NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

Bought this for the fight. I thought it was a really good beer.

I have mixed feelings about that fight. Anyway, forgot I had one of these hanging around.

What's there to be mixed about?

They fought & Floyd won.

Folks can get frustrated with Floyd's defense first style but the fact remains he threw more punches landing nearly twice as many as Manny while also landing ~20 more power punches.

He was superior in every facet, every statistical category. But media narratives will have people brainwashed.

Truth is Floyd is the greatest defensive boxer of all time. A top 5 overall boxer of all time.

Went to an annual Dogfish tapping last night.

All around great time. Highlights were easily 2013 120, 2010 Fort and Immort Ale. Plenty of other great choices. The wife was happy cause Noble Rot was in abundance.

Finished the night with some Saint Arnold BB8 and BB9.

I'm sure it's been discussed, but if anyone's up for trades I'm AMerrill on Untappd. Easy access to TX and MASS brew markets.

Last edited:
My homie and I celebrated our 30th birthdays, watched the fight, and had a dope bottle share on Saturday night.

What's good with sour beer?

Even farmhouse ales and saisons are an acquired taste.. Don't expect to buy the higehst rated sour and ENJOY it. It definitely has some elements that need some easing in to. Start with the basic.. Gose style. If you can't handle the salt and or slight funk, sours just may not be for you AT ALL.

Congrats on the milestone Trelvis Tha Thrilla. That's a hefty samplnig. I do assume you either had all day to do it between a couple, or went 5-6 people deep for a evening of fun.

I can make out a couple of those.. Any favorites or surprises?

Even farmhouse ales and saisons are an acquired taste.. Don't expect to buy the higehst rated sour and ENJOY it. It definitely has some elements that need some easing in to. Start with the basic.. Gose style. If you can't handle the salt and or slight funk, sours just may not be for you AT ALL.

Congrats on the milestone Trelvis Tha Thrilla. That's a hefty samplnig. I do assume you either had all day to do it between a couple, or went 5-6 people deep for a evening of fun.

I can make out a couple of those.. Any favorites or surprises?

Yeah, I hated sours at first but slowly got into them. The hoppy sours like New Belgium Le Terroir is what got me to switch over. Now I cant get enough.

We had 6 people and about 8 hours to kill all those bottles.

Not You Father's root beer is amazing if you like root beer. Ive had it before. I really liked the Nightshift Nebula. It was light but refreshing. Jester King Funk Metal and Ol Oi are always delicious. The de Garde is Saison Deuxieme which was great also. I was expecting more from the Upland Blueberry Lambic. Had zombie dust for the first time and it lived up to the hype. I would take that over Pliny any day.

Me and a couple friends do bottle shares once or twice a month. Ill let you know.

^ Repped! Would love to hitup CCB but it probably won't happen due to the hectic schedule and no car :smh:. Might just end up hitting up Total Wine and grabbing some beers to bring back home. We'll see though. Appreciate the info!

The Bruery (out of CA) makes some real good ones. That's where I started. They are a little pricey at ~$20 a bomber, but well worth it if you actually like them. 

Just an FYI, The Bruery doesn't sell "bombers".
For the size of their bottles, 750 ml, yes, they are expensive.

Originally Posted by getrichquik1987

What's good with sour beer?

My recommendation for sours is start out with more common styles, ie, Gose (Anderson Valley Blood Orange) or a Lambic (Lindemans Framboise is the gateway for a lot of people). Those are pretty unoffensive to most people.
Then venture to the Berliner Weisse (Hottenroth from The Bruery).
That's where I stop.
I'm not a fan of American Wild Ales (Supplication) or even Flanders reds (Duchesse). Those are too much for me.

Flanders red style is a sour? That is straight vinegar juice for me. I homebrew that crap on accident from either wild yeasts, bad sanitation, or fermentation that is too hot.

Taking a major hit right now. TW is having a big *** sale until the 17th. 10% off singles, including bombers. But more importantly $6 off purchase of four 4 or 6 packs. I'm fiending like a Crack head. Monumental type of hauling could be done.. Luckily, I mainly like IPAs and hoarding those is not too idea.. I did get some project danks and elevateds for a future trade 8)

Last edited:
A sour that you could probably find around your way is Boulevard Love Child No. 5. Its distributed to alot of places. Goose Island Juliet is another solid one.

The best sours you arent going to find on the shelf unless you live in a great beer market. My favorites are de Garde, Rare Barrel, Jester King, and Crooked Stave. Im level 40 for sour beers on Untapped lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom