NT: I need some advice from the College Grads

Okay so here's a little about me.... 21 years old, live at home with mom. In community college with 43 credits. Broke as hell and have been struggling all of 2010.

Im in dire need of money so a Full-time job is something that is on my radar. However schools around the corner and I need to do full-time so I can transfer out of CC in the spring. I can't drop out for a semester due to fed. sub. loans I have taken out.

Im thinking of getting a head start and moving to the city where id be attending University at. I seriously am dying to *$!! of my mom house. However the school is in S. Florida and cost of living is expensive so to survive i'll need full-time job money.

Last but not least, Im active in the gym everyday and want to learn some DJ'ing skills. These two things are really important to me and I need time for them.

Alright so with all that being said hit me your thoughts

Okay so here's a little about me.... 21 years old, live at home with mom. In community college with 43 credits. Broke as hell and have been struggling all of 2010.

Im in dire need of money so a Full-time job is something that is on my radar. However schools around the corner and I need to do full-time so I can transfer out of CC in the spring. I can't drop out for a semester due to fed. sub. loans I have taken out.

Im thinking of getting a head start and moving to the city where id be attending University at. I seriously am dying to *$!! of my mom house. However the school is in S. Florida and cost of living is expensive so to survive i'll need full-time job money.

Last but not least, Im active in the gym everyday and want to learn some DJ'ing skills. These two things are really important to me and I need time for them.

Alright so with all that being said hit me your thoughts

Too much on your plate.
You can't possibly give a meaningful effort as a full-time student WITH a full-time job, especially being an active gym member and an aspiring DJ. 

My advice to you is to focus on what matters most for you in your life. If it's DJing, go for it. If it's getting your degree, hit the books 100%. Don't half %%% it and try to get it all done, you will burn out and fail.

I think it's great you have all of these ambitions, they are all interests which can lead to fulfilling careers (whether it be graduating college, pursuing a career in personal fitness or disk jockeying). You just have to ask yourself what you want most. 

Short term sacrifices for long term success!

Too much on your plate.
You can't possibly give a meaningful effort as a full-time student WITH a full-time job, especially being an active gym member and an aspiring DJ. 

My advice to you is to focus on what matters most for you in your life. If it's DJing, go for it. If it's getting your degree, hit the books 100%. Don't half %%% it and try to get it all done, you will burn out and fail.

I think it's great you have all of these ambitions, they are all interests which can lead to fulfilling careers (whether it be graduating college, pursuing a career in personal fitness or disk jockeying). You just have to ask yourself what you want most. 

Short term sacrifices for long term success!

uhhhh... whats the question?

i'm going to take a blind stab at it.

You're young. While its not healthy, you can probably get by on very little sleep, which is going to become a day to day reality if you really plan on squeezing all of that in. It really comes down to who you are, and what your level of dedication/motivation is. Personally, I couldn't do it. I worked a part time job while taking a somewhat fulltime courseload in college so I had money to buy buds and snacks. PT Job + 4 classes meant I did not have enough time to do what I wanted to do. That is... smoke bowls and play NFL2K on Dreamcast for 4 hours a day with my boys. Lowest priority for me was attending class, since I am fairly smart and was able to teach myself enough to atleast a B in class just by reading the textbook and doing the assignments. Therefore I cut class fairly often to catch up on sleep (probably not the best idea).

About the whole gettin out of Mom's house. I know its probably cramping your style, but no need to rush. You will quickly miss coming home to a clean house, full fridge, and home cooked meals (not to mention the extra cash you got in your pocket from not having to pay rent + utilities). I would say get a job where you're at and ride it out through the summer. Save every penny you can now so that you wont be so hardup for cash once school starts.

uhhhh... whats the question?

i'm going to take a blind stab at it.

You're young. While its not healthy, you can probably get by on very little sleep, which is going to become a day to day reality if you really plan on squeezing all of that in. It really comes down to who you are, and what your level of dedication/motivation is. Personally, I couldn't do it. I worked a part time job while taking a somewhat fulltime courseload in college so I had money to buy buds and snacks. PT Job + 4 classes meant I did not have enough time to do what I wanted to do. That is... smoke bowls and play NFL2K on Dreamcast for 4 hours a day with my boys. Lowest priority for me was attending class, since I am fairly smart and was able to teach myself enough to atleast a B in class just by reading the textbook and doing the assignments. Therefore I cut class fairly often to catch up on sleep (probably not the best idea).

About the whole gettin out of Mom's house. I know its probably cramping your style, but no need to rush. You will quickly miss coming home to a clean house, full fridge, and home cooked meals (not to mention the extra cash you got in your pocket from not having to pay rent + utilities). I would say get a job where you're at and ride it out through the summer. Save every penny you can now so that you wont be so hardup for cash once school starts.

I'm not gonna tell you anything other than this...

If you truly want something. I mean, really really want something... then you'll find a way to make it happen.

I'm not gonna tell you anything other than this...

If you truly want something. I mean, really really want something... then you'll find a way to make it happen.

^^ Good advice

Go to school full time, work part time. Get good grades. Find a job with some tuition reimbursement. I used to work at IKEA years ago and they had a real good tuition reimbursement program. I used to hit them for like $6 grand a year.

Like above, you gotta make sacrifices. Knock out the school. Then you can DJ on the side when you get out of school and get a job.

^^ Good advice

Go to school full time, work part time. Get good grades. Find a job with some tuition reimbursement. I used to work at IKEA years ago and they had a real good tuition reimbursement program. I used to hit them for like $6 grand a year.

Like above, you gotta make sacrifices. Knock out the school. Then you can DJ on the side when you get out of school and get a job.

Back
Top Bottom