NT, I'm taking swimming classes.

Yep. I took swim lessons as an adult.

Any swim trunks will do. You might also want to purchase some goggles, and maybe even some ear plugs.

Thats all you'll need.

Any swim trunks will do. You might also want to purchase some goggles, and maybe even some ear plugs.

Thats all you'll need.
How long did it take you to learn? I'm curious, because I signed up for five weeks of lessons two times a week.

Thats all you'll need.
How long did it take you to learn? I'm curious, because I signed up for five weeks of lessons two times a week.
Well, prior to taking lessons I could swim to save my life if I had to, but I wanted to learn proper technique so I could swim laps as a form of low-impact cardio.

Everyone in the class will have a different learning curve so don't worry about that.

If you want to get a head start, you can search youtube for swim technique videos. That'll give you an idea of what you'll be learning (search swim breathing technique, swim floating technique, swimming basics, etc). You'll need to learn that prior to learning any actual swim stroke techniques.

Thats all you'll need.

That should be fine. It might depend on your instructor because they might want to teach you different kinds of strokes.

I use to wear trunks as a kid, but I just go with basketball shorts now

Just curious, how old are you?

That should be fine. It might depend on your instructor because they might want to teach you different kinds of strokes.

22 and I am justing tired of always running for cardio so I thought swimming would be a good way to mix it up.

22 and I am justing tired of always running for cardio so I thought swimming would be a good way to mix it up.

Swimming wasn't part of of your PE curriculum in HS or jr high?

What do you guys consider "swimming"?

Cos I can tread water and stay afloat and do all the basic strokes, but I hate going under the water :lol:
Funny because I'm the opposite

More natural for me to be underwater

As soon as I hit the surface I can't tread :lol:

So I take a few breaths then go back under 

This is me. :lol:

My girl is a damn mermaid! She was on the swimming team also.

took lessons as a kid, used to beast doing back strokes but unfortunately can't do em anymore. not sure why but I just can't seem to float anymore so just stuck to doing breast strokes. last time I swam though, every time I dove underwater, water just kept getting through my nose, never happened to me before.

Man get outta here wit' you privileged fancy high school self...lol

I went to a "hood" high school. We could barely access drinking water from our broke ***** water fountains, let alone our non-existant swimming pool.

:lol: :lol:

Last edited:
Swim gym was a requirement for graduation for my HS
But it was a class where you can show up everyday and pass even if you couldn't swim at the end of the semester

Man get outta here wit' you privileged fancy high school self...lol

I went to a "hood" high school. We could barely access drinking water from our broke ***** water fountains, let alone our non-existant swimming pool.

:lol: :lol:

sorry :lol:

It's good brody. Once you moving like Mike Phelps you can save all these drowning ****. Instayambs :pimp:

I used to swim really well when I was a kid. But after years outside of the pool, I've lost touch with it. I can swim easily at pool parties etc, but I want to get a trainer to learn perfect form for laps...

Was on swim team from age 6-12.

Basically swam everyday after school.

I'm a professional. I can swim anywhere. Well over 2k times.

Back
Top Bottom