NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

Got some solid stuff in a trade just this past friday.

ANy of yall have Spellbound IPA, Carton 077xx, Nugget Nectar, or Hi Res? Some solid stuff here... Nugget Nectar seems about 2 months old, but is very good. Lives up to the hype.. Carton 077xx has this light citrus/grapefruit flavor that is just killer. Winner of the bunch. Spellbound was lacking a bit. Still a 90 BA IPA.. Hi res was just so near being over the top on its malt/sweetness level. It was never a true hop bomb or bitter bomb. But its boozefactor was real.

TW just got in AVBC Blood Orange Gose for a bit cheaper than the other place in town. I went all in :smh:.

Lots of brewery visits this past weekend. I hope to slow it down a bit :D

Pick ups for today! One of my friends gave me the chocolate rain as a birthday present.
@ComparisonFord I'm loving this hard root beer trend. I just had missions a few days ago and it is dangerous. It was 7.5 and so drinkable. Barely any detectable booze. I also never drink soda except for the rare root beer so I'm loving this stuff.

I'm almost thankful I can't get this in NY.  This would get me into SERIOUS trouble:
What do you think of that? My buddy's dad brews that in Wauconda out here. They just started bottling it. Before that, I went thru 5-6 kegs of it in my kegerator because that was the only way they sold it when it first came out. The only thing that sucks with that is it's only 5.8% (or there about). In the keg, it was always 10.8%. It get's sweet after so  many which is what was nice about the 10%. You make a root beer float with it?

They are actually releasing bombers of the 10% and they also brew that in 19.5% as well. 

In any case, that stuff is delicious but I only bought 1 6-pack because I'd rather drink it at 10% if I'm going to drink it.

Last edited:
salazaro44 salazaro44 you pick up that Or Xata at The Bruery or a local shop? I heard it's going to be widely distributed this year. Been wanting to try it.

salazaro44 salazaro44 you pick up that Or Xata at The Bruery or a local shop? I heard it's going to be widely distributed this year. Been wanting to try it.
Picked up at the bruery. I also heard it's getting wide distro. It'll probably start popping up this week or next week. It's been selling insanely fast at the tasting room.

Local Apple Brandy release tonight. Bomb! And Funky Gold Amarillo were on tap as well. Solid night.

Last edited:
Local Apple Brandy release tonight. Bomb! And Funky Gold Amarillo were on tap as well. Solid night.

Sick teku!

I was down in San Diego today and was browsing instagram towards the end of the night. Turns out stone liberty station had xocoveza for growler fills. Took a 2 liter fill home.

Anyone ever have Sixpoint Sweet Action? First try today (as a trade extra). Sweet up front. But on the backend it dries out and the flavors just never separate. Some flowery type of bittering hops. An odd one for sure.

I wasn't too sold on hi res either. Looking at their other beers, are people REALLY enjoying them as much as review scores show they are? Everything I have had from them is probably 1-3 BA points too high.

Just finished up a Troegs Cultivator Helles Bock. This beer is right to my liking. A near oktoberfest styling. Sorta bready all around from the smell to the taste. Nice malt sweetness near the backend. People online keep talking about hops this or hops that for this beer. This beer shines in the malt department.. HIGHLY underrated IMHO.

I passed on some La Cumbre Imperial Red Ryeot bombers this past Tuesday. I'm doing great as far as LESS "big beer" buys than small ones.

Root Beer beer is right up my alley. Can one of you (who would like some la cumbre father nelson next month) track some down in time for a trade?

^wanted to try sweet action when I was in Brooklyn back in October but didn't end up getting it...did have really fresh Bengali though and thought it was great

Props on getting some Tröegs

You can keep me in mind if you ever want more...plus I'm not too far from the source so I can access scratch beers that they bottle on occasion...only available in there general store

They just had a barrel aged Flying Mouflan, barley wine, which was only available in there general store...$12 a bottle though[emoji]128584[/emoji]

Last edited:
Had one bottle of mad elf leftover from before Xmas and just had it the other day mixed with dreamweaver...mad dreams

You can check it in on untapped too

Q9R0RHU.png

Anyone ever have Sixpoint Sweet Action? First try today (as a trade extra). Sweet up front. But on the backend it dries out and the flavors just never separate. Some flowery type of bittering hops. An odd one for sure.

Never had Sweet Action but have had Bengali, Resin and Hi-Res from them. I'd say Bengali was my fave out of the three.

Sipping on these tonight :D

My son's birthday was yesterday. Had friends/family over. I celebrated more than him.
Started with a Green Flash Soul Style IPA, then an AVBC Blood Orange Gose, then an 805, then 2 Sculpins, then a 2014 BCBCS and finished the night with another 805.
First time having that Gose. Interesting. A bit of a shock at first, but I actually really enjoyed it by about half way through.
And I've decided from now on to not sit on BCBCS. At all. Any I come across will be drank shorlty after purchase. I know it's been said in here, but I will agree, this beer does not need aging.

Can't wait for Parabola! This family run grocery store near my new job gets the Proprietor Series and it just sits. They still have 18th Anni and Sucaba.

The tour in Boston? I did that a couple years back. No real sightings of anything limited etc... The sampling/tasting room was nice. Self serve pitchers for each table. You pretty much need to go with others that dont drink lol

^I'm not a huge chocolate guy to begin with but I've been on a chocolate stout kick lately. That **** looks good.

Yeap.

Our guide was explaining that now they only basically brew for the city of Boston there (rest of the world gets it from PA and Ohio now apparently)

And it's also their test kitchen, the IPA and IPL might make it into production and it might not.

They also served us a IPA that didn't have a name yet in the tasting room.

I will admit, the stuff from up there and the bars and kegs taste Better then the stuff from jersey.

The chocolate bock is also only being sold there on a limited basis.

They started brewing out of state from day one. Their Boston brewery has held the spot for tours and the "test kitchen" for some time. Definitely worth checking out regardless. If you're still in Boston- do yourself a favor and check out Trillium.

Back
Top Bottom