NT Gaming Forum?

Originally Posted by OHyeah10

why not just go to a gaming forum?
Because some of want to talk gaming with the people that we know on THIS forum.

Apply that same logic the next time you post in the sports forum, on the sneaker board.

Originally Posted by OHyeah10

why not just go to a gaming forum?
Because some of want to talk gaming with the people that we know on THIS forum.

Apply that same logic the next time you post in the sports forum, on the sneaker board.

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

Originally Posted by Big J 33

2lus19w.gif
laugh.gif
%#!+!#
laugh.gif

a gaming thread would get more post then the regional forum

Originally Posted by RetroSan

That really isn't saying much.

I was liking the idea of a gaming forum then Big J came and !#*%*$+ all over the it.
30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by RetroSan

That really isn't saying much.

I was liking the idea of a gaming forum then Big J came and !#*%*$+ all over the it.
30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Be Easy

I'm for the electronics one. 
Yeah, this one isn't bad, as well. The PS3 Thread is a little messy, to be honest. It moves too quickly, especially with the news.

Originally Posted by Be Easy

I'm for the electronics one. 
Yeah, this one isn't bad, as well. The PS3 Thread is a little messy, to be honest. It moves too quickly, especially with the news.

If you add 1 sub-forum, then you're going to hear the complaints to add another, then another, then General sucks.

Not to mention, there hasn't been an obvious need for one... how many threads on pages 1-5 actually deal with gaming? If the thread is big enough then you can make a separate thread (see the Call of Duty, 2K11, Mortal Kombat, etc.) otherwise the PS3/Xbox thread is more than enough. There's nothing stopping you from making threads based on certain games, gaming topics, etc. 

If General was being dominated by threads about gaming, then you have a stronger case. Also, there are gaming-focused forums and sites out there, so people can always get their fix somewhere else. This is still a sneaker website at the end of the day... General, Sports, Music is enough. General is cool on here because you get a little bit of everything, gaming, cars, film, tv, news, recycled memes, etc. Separating individual topics takes away from General and there just isn't a demand for it.
My thoughts exactly.
Had a much better explanation than my simple initial response.

I did reconsider how at one point in time we may not have had a Music, Sports, Showcase, etc. forum here on Niketalk - but still succeeded as the best sneaker forum online - and how when they were eventually added, most of them were popular enough among us to flourish. I thought that the most recent additions of Showcase, Artwork and Reviews forums would be enough for Niketalk to have just enough variety without trying to do too much. I think I may also be a little afraid of more change because I really think what we have is enough...

...And to be honest, I haven't ventured into Retro or other sections enough in the last year as much as I used to in a single day, I'm pretty much a General lurker...and I love General
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

If you add 1 sub-forum, then you're going to hear the complaints to add another, then another, then General sucks.

Not to mention, there hasn't been an obvious need for one... how many threads on pages 1-5 actually deal with gaming? If the thread is big enough then you can make a separate thread (see the Call of Duty, 2K11, Mortal Kombat, etc.) otherwise the PS3/Xbox thread is more than enough. There's nothing stopping you from making threads based on certain games, gaming topics, etc. 

If General was being dominated by threads about gaming, then you have a stronger case. Also, there are gaming-focused forums and sites out there, so people can always get their fix somewhere else. This is still a sneaker website at the end of the day... General, Sports, Music is enough. General is cool on here because you get a little bit of everything, gaming, cars, film, tv, news, recycled memes, etc. Separating individual topics takes away from General and there just isn't a demand for it.
My thoughts exactly.
Had a much better explanation than my simple initial response.

I did reconsider how at one point in time we may not have had a Music, Sports, Showcase, etc. forum here on Niketalk - but still succeeded as the best sneaker forum online - and how when they were eventually added, most of them were popular enough among us to flourish. I thought that the most recent additions of Showcase, Artwork and Reviews forums would be enough for Niketalk to have just enough variety without trying to do too much. I think I may also be a little afraid of more change because I really think what we have is enough...

...And to be honest, I haven't ventured into Retro or other sections enough in the last year as much as I used to in a single day, I'm pretty much a General lurker...and I love General
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

I remember a few years ago this was something everyone sorta wanted.

Tech/Gaming forums and Automotive forums.

But the mods shut out those ideas
laugh.gif

I remember a few years ago this was something everyone sorta wanted.

Tech/Gaming forums and Automotive forums.

But the mods shut out those ideas
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom