NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

Is Pumking already out??
Probably depends on your area. My store still have some from last year along with Warlock which is fantastic as well. Last time I was in there, it was gone or they relocated (I think they moved it) it and I didn't see it but he had quite a bit the last time I saw it.

Most likely going to stock up on Elysian Night Owl. Pumpking is a little too "imperial" for me. It's a good special event beer (dinner with the girl, fotoball sunday, etc). Night Owl can be had all the time for me.

DFH Pun'kin Ale is amazing as well. Dammit, I love fall beers.

Last edited:
Most likely going to stock up on Elysian Night Owl. Pumpking is a little too "imperial" for me. It's a good special event beer (dinner with the girl, fotoball sunday, etc). Night Owl can be had all the time for me.

DFH Pun'kin Ale is amazing as well. Dammit, I love fall beers.

agree; I don't love Pumking but saw it and was in the mood, I am not a fan of beers where the alcohol overpowers the taste and Pumking def does that

Night Owl is my #1 :pimp:

Happy hour at la cumbre is a bit crazy. I had to get out of there ahead

Started with a firkin Friday elevated Ipa dry hopped with j-17 ( or j34)

Super citrusy and grapefruit like. Maybe too much soo. Very unique but not a favorite.

Moved onto some malpais stout

Tasting as great as ever. I had to get a growler of that along with elevated. The fun begins in the safe confines of my home

It looks like Jai alai and the others will get their due later this weekend.

Last edited:
Can you find some of these random beers y'all drink at total wine?

Last edited:
Can you find some of these random beers y'all drink at total wine?

Don't know which "random" beers you're talking about, but yes.

Picked these bad boys up after work today. Gonna be a nice weekend :smokin

Extremely jelly on the Supplication and the Beatification.  

And this is coming from someone that's not the biggest sour fan in the world.

Beatification is the one RR brew that seems to always escape from my grasp. I think I've been able to find just about all the others I want to try.

I need more Russian River sours in my life.  I love the fact that they come in a portion size that I can actually tolerate.

Why is it that the hardest beer to drink a lot of (sours) generally come in bombers and 750s? 

Life's not fair, guys.

I got lucky on the Beatification. My local spot had all the RR sours on their shelves except Beatification. When I got to the register, I jokingly asked "where's the beatification?" and dude pulls it out from behind the counter :wow:. I've had Supplication and Consecration before but not Beatification. Decided to pass on the Temptation for cost reasons :lol:.

agree; I don't love Pumking but saw it and was in the mood, I am not a fan of beers where the alcohol overpowers the taste and Pumking def does that

Night Owl is my #1
pimp.gif
Oh, see I'm just the opposite. I think it's like pumpkin pie in a bottle. I hardly taste the alcohol in it and ice cold, I can drink them for a while. I usually put them in the freezer for a few, pour half and put the other half in the freezer. 

Have you tried Warlock? It's so good, too. (not my picture)

I LOOOOOOVE Warlock that is easily one of my all time favorite beers; I hope it returns this year because I'm buying a case of it.

I had a late night Jai Alai last night..

Citrus and tropical fruit (albeit not a sweet tropical smell.. more tart) dominates the nose.. Taste wise, the caramel malt dominates this brew, then that tart tropical fruit flavor comes though. I dont really see any hop bitterness here, so maybe im mistaking tartness with bitterness or vice versa.. The mouthfeel is very soft, somewhat dry, and highly drinkable.. When I checked abv and saw 7.5%, I was blown away. It drinks and feels like a 5% all away around.. The 70 IBU is undetectable. No astringent bitterness. Very smooth and clean. Definitely agree with the 95 BA score. No surprises here I guess. But I was happy to try it

Evil Twin Imperial Biscotti Break.

I was surprised how sweet it was upon the first sip. I thought I wasn't going to like it, but as I kept sipping and as it warmed, the chocolate, caramel, and coffee flavors were nice and the alcohol was subtle. The mouthfeel, thickness, and creaminess reminded me of an alcoholic chocolate/coffee/caramel milk shake. I will definitely be seeking this out again.

How does one rate a beer they know little about (style wise)?

Comparison Ford sent me a Westbrook Gose can. After some advice on drinking style/temp, I went with a standard goblet style glass served about 40 degrees... Ever since childhood, I have loved lemons and limes, and just about anything tart or a touch sour. So sour beers should have been my calling years ago. After some failed sour attempts, I grew away from the style all together. I'm back on it today.. This is probably my limit as far as the sour and funky and tartness goes. Very light and crisp, and tart, with that saltiness that I kinda like...

I got some fruit sweetness in the aftertaste vaguely, but overall, I like this. I may have served it too cold. But I liked it.

3df8554fecd48e1be7604dd070d5be0b_640x640.jpg

Im guessing I partially like it because its a 93 BA beer and others like it. Im guessing they're bad examples of this style too.

Ithaca Flower Power is next
Edit:
Flower power is up. Nice color. Not sure if the name plays on the beer itself or the region. But I do get a sense of floral hops. Taste wise, very crisp and dry mouthfeel. I taste floral hops that turn a bit tropical and some citrus notes. Nothing new here I guess. Ba score of 95 holds true for me.

Not a hop bomb at all. Or astringent. I like it. I like it a lot

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom