NT: The People v OJ / 30 for 30: OJ

Saw first episode last night and for some reason I got the crazy idea that
Kardashian either did it or helped him FTW

Nah...just a friend blinded by loyalty. If I remember correctly after the trial he said in so many words he came to the realization OJ did it.

I respect Kardashian for not bailing out or snitching on his best friend in the worst time of his life but after he won the trial he basically probably told OJ there friendship would be no more or ever the same.

I respect Kardashian for not bailing out or snitching on his best friend in the worst time of his life but after he won the trial he basically probably told OJ there friendship would be no more or ever the same.

Why did Kardashian stop his friendship with OJ after the trial?

Because the way he acted when he won?

Been through every page of this thread, and some very interesting stuff posted. I was 12-13 when all this went down so I only paid as much attention as the average 12-13 year old would. I vividly remember two days regarding the whole situation, the day they cut the finals (my pops was too heated, his exact words were "man, **** OJ.....ain't nobody trying to see his dumb *** right now!"), and the day of the verdict (I went to a pretty racially diverse school and the instant divide between races was beyond crazy that day). This show has shown a lot of the little details I was unaware of, and all the actors are absolutely killing their roles....Cochran delivering quite possibly the most necessary "***** please" in black history had me :rofl:.

The prosecution was blinded by their own arrogance and really underestimated the other critical factors surrounding that case....most importantly race and celebrity perception, no way in hell that many black ppl were going to convict OJ, and they definitely shouldn't have picked that many blacks for the jury panel. Marcia Clark represented a mindset that so many non blacks have towards the racial obstacles black people face on the regular, it's like some people think we're making the stuff up and the world really isn't like that for us. Gotta remember this is somewhat fresh off of the Rodney King situation, so even a whisper of police corruption to that jury was going to seal the deal pretty much.

Why did Kardashian stop his friendship with OJ after the trial?

Because the way he acted when he won?

I saw in some of the documentaries that were done, that Robert Kardashian seemed to believe, probably after OJ bombed that lie detector test, that OJ either committed the murders, or had something to do with them. As the verdict was read, the look of disbelief is very apparent on Kardashian's face. I believe the fact that he suspected OJ did it, is the reason why he kind of "disowned" OJ, and didn't want anything to do with him. I guess on his death bed, OJ tried to visit, or he called him. I can't remember which, but Kardashian either said he didn't want to see him, or didn't pick up the phone.

^or maybe kris was the one that denied oj access. they were still very close even when they split and she was with bruce.

Last edited:
We all knew OJ did it, kind of rooting for Johnnie to beat the system. That something we will never forget.

Oddly, your boy from Making a Murder is in jail for a murder he didn't commit. :lol:

The prosecution was blinded by their own arrogance and really underestimated the other critical factors surrounding that case....most importantly race and celebrity perception, no way in hell that many black ppl were going to convict OJ, and they definitely shouldn't have picked that many blacks for the jury panel. Marcia Clark represented a mindset that so many non blacks have towards the racial obstacles black people face on the regular, it's like some people think we're making the stuff up and the world really isn't like that for us. Gotta remember this is somewhat fresh off of the Rodney King situation, so even a whisper of police corruption to that jury was going to seal the deal pretty much.

QFT

Anyone have a link to the Dateline special that aired on Sunday?
nerd.gif
I know they have other showings on it I think it comes on tonight

....most importantly race and celebrity perception, no way in hell that many black ppl were going to convict OJ, and they definitely shouldn't have picked that many blacks for the jury panel. Marcia Clark represented a mindset that so many non blacks have towards the racial obstacles black people face on the regular, it's like some people think we're making the stuff up and the world really isn't like that for us.

ALL THIS! What's worse is that Darden tried to tell her and she didn't listen :smh:

Sucks that his appearance was what they really wanted from him not his knowledge

Back
Top Bottom