NT, I'm taking swimming classes.

I signed up for an a adult swim class this summer, and I was just curious if any other people here learned to swim as an adult?

You won't regret it. Props 
smokin.gif

I learned as a kid but I throw no shade at you. Dude we used to hoop with just drowned last week in a 100ft deep manmade lake and they had to send divers to go recover his body.

i learned as a kid as well my best advice is just kick your arms and legs and you will get it don't be scared just relax props op:smokin

What kind of swimsuits are best for swimming? I know boardshorts are not the best for swimming.

I learned how to swim as a kid. I think the biggest issue for most people is the fear of being in that much water than the actually swimming part. Nothing like swimming :pimp:

Man i didnt know how to swim until 2008 when michael phelps was in the olympics. I got inspired by him. So id watch him swim everyday then id go practice in a cousins pool. Finally learned

Now ya boy swimmin like a champ

Good, I learned how to swim years ago but haven't been in a pool since then, think I'd be able to hold my own if needed.

Respect op. My wife just learned how to swim a few years ago. I kept telling her that swimming is a survival skill that everyone should have. You never know when you will need to swim in order to save your life or the life of your children. Let us know when you get the hang of things

what's wrong with board shorts?

I would bring goggles if its chlorine water, chlorine burns my eyes. Might also not want to eat before swimming, hurling in the pool is gonna make em close off the pool

Last edited:
Also, feel free to urinate in the water. That thing about a chemical making a green cloud follow you in the water so everyone knows you did is such a myth

What do you guys consider "swimming"?

Cos I can tread water and stay afloat and do all the basic strokes, but I hate going under the water :lol:

You know, I was actually looking into Adult classes because, unfortunately, I never learned how to swim.

I'm trying to find free classes but I'm getting zero hits. :smh:

I started swimming when I was 7 and competed for a few years.

Stay calm and learn how to breathe. Everything after that (e.g. learning proper strokes, etc.) is simple.

You know, I was actually looking into Adult classes because, unfortunately, I never learned how to swim.

I'm trying to find free classes but I'm getting zero hits.
mean.gif

I taught myself as a kid. You can teach yourself as a grown man and all it'll cost is the price to go to and from a public pool/beach.

I learned how to swim when I was younger

The thing holding me back was letting myself go to float and swim I used to have one foot glued to the floor at all times :lol:

Once I got over that I was good money :pimp:

I was scared of swimming in deep water too so I would practice treading water in shallow til I got good enough to mess with the deep

Also took a class for college on swimming and learned different strokes and got 1000 times better

Back
Top Bottom