NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

Alesmith IPA would be a staple if they didn't sit on shelves for months and months. Hope this helps fox that :pimp:

Here my small yet expensive haul :lol:

Can never have enough Gumball Head.

Then there was this stack of heaven!

Big bad baptist is severely underrated but given the state of craft beer it's not shocking at all.

110% agree. Sours have taken over and I'm fine with that. It makes it easier for me to get my hands on brews I truly enjoy. BBB sits in my local market. My wife and I just picked up a few bombers of 2014 a month ago at our local Whole Foods.

I don't have a preferred type or anything, but I had one of these while I was overseas once and it was great:

Lagunitas sucks is always a good easy go-to. Been wanting to try the Stone enjoy-by for a while and figured I'd get into the season with a cb can pumpkin ale.

CB brewing is very good how much that run you? I paid $7 if i remember correctly

Ive tried the last 2 batches of enjoy by's and me and my girl liked it. I gotta try this new batch

Anyone ever had beer by Navigation Brewery? They're about 5mins away from where i live and have yet to try it. Every time I drive by to pick something up they've closed

Picked up the 2015 Barrel-Aged Barleywine Ale from Sierra Nevada a couple weeks ago. Gonna cellar it while I build my taste buds up for this one. :D

Tried Blue Moon Belgian White last night. Not bad, a bit too 'wheat-y' for my liking but otherwise not bad at all. I also tried Hoegaarden which I liked a lot more. Nice flavor and easy to drink. I see myself buying more of it in the future. Think I'll try Namaste next.

My gf likes Goose Island 312... Srs. Check
It out. It's a start.

Do you know which 312? There's the Urban Wheat Ale and the Urban Pale Ale.

Last edited:
If anyone can get hands on Russian River (Pliny, Blind Pig, etc.) , i'd be willing to trade anything common to NC.

I've got 3 breweries in my neighborhood and can pick up *** Clown, Olde Hickory, Noda, Birdsong, D9, and a few others.

Last edited:
CB brewing is very good how much that run you? I paid $7 if i remember correctly

Ive tried the last 2 batches of enjoy by's and me and my girl liked it. I gotta try this new batch

Anyone ever had beer by Navigation Brewery? They're about 5mins away from where i live and have yet to try it. Every time I drive by to pick something up they've closed

Yeah the CBC beers usually run $7 a bottle and they're pretty good beers. I haven't run through a lot of them but they're Flagraiser IPA is pretty good. The Stone "enjoy by" was really good, I liked it a lot. Might pick up another bottle or two tonight but I should probably chill. My job is hosting a pizza and beer night out on our roof deck tomorrow and my boss is a big craft beer guy so they usually have a good mix of things.

Then on Sunday myself and about 3 or 4 other coworkers are invited to my bosses house for our fall beer tasting and some football. We did a summer beer tasting that was mostly IPAs with a few others mixed in. All in all its a lot of beer this weekend. I'm a personal trainer btw :lol:

drank a bomb recently, definitely lives up to it's name. was feeling kind of lit to be honest.

Nice little package came in today. It's gonna be a nice weekend :smokin

All the beer treehouse makes is just incredible. Let us know which of the 4 is your favorite. I think I would have to say green then lights on but they're all exceptional!

What the next step up from light lager as far as flavor goes? Not much of a beer drinker. Tried Sierra Nevada pale ale and hated it.

I saw some recommend the blue moon type. That's a solid sweeter recommendation. What didnt you like about SNPA? That's another type of beer that is recommended as a starter easy to find Pale Ale. Basically a beer with a bit more of a hop bite than a light lager but not as much as a IPA.

I would recommend a beer that touts itself as a Kolsch, Blonde Ale, Munich Helles Lager, or Hefeweizen. None too heavy on the hops. Are you a coffee drinker? Have you tried any stouts? We had a short discussion a few pages back on easy to find lighter stouts.

I would even say try a maltier beer like a sam adams boston lager, or new belgium fat tire (amber ale).

I did something sorta crazy yesterday. I posted this up on BA but needed to share here too. 8)
-------------
Photo series below. But to make a very long story short. Founders hit NM last week. I've been in love with FBS for a couple years now. So why not get a commercial keg of it.. We are about half way through and I got an itching for something sorta unique. Stone's Xocoveza came to mind.

I home brew, buy commercial kegs, own home brew kegs etc. So I got an itching to try something slightly different.

I basically served off 3 gallons of commercial kegged FBS into a 3 gallon home brew keg. Inside the keg, a hop sock/randall type effect of adjuncts.

~ 5 oz. coffee beans. 3 total parts. 1 part Pinon Hazelnut, 1 part Vanilla nut, 1 part Panama dark roast (aromatics for days)
- Recipe called for Pasilla chile peppers. Living in NM, you would think chile pepper varieties are everywhere. But they aren't. I went with ~ 1 Tbsp crushed red pepper.
- About 2 ounces raw Cacoa Nibs
- Two Cinnamon Sticks
-Spotted some french oak chips from a couple experiments back. Why not 2 ounces of that
-One freshly cracked nutmeg nut (red bottle photographed for reference)
- 2 vanilla beans
10wi9ex.jpg

ncczs1.jpg

wahwnq.jpg

----------------
It was tasting so great, I went a little too deep with the pours. Coffee and Beer is one crazy combo Ultimately the beer won.

I'm over Bomb! at this point. Have given it two tries and not been impressed either time. More for y'all. It's just about reached shelf turd status here in L.A. anyways.

Back
Top Bottom