't have digestive issues and poops regularly (and it's firm/normal) While your "
grin.gif
" is much appreciated,  I'm not changing his food until our Vet says so. WHICH when I told him this is the food I was feeding him, he didn't say anything sooooooooo

Thanks though.  

http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/dog-food-reviews/eukanuba-dog-food-customized-nutrition/

i love when people get elitist about dog food. dogs eating better quality food than their owners.
laugh.gif

It's not about getting elitist.  It's about having a healthy dog.  Healthy dog=no vet bills

thanks for the link...

I was just saying my pup IS healthy. All of his issues he got from his %!*@$ of a mother  (worms & mange
indifferent.gif
)

Plus, I mean---all I got is petco really. If it's not there, we not getting it.  I don't live near a Whole foods either. I'll discuss eating plans with my Vet though, and see what he says.

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

imgres
T170205

he'll be a year in May... this lil' fool brolic too
laugh.gif
Got muscles like a #BAWSE
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
That stuff is bad for dogs
grin.gif

says who exactly?

My dog is healthy and happy and it came recommended from the people I bought him from.  He hasn't had any major health issues (food related anyway) and he is always energetic and lively.  He doesn't have digestive issues and poops regularly (and it's firm/normal) While your "
grin.gif
" is much appreciated,  I'm not changing his food until our Vet says so. WHICH when I told him this is the food I was feeding him, he didn't say anything sooooooooo

Thanks though.  

http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/dog-food-reviews/eukanuba-dog-food-customized-nutrition/

i love when people get elitist about dog food. dogs eating better quality food than their owners.
laugh.gif

It's not about getting elitist.  It's about having a healthy dog.  Healthy dog=no vet bills

thanks for the link...

I was just saying my pup IS healthy. All of his issues he got from his %!*@$ of a mother  (worms & mange
indifferent.gif
)

Plus, I mean---all I got is petco really. If it's not there, we not getting it.  I don't live near a Whole foods either. I'll discuss eating plans with my Vet though, and see what he says.

Originally Posted by Earl the Pearl

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

Nutro Ultra choice for Large Breed Adult dogs.. I have a blue pit...  I use a mix of canned and bagged food just so he doesn't get bored with it.  Hope this helps.  

your pitbull ain't a large dog tho.

7eb16f5211f719cb42521e333dc329e8d902ce9a.jpg

Really?  This is him,  I was always told he was a Large Breed dog.  85 lbs not large breed?   Interesting to hear about the corn gluten tho from other dude, gonna have to bring it up with my vet.  Don't want to be feeding him large breed if I'm not supposed to but the 3 different vets I've taken him to over the years have said that large breed was ok when I asked if the food I was feeding was the right stuff. 

I got a blue pitt too....Pits are def considered to be large breed dogs.

if yall got a pit, im tellin u that bil jac get them boys big

I'm sayin, is it healthy though ?
laugh.gif

164190_656465346110_8903431_35295328_4118189_n.jpg

took this around Christmas... he about 6-7 months.

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

Nutro Ultra choice for Large Breed Adult dogs.. I have a blue pit...  I use a mix of canned and bagged food just so he doesn't get bored with it.  Hope this helps.  

your pitbull ain't a large dog tho.

7eb16f5211f719cb42521e333dc329e8d902ce9a.jpg

Really?  This is him,  I was always told he was a Large Breed dog.  85 lbs not large breed?   Interesting to hear about the corn gluten tho from other dude, gonna have to bring it up with my vet.  Don't want to be feeding him large breed if I'm not supposed to but the 3 different vets I've taken him to over the years have said that large breed was ok when I asked if the food I was feeding was the right stuff. 

I got a blue pitt too....Pits are def considered to be large breed dogs.

if yall got a pit, im tellin u that bil jac get them boys big

I'm sayin, is it healthy though ?
laugh.gif

164190_656465346110_8903431_35295328_4118189_n.jpg

took this around Christmas... he about 6-7 months.

Originally Posted by HAZE323

tastes of the wild is the best food out ......i use halo on preg and nursing females........how much you guy paying for tastes of the wild i pay 30 for 30lbs bag

Can I ask what store sells it for $30/30lb bag?  I pay about $29 for a 15lb at Centinela feed store out here in So Cal. 

Originally Posted by HAZE323

tastes of the wild is the best food out ......i use halo on preg and nursing females........how much you guy paying for tastes of the wild i pay 30 for 30lbs bag

Can I ask what store sells it for $30/30lb bag?  I pay about $29 for a 15lb at Centinela feed store out here in So Cal. 

Acana
Orijen-
pimp.gif

Blue Buffalo
Canidae
Solid Gold

I did, but it gave my boston the runs (too high of protein).  It's nice though, they make sample size bags to see if it agrees with your dog.

Acana
Orijen-
pimp.gif

Blue Buffalo
Canidae
Solid Gold

I did, but it gave my boston the runs (too high of protein).  It's nice though, they make sample size bags to see if it agrees with your dog.

Glad I saw this thread.
Been feeding my miniature poodle kibbles n bits.
sick.gif
sick.gif

Going to make the switch to TOTW.
Also, any recommendations for vitamins?

Glad I saw this thread.
Been feeding my miniature poodle kibbles n bits.
sick.gif
sick.gif

Going to make the switch to TOTW.
Also, any recommendations for vitamins?

I feed my 90lb lab American Natural Premium. You dont want to feed your dogs Pedigree, Purina or IAMS or anything from like Target or Jewel. Those contain chicken or beef biproduct which are the last remaining segments of an animal. Such as eyes, beeks, claws, bones. You want to feed your pets "meal" like chicken meal or fish meal. IAMS and Pedigree contain alot of fillers which dont do anything to enhance your dogs health or fur coat.

Here are some ratings of Purina and Pedigree - they got 1 star.
http://www.dogfoodadvisor.../dog-food-reviews/1-star

Here is American Natural Premium - 4 stars
http://www.dogfoodadvisor...atural-premium-dog-food/

You can get American Natural Premium at most animal specialty stores except the large stores like Pets Mart.
It retails for about $40 for a 40 pound bag. It may seem expensive but with dog food you for sure get what you pay for.

I feed my 90lb lab American Natural Premium. You dont want to feed your dogs Pedigree, Purina or IAMS or anything from like Target or Jewel. Those contain chicken or beef biproduct which are the last remaining segments of an animal. Such as eyes, beeks, claws, bones. You want to feed your pets "meal" like chicken meal or fish meal. IAMS and Pedigree contain alot of fillers which dont do anything to enhance your dogs health or fur coat.

Here are some ratings of Purina and Pedigree - they got 1 star.
http://www.dogfoodadvisor.../dog-food-reviews/1-star

Here is American Natural Premium - 4 stars
http://www.dogfoodadvisor...atural-premium-dog-food/

You can get American Natural Premium at most animal specialty stores except the large stores like Pets Mart.
It retails for about $40 for a 40 pound bag. It may seem expensive but with dog food you for sure get what you pay for.

Avoderm is a great brand. My pup gets compliments on his coat all the time (might be because he's half Springer Spaniel too lol)

Avoderm is a great brand. My pup gets compliments on his coat all the time (might be because he's half Springer Spaniel too lol)

Back
Top Bottom