NT, How many times can you rep 135 on bench?

laugh.gif
Mez 0ne wrote:
Aiight, I didn't want to do this but I said why not.....my cam-phone fell over when I put the weight back so you can't see my Hussein Bolt celebration afterwards
indifferent.gif

But whatever, keep in mind I did a crazy chest workout less than 24 hours ago so I'm still sore, and I did this AFTER my back workout, so I was tired and tryna' G.T.F.O.

40 reps (i went down at least 90 degrees)
pimp.gif
���� (Ignore the whack gym music)

*waits for someone to say I did em' too fast or didn't go down enough, blah blah this is 135 we ta;lkin' about I don't have the patience.

MEZ!!! FTFW up till 30....
roll.gif

38,39 you almost bust a� blood vessel didnt you....
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Once I hit 30 I was like.............@$*%.
laugh.gif

My chest is mad sore from yesterday.
sick.gif

People need to start posting videos, just make sure only 1-2 people are around.
nerd.gif

*Edit; Usain

Originally Posted by Long Beach Vincey

Originally Posted by KICKINHEADZ1010

Originally Posted by Long Beach Vincey

Never tried to rep 135 as many times as possible, but I would imagine at least 25-30 times if not more

5'4

I doubt it.
laugh.gif
I know it sounds like a stretch. It really isn't that difficult. I may just have to make a short film for a good laugh
It's possible. You probably have pretty short arms so that along could make it possible. 135 really isn't much, even for a 125lb'erwho works out often and properly.

smh.gif
tired.gif

I'm a New York Times sports journalist when it comes to real topics.

I just came back from the gym leave me alone.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I bet u almost pinned yourself from laughin while u was doin it
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Peep dude in the back peakin over out the corner of his eye while he sip water . He like " what the ##!# is this *$*@@ doin"

laugh.gif

Kn0wledgeable wrote:
Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Aiight, I didn't want to do this but I said why not.....my cam-phone fell over when I put the weight back so you can't see my Hussein Bolt celebration afterwards
indifferent.gif

But whatever, keep in mind I did a crazy chest workout less than 24 hours ago so I'm still sore, and I did this AFTER my back workout, so I was tired and tryna' G.T.F.O.

pimp.gif

*waits for someone to say I did em' too fast or didn't go down enough, blah blah this is 135 we ta;lkin' about I don't have the patience.
laugh.gif
my G...hit ya chest when u come down....still impressive though...40 aint too shabby. BUT still, you gotta hit ya chest. if you hit ya chest you may have done 30 instead of 40
laugh.gif

Hitting your chest makes it more likely youll injure your shoulder. 90 degrees or sllllighty lower than 90 and thats it.

Good luck hitting your chest without bouncing it off your chest too.

^^^exactly. Going past 90 degrees increases your chance of shoulder injury. instead squeeze when you're at the top.

laugh.gif
@ Mez

%*%@ hit and the camera went black looked the the end of Cloverfield where everything was dark.

Originally Posted by Jaw Knee C

^^^exactly. Going past 90 degrees increases your chance of shoulder injury. instead squeeze when you're at the top.

I dont know about that son.....

Originally Posted by Jay Gutta

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnhpKTXeIeg

bottom line is: people have their ways of doing it.

personally, my problem going all the way down touching the chest is that my shoulders burn out quick-you tend to lock in when your not supposed to. I try tokeep it 3-4 inches from my chest.

watching the video, the dude wants you to arch your back while others don't recommend it.

props to Mez with the video
laugh.gif
I can't bring myself to take a vid ofmyself lifting...maybe on an early Sunday morning

Originally Posted by Durden7

Originally Posted by tmay407

I haven't been to the gym in about 2 or 3 years, but I'm pretty sure I could do about 20 reps. I'm 5'11, 155...

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Yuppp.
Why would I lie about that? There's nobody on here that I need to impress...

Just because I haven't been going to the gym doesn't mean I haven't been exercising...I still do push-ups and exercises with resistance bands...

Originally Posted by Durden7

Originally Posted by Kn0wledgeable

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

indifferent.gif

pimp.gif

laugh.gif
my G...hit ya chest when u come down....still impressive though...40 aint too shabby. BUT still, you gotta hit ya chest. if you hit ya chest you may have done 30 instead of 40
laugh.gif

Hitting your chest makes it more likely youll injure your shoulder. 90 degrees or sllllighty lower than 90 and thats it.

Good luck hitting your chest without bouncing it off your chest too.
i dont know about the injury thing...but i hit my chest when i'm benching cause. that's the way i was taught to do it. i'll be honest,i use to do the 90 degree thing for a little while but there's such a difference when you go down to your chest instead. you need a lot more strength tobring the bar back up. to each their own though
laugh.gif
i'ma keep hittingmy chest hopefully without injury
happy.gif

Originally Posted by Jay Gutta

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnhpKTXeIeg

So youre going to trust some guy from a youtube video who is being backed by some fatloss website even though all fitness certifications say 90degrees?

i dont know about the injury thing...but i hit my chest when i'm benching cause. that's the way i was taught to do it. i'll be honest, i use to do the 90 degree thing for a little while but there's such a difference when you go down to your chest instead. you need a lot more strength to bring the bar back up. to each their own though
laugh.gif
i'ma keep hitting my chest hopefully without injury
happy.gif

You need more strength to bring the bar back up because youre using your shoulder for part of the exercise instead of your chest.

Back
Top Bottom