NT help with my next big move in life vol. Do I go for it

So I need some help NT. And I have tried beinghere for my brethren as much as I can and now I call on you. I am soongoing to college in town but choose not to live in my home anymore due toissues within the family. I currently have a well paying job working about 30or so hours a week. My college is payed for due to grants scholarships etc soshe isn’t paying that nor am I. I constantly buy kicks so that sets me back buteh what can you do? I buy them now so when I make my move to get on with life Ican have shoes that will sit and be items Ill love more when I am older. Myfriend offered me to live with her for only the cost of utilities, and itd onlybe around $270 a month. Without kicks its not that bad, considering ill only bepaying that plus car insurance while my mom covers the phone bill. Food iscovered by my girl who hooks it up constantly. Mom told me I can do it, but shewould much rather me stay at home for a year or two. She asked what could I gainfrom this? I said freedom and the ability to prove I am my own person that canhandle myself like an adult. She still advises against it, but I am going forit. I ask, have any of you been on your own paying your own way for livingsince you graduated? If so was it difficult and how did you manage? I knowtheres a lot of hard working dudes on here and am just looking for an opinion. DoI do it? Will it benefit me or is living at home under others rules as analmost grown dude a good idea? Any voice besides negative is appreciated.

Cliffnotes:

Going tocollege

Want to moveout

Have a jobto pay rent

Only goingto cost about 270 a month

Mom advisesagainst it

I am stillgoing to do it

Any of yallbeen in same situation

How did youhandle it

Good/badidea?

So I need some help NT. And I have tried beinghere for my brethren as much as I can and now I call on you. I am soongoing to college in town but choose not to live in my home anymore due toissues within the family. I currently have a well paying job working about 30or so hours a week. My college is payed for due to grants scholarships etc soshe isn’t paying that nor am I. I constantly buy kicks so that sets me back buteh what can you do? I buy them now so when I make my move to get on with life Ican have shoes that will sit and be items Ill love more when I am older. Myfriend offered me to live with her for only the cost of utilities, and itd onlybe around $270 a month. Without kicks its not that bad, considering ill only bepaying that plus car insurance while my mom covers the phone bill. Food iscovered by my girl who hooks it up constantly. Mom told me I can do it, but shewould much rather me stay at home for a year or two. She asked what could I gainfrom this? I said freedom and the ability to prove I am my own person that canhandle myself like an adult. She still advises against it, but I am going forit. I ask, have any of you been on your own paying your own way for livingsince you graduated? If so was it difficult and how did you manage? I knowtheres a lot of hard working dudes on here and am just looking for an opinion. DoI do it? Will it benefit me or is living at home under others rules as analmost grown dude a good idea? Any voice besides negative is appreciated.

Cliffnotes:

Going tocollege

Want to moveout

Have a jobto pay rent

Only goingto cost about 270 a month

Mom advisesagainst it

I am stillgoing to do it

Any of yallbeen in same situation

How did youhandle it

Good/badidea?

i turned 19 and i moved to a whole different state! and i have been back and forth from my mom house since then. now being 25 i wish i woulda just got myself planted somewhere and stayed because its HARD to do it now. i dont know your potential roommate so i cant say anything about her rules or whatever but some roommates are a *%%$% to deal with; their either neat freaks or just plain pigs. just slow down buying shoes and save your money, IF you move out and fall on hard times, imagine having to pay EVERYTHING on your own......youll thank your lucky stars your always welcomed at moms place

i turned 19 and i moved to a whole different state! and i have been back and forth from my mom house since then. now being 25 i wish i woulda just got myself planted somewhere and stayed because its HARD to do it now. i dont know your potential roommate so i cant say anything about her rules or whatever but some roommates are a *%%$% to deal with; their either neat freaks or just plain pigs. just slow down buying shoes and save your money, IF you move out and fall on hard times, imagine having to pay EVERYTHING on your own......youll thank your lucky stars your always welcomed at moms place

how bad is it at home?

if you're only reason is to prove yourself you have the rest of your life to do so...no need to rush it...

i would say at least wait a semester so you know you can handle work and school...its not hard to do but that *$#$ ain't easy either...rushing from work to sit in class till 10 is no bueno

how bad is it at home?

if you're only reason is to prove yourself you have the rest of your life to do so...no need to rush it...

i would say at least wait a semester so you know you can handle work and school...its not hard to do but that *$#$ ain't easy either...rushing from work to sit in class till 10 is no bueno

Just heard that 85% of college kids are returning home after college according to msnbc.  Just something to be mindful of. 

Just heard that 85% of college kids are returning home after college according to msnbc.  Just something to be mindful of. 

I paid my way in school. Except my roommate and I paid (total) 850 in rent, and 100 in utilities. You grow up a lot quicker and you learn to do things for yourself, by yourself. There are time you're strapped for cash but you do what you have to do.

While in school I worked 30 hours a week, donated plasma for extra money and was on food stamps. But I did it

I paid my way in school. Except my roommate and I paid (total) 850 in rent, and 100 in utilities. You grow up a lot quicker and you learn to do things for yourself, by yourself. There are time you're strapped for cash but you do what you have to do.

While in school I worked 30 hours a week, donated plasma for extra money and was on food stamps. But I did it

Do it. Commuting to school is not the business. You have to live it up in college. I suggest sitting down with your family and just explain to them your reasoning.

Do it. Commuting to school is not the business. You have to live it up in college. I suggest sitting down with your family and just explain to them your reasoning.

1. pics of the girl you'd be living with?

But for real, if you can live at home and save why not? You can still go to your school and be involved with everything. Theres people I know at my school who are from town and live on campus and pay around $500 a month for a crappy apartment when they could just live at home about 3 minutes away. It won't hurt to try it if you can cover it but you could also be saving $270 a month and putting it towards something important for after college

1. pics of the girl you'd be living with?

But for real, if you can live at home and save why not? You can still go to your school and be involved with everything. Theres people I know at my school who are from town and live on campus and pay around $500 a month for a crappy apartment when they could just live at home about 3 minutes away. It won't hurt to try it if you can cover it but you could also be saving $270 a month and putting it towards something important for after college

I know the girl and have for almost 3 years
Shes 25 Im 18 so its chill and there wont be any mess
She mostly lives with her boyfriend so she is only home 1-2 days a week and it is a very large 3 bedroom house
It is in TX
I know it will be difficult but I feel its necessary
I have a girl so it isnt about living with a girl lol its about my own life
I feel it will help me learn my way faster
I am always welcome at home some what but I feel its something I need to do
Even if I do it for a semester and it doesnt work out
I will feel accomplished
But if I dont do it she will find someone else
Her last room mate who is also my friend who only left because he moved to another city payed over 600 per month
She is trying help a brother out
Looks like I will start the planning
I am in school till June and I said once summer starts Ill work full time and not buy shoes anymore

Back
Top Bottom