NT how much are you getting back from taxes??

went to jackson hewitt found out im getting $2463 back
pimp.gif

good looking Obama on that $400 that everyone who was not calimed as a dependent is getting back

6k fed
200 state

i actually got my state check already

awaitting for that fed one
smh.gif

has this happen to any one yet?? and how long did it take?

^ Usually about a 2 week gap between receiving them.

6900 federal

1500 state

Originally Posted by ccb21040

pimp.gif

good looking Obama on that $400 that everyone who was not calimed as a dependent is getting back

i-demand-an-explanation-baby-demotivational-poster.jpg

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

pimp.gif

i-demand-an-explanation-baby-demotivational-poster.jpg

when i was getting my taxes done shorty told me the US governtment is giving everyone a $400 credit if you weren't claimed as a dependent 

Are you guys doing your own taxes or paying to get them done? Which sites are best to do it yourself?

Originally Posted by Div1LBC

Are you guys doing your own taxes or paying to get them done? Which sites are best to do it yourself?

i paid to get mine done. but i heard on turbotax.com you can do em' yourself for free and i heard it's pretty easy

Are you guys with huge returns hustling the deductions or having way too much money taken out of your weekly/biweekly check? I guess if you're not good at saving, that's one way to get the job done . . .

it is easy to do em yaself ^ . I think the only time its hard is when you have seperate businesses and companies or something. Thats when you need an consultant.

Someone correct me if im wrong.

when i was getting my taxes done shorty told me the US governtment is giving everyone a $400 credit if you weren't claimed as a dependent  
Does this apply to people no matter what their income bracket is?

im pretty sure it does. i only worked from oct.-dec. of last year and made $7,189 and they gave it to me

It gets phased out/reduced once your adjusted gross income is over $75,000 (single).  See Schedule M.

for those of you who are getting so much back... consider adjusting your W-4 so you can get more money throughout the year instead of relying on a huge tax refund every year.

you're basically giving uncle sam a huge loan.

Back
Top Bottom