NT started the "bred" nickname? VOL. Shout outs

Mars IV's is another nicknamed that irked the $#!+ outta me too. Thank goodness the 2012 retro didn't have that wack a** spike lee face on the side. Absolutely butchered the '06 retro

That was a Nike gimmick. I see it on one hand since he did push along the popularity of the shoe, but that shoe was just beyond terrible from the name to the quality.

all i got to say is calling these shoes "he got games" and "raptor 7's" is straight disrespecting what the man did in those shoes when they originally dropped

i guarantee you those calling them that never saw MJ play (with the exception of a handfull of people)

EDIT: how can i forget "cavs" 4's :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh:

Last edited:
tumblr_m6lzmcyGLc1r6qtdro1_400.gif

all i got to say is calling these shoes "he got games" and "raptor 7's" is straight disrespecting what the man did in those shoes when they originally dropped

i guarantee you those calling them that never saw MJ play (with the exception of a handfull of people)

Realest thing said in this thread......

I understand the whole raptor/charcoal debate but what's wrong with "he got game" nickname? Spike lee features the shoe prominently in his film for a reason and even Michael Jordan brief cameo in the film is a stamp of approval on the name. And before you herbs come around here with the "you never saw him play" tag I was around for the bad boys era/first championship when if you worr Jordan's you were either a hooper or a drug dealer....

I understand the whole raptor/charcoal debate but what's wrong with "he got game" nickname? Spike lee features the shoe prominently in his film for a reason and even Michael Jordan brief cameo in the film is a stamp of approval on the name. And before you herbs come around here with the "you never saw him play" tag I was around for the bad boys era/first championship when if you worr Jordan's you were either a hooper or a drug dealer....

Yes, because the 13s came out just for He Got Game and thats also the first place ever we saw them.

Why aren't the pearls called the He Got Game foams??

NT also put on a bunch of other stuff like

WDYWT,

Elephant Print,

yeezus,

ninjahood,

"raptor",

whale,

etc

Yes, because the 13s came out just for He Got Game and thats also the first place ever we saw them.

Pearls is just a better name, plus people still use the jesus shuttlesworth alias sometimes.

Pearls is just a better name, plus people still use the jesus shuttlesworth alias sometimes.

I dont even..... :smh:

Since you don't know, the black and white 13's that you so affectionately call the "he got games" came out in November of 1997. The movie "He Got Game" came out in May of 1998. So, you see, there is NO WAY you can title that shoe after the movie since the actual colorway was release before the movie. That shoe was NEVER referred to as such prior to it's release earlier this year. Calling them that even further lets us know who you are :smh:. Did you google your reponse? :lol:

Olys will always be the Vicks to me. That image is seared into my brain forever. Thanks NT.

Since you don't know, the black and white 13's that you so affectionately call the "he got games" came out in November of 1997. The movie "He Got Game" came out in May of 1998. So, you see, there is NO WAY you can title that shoe after the movie since the actual colorway was release before the movie. That shoe was NEVER referred to as such prior to it's release earlier this year. Calling them that even further lets us know who you are :smh:. Did you google your reponse? :lol:

Since you're on your "sneakers is life" tip what were you calling them before spring of '98? You act like that film came out this year...this came came out while mike was still in the league and in an era where sneakers aren't obsessed over as it is (and you are) in this day and age. I bought my ex a pair of OG's from eBay in '04 and the buyer had them listed as "He got games". The name just got overused cause of this years retro so maybe that's why you got a problem with it.

I'm legit feeling this Falcon/Vick 7 name, doe

Only those of us "in the know" will get the reference.... :nthat:

The same dudes who are against nicknames are also the first dudes to say olympics, hares, or space jams. All of them are nicknames, and all of you use them. Now that there are more nicknames you are upset?

Okay.

Bred's and He Got Games are stupid.

You can't give a shoe a nickname after several re-releases :smh:

Last edited:
The same dudes who are against nicknames are also the first dudes to say olympics, hares, or space jams. All of them are nicknames, and all of you use them. Now that there are more nicknames you are upset?

Okay.

Sir Chuck, all of those nicknames make sense though. I'm not arguing against all nicknames. The Raptor VIIs just don't make sense.

Back
Top Bottom