NT: The People v OJ / 30 for 30: OJ

Watching it again.. Darden played himself smh

I understand what he was TRYING to say but dude went about saying it all wrong.

Cochran schooled him somethin vicious
As it was coming out of his mouth I couldn't believe it. Had to check if that was real.

Johnnie wasn't lying when he said he wasn't expecting to address that now. It was such low hanging fruit. Any black person with some sense of self could pick that argument a part.

I wanted Johnnie to ask if his white colleagues put Darden up to that. Darden got what he deserved from the media though. They lost black America on the first day :lol:

Another week goes by and I can't tell if the majority of this thread legit enjoys the show or thinks its a joke :rofl: .

Everyone was hyped by the "N please" line, and rightfully so, but I can't read some of y'all if you found it so over the top or took it as "Holy ****, it just got real".

I love the show

Might be my favorite thing on TV at the moment

Johnnie Cochran’s “******, please.”

Yep, this happened. All of it, with a handful of super-small changes in the dialogue. As Darden delivers his speech, Cochran sits back in a sprawling, unconcerned posture. When he finally speaks, he does so with the measured cadence of a Greek king. As Toobin recounts inThe Run of His Life, “When Cochran finally finished this peroration, he pushed to an even greater theatrical height, emotionally embracing Simpson and all the other lawyers at the defense table. Leaving at last . . . he had time only to whisper a brief word to Darden—the classic rebuke: ‘******, please . . .’ ”
http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2016/03/people-vs-oj-simpson-episode-5-recap-fact-check

Another way the defense played Darden is that F. Lee Bailey said that Darden would ask him for a grade every day after court and he would always give him a C+.

During a recess Bailey told Darden that if you don't have him try on the gloves, I will. Bailey who couldn't fit the gloves himself and knew O.J.'s hand were much bigger, said as we know now Darden took the "bait".

According to Bailey, the day of the verdict the officers asked O.J. for his autograph, because they said he was going home later that day. I'm really interested to see if that is shown in this series.

Bailey and Cochrane made Darden into a little boy :smh:

Also, if Kris Jenner and Nicole Simpson were so "close" how could she not know about the physical abuse Nicole was eduring?
http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2016/03/kris-jenner-nicole-brown-simpson-oj-murder
According to the article above, Kris J. didnt know about the abuse until it was mentioned during the trial.

Another way the defense played Darden is that F. Lee Bailey said that Darden would ask him for a grade every day after court and he would always give him a C+.

During a recess Bailey told Darden that if you don't have him try on the gloves, I will. Bailey who couldn't fit the gloves himself and knew O.J.'s hand were much bigger, said as we know now Darden took the "bait".

According to Bailey, the day of the verdict the officers asked O.J. for his autograph, because they said he was going home later that day. I'm really interested to see if that is shown in this series.

Also, if Kris Jenner and Nicole Simpson were so "close" how could she not know about the physical abuse Nicole was eduring?
http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2016/03/kris-jenner-nicole-brown-simpson-oj-murder
According to the article above, Kris J. didnt know about the abuse until it was mentioned during the trial.

It really makes no sense that there are 62 instances and she's her best friend and didn't know. Unless like Nicole's family, she was implicit in enabling it, goading her to makeup after each incident.

Last edited:
It really makes no sense that there are 62 instances and she's her best friend and didn't know. Unless like Nicole's family, she was implicit in enabling it, goading her to makeup after each incident.

Not really...if Nicole tells Kris J that OJ is whupping her a** that puts Kris and Kardashian in an awkward situation since they were also close friends with OJ. I can see why Nicole wouldn't tell her. She might have been afraid her friend would side with OJ and they wouldn't be friends anymore...or that if Kardashian confronted OJ that'd be another beating :smh: .

Last edited:
Damn they played the dude Chris. Only reason they brought him on was for appearances, then they ask him to prep a blatant racist cop. Then he played himself with that speech and looked like a complete sellout. And Marsha was playing dumb acting like "what's the big deal".

That was cold when Johnny hit him with the "_ please" :lol:

Not really...if Nicole tells Kris J that OJ is whupping her a** that puts Kris and Kardashian in an awkward situation since they were also close friends with OJ. I can see why Nicole wouldn't tell her. She might have been afraid her friend would side with OJ and they wouldn't be friends anymore...or that if Kardashian confronted OJ that'd be another beating :smh: .

But the fact that it occurred so many times, if you 2 as friends hanging out, youre going to see bruising and other evidence.

Last edited:
Then Johnny putting all that African stuff in OJ's house, making OJ into Jim Brown. :lol:

OJ was offended when he walked in. :lol:

Johnnie Cochran’s “******, please.”

Yep, this happened. All of it, with a handful of super-small changes in the dialogue. As Darden delivers his speech, Cochran sits back in a sprawling, unconcerned posture. When he finally speaks, he does so with the measured cadence of a Greek king. As Toobin recounts inThe Run of His Life, “When Cochran finally finished this peroration, he pushed to an even greater theatrical height, emotionally embracing Simpson and all the other lawyers at the defense table. Leaving at last . . . he had time only to whisper a brief word to Darden—the classic rebuke: ‘******, please . . .’ ”

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2016/03/people-vs-oj-simpson-episode-5-recap-fact-check
So when Cochran did it, it was even more grand and theatrical? :rofl:

It would've been too much to see him embrace his entire legal team and O.J. then say ***** please :lol:

Unless she was coked up the entire time and just didn't notice.

Best friends in that world aint the same thing as best friends in others :lol: :smh:

I feel like this is just gonna make me angry again like with How To Make A Murderer not the same tense excitement I get watching O.J.'s case.

Last edited:

Female best friends talk about everything. EVERYTHING...EVERYTHING. Even if it's unintentional, things slip out and details eventually follow...unless they weren't really as close as Kris makes them out to be.

That's all too convenient.
Was thinking the same thing.

Apparently this took place a few years ago, and it's just coming out now?

TMZ airs on Fox. FX is owned by Fox. Just saying.

Ironically, I saw the story this morning on the Fox morning news. Wondering if any other networks are actually picking this up or if this is just an attempt to fabricate a story to garner attention.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom