Originally Posted by Jsmilez

Heart of Darkness
Mrs. Dalloway
Much Ado About Nothing
Julius Caesar
Farewell To Arms

English major FTL/W
ohwell.gif

I have read 4 of those 5 books for my high school english classes. They were actually some of the better books we read. Heart of Darkness is pretty good

Heart of Darkness
Mrs. Dalloway
Much Ado About Nothing
Julius Caesar
Farewell To Arms

English major FTL/W
ohwell.gif
I hope that sad face isn't towards A Farewell to Arms. My favorite work from my favorite author.

This book fleshes out everything I love about the minimalist style. Echoes of Hemingway are apparent but the writing done in a strong, unique way that McCarthyjustifies the claims made of him by critics as being the best American author alive today.

After The Road I'll be reading

EDIT: The title of the book is Less Than Zero, in case it's difficult to see on the picture.

Originally Posted by Th3RealF0lkBlu3s

Heart of Darkness
Mrs. Dalloway
Much Ado About Nothing
Julius Caesar
Farewell To Arms

English major FTL/W
ohwell.gif
I hope that sad face isn't towards A Farewell to Arms. My favorite work from my favorite author.

This book fleshes out everything I love about the minimalist style. Echoes of Hemingway are apparent but the writing done in a strong, unique way that McCarthy justifies the claims made of him by critics as being the best American author alive today.

After The Road I'll be reading

EDIT: The title of the book is Less Than Zero, in case it's difficult to see on the picture.
Less Than Zero with RD Jr
smokin.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Th3RealF0lkBlu3s

Heart of Darkness
Mrs. Dalloway
Much Ado About Nothing
Julius Caesar
Farewell To Arms

English major FTL/W
ohwell.gif
The sad face is reading all those books in a week's time.

Hemingway is a great writer -- no doubt about that. Hills Like White Elephants and Snows of Kilimanjaro are the greatest short stories in American Literature. I'm not a fan, however.
tongue.gif

Hemingway is a great writer -- no doubt about that. Hills Like White Elephants and Snows of Kilimanjaro are the greatest short stories in American Literature. I'm not a fan, however.
tongue.gif

You hurt me in the most tender place
frown.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

English major FTL/W
ohwell.gif
I hardly ever have the time or energy to read for leisure during the semester.
grin.gif

Same here. I've had The Road on deck for a minute, but I have absolutely no time to even start it.

And I really don't enjoy Hemingway, either. Sorry, The3RealF0lkBlu3s. Read a ton of his stuff, but I don't like his style/

And I really don't enjoy Hemingway, either. Sorry, The3RealF0lkBlu3s. Read a ton of his stuff, but I don't like his style/

Haha, I understand, a lot of people are particular about writing and I wouldn't want it any other way.

I couldn't sleep last night so I ran through the last 50 pages of The Great Divorce. I'm probably the most untypical English major in the world. Theonly book I read this year was the book I had to read for my Theology class. (The Great Divorce) I'm getting back into reading though. Started up 1984 lastnight as well and I'm ready to go.

Originally Posted by northshore86

Act Like a Lady Think Like a Man...haha don't judge me..
Just read this the other day, lol. Your thoughts?

Edit: I just started Maya Angelou's The Heart of a Woman

in between a few books:
Team of Rivals: The Political Genius of Abraham Lincoln
The Kite Runner (recommended by a fellow NTer)
The Complete C.S. Lewis Signature Classic (it's 7 works in one book)

just read not too long ago:
Kindred
Diablerie: A Novel
both of these were recommended by superduperkya and i was surprised they were actually good
ohwell.gif

CallHimAR- all 3 of those books i've been waiting to get. think i'll order em now.

Back
Top Bottom