NT started the "bred" nickname? VOL. Shout outs

That's not the point. :lol:

For people who have been around shoes for more than 5 years when the VIIs retroed during the jersey era that nickname came around. Before that they didn't really have a true nickname worth sticking so that name has been around damn near forever now to most of the older dudes on here.

Calling them Raptors isn't because it matches the team colors, it's because that nickname has stuck to them since the first retro during THAT era, is that so hard to comprehend? It's not just about matching team colors kid. :lol:

So true. Its not about matching colors at all. Cause in that era anytime anyone would ask what should I wear with these shoes the answer was ALWAYS
View media item 399492

Last edited:
They haven't been called Falcons ever though like how Raptors have. :lol:

I don't give a damn what OGs, newbs, lames, hypebeast or whatever the hell want to call a shoe, but at least make sense when trying to make a point.

Oh i made sense. Ur the one who said because a buncha jabronis matched with the raptor jersey bak when they RETROED, thats "ALWAYS" what they should be called. Notice the quotes.

I make sense. I understand ur saying that its the action of everyone wearin them with it, not just the fact it matches. And im saying thats ******ed.

Sticking up and trying to defend the use of these dumb gay names?

What were they called from 91 to 2002?
The raptors?

Oh man in 2001 everyone wore a vick jersey with the black and red xi. For that reason they should ALWAYS be called the vick 11s, or the falcons 11.

You didnt mention ish about "well everyone called them that".

U simply stated that everyone wore em with it and for the matchin reason, they "ALWAYS" should be called that.

An who the hell u think creates and actually uses all these dumbazz names..........

Hypebeasts

And i aint no kid.

What did u call those shoes from 91-2002?

Cuz some dumb nickname sticks in 2002, u stick with it?

Hypebeast if i ever heard

Basically. They should ALWAYS be called Raptors because of this exact reason IMO.

Not one mention of everyone calling them that, the name sticking, or nothing

The perfectly match n everyone wore em with it, so for that reason, the should ALWAYS be called that.

Had you me tioned anything about everyone calling them tbat since 2002, might have said you are right.

But ur first statement mentioned nothin of the sort.

My statement of the fact everyone wore the vick jersey with black n red 11, so thats what they should ALWAYS be called, would be the exact same thing then.....since orgininally not one thig was said about the use of the nickname.

Your post states they match perfect, and everyone rocked it. ALWAYS

Doesnt say "man everyone ALWAYS called these the raptors and thats why it will stick"

Last edited:
:stoneface:

The use of always is because of the name happened during that era and has stuck. There's nostalgia behind calling them raptor 7s that clearly you are angry about. :lol:

You need a Xanax or something? :lol: :smh:

You keep going back to that Falcons argument when nobody by the masses has called them that, at all. :lol:

YES people rocked Vick jerseys with it back then but NOBODY was calling them Falcons or Vicks :rofl:

Damn near everybody that was into the first retro of the VIIs were calling them Raptors though. :lol:

You make me laugh, thanks famb. :nthat:

Last edited:
So what u call em fro 91 to 2002?

And your firs post didnt mention people using the name.

Look at your first post.

I just quoted it. The guy talks about everyone matching.

Not one mention of the use of the name sticking.

You use the word "famb" and have the audacity to call me a kid? Ha

What if you were a kid during those years? I was born in 89, and I got those shoes in 2002 when they dropped. They were and still are my favorite pair ever and no 7th grader is really concerned with whats on the box. They were called Raptor 7s around my way, thats what I call them, and that is what I will continue to call them.

You guys are acting like these names somehow hurt the integrity of the shoe, my goodness

So what u call em fro 91 to 2002?

And your firs post didnt mention people using the name.

They didn't have a name, that's the point. :rofl:

You clearly didn't even understand my first post. Ninja explained it and I agreed. You're reaching so hard right now. :lol:

Im not reaching. Read the posts. Ninja said the name came from eeryone wearing a matching jersey.

He didnt say "well people been calling em that for years, so thats why it stuck"

He said it matched and thats why theyre called that. U said ALWAYS

Dont be sad cuz you are a collector and man over 25 using kiddie terms and nicknames

It's implied that that's why I said ALWAYS, but clearly you don't understand that. STILL. :lol:

FAMB is a term used on NT often. Not a kiddie term BTW. :lol:

You really do need a Xanax. :rofl:

I’ve always hated the nickname “breds” but can’t lie that it has grown on me and I don’t even care anymore

I’ve never minded the raptors nickname

green beans. 

That's not a nickname. It's the actual color listed on the box
Relax, I was stating a fact
laugh.gif
I'm kidding.

Can we change the olympic 7s to the falcon 7s or the vick 7s??
But really. The sooner the shoe gets a nickname. The more hype it will get.

Last edited:
Mars IV's is another nicknamed that irked the $#!+ outta me too. Thank goodness the 2012 retro didn't have that wack a** spike lee face on the side. Absolutely butchered the '06 retro

Back
Top Bottom