NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

Originally Posted by adiosburritos

Originally Posted by Ghenges

Originally Posted by adiosburritos

beer noob 
laugh.gif

see how that works?

So do you swish it around in your mouth and spit it out?  I see wine "experts" do that I was wondering if beer "experts" do the same thing. 

no but beer is similar to wine where certain types should be drank at certain temperatures 
All my post was just to say that that's not the correct method was all. Just wanting to pass along some correct knowledge that I've picked up. I do swish the beer around in my mouth gently because then all your taste buds can pick up on all the flavors going on. And I don't go to "parties" either, I find what adiosburritos says to be true for the most part, unless you have a "beer elitist" party
tongue.gif

Some people are fine with their Heinies and Busch, but I drink for the flavor and experience of not only trying something new, but trying what beer actually tastes like, and not a "triple hops brewed, beachwood aged nascar loving, Jay-z endorsing gimmick. Not calling you any of those by any means Ghenges, just so we're clear. There once was a time when I drank Heineken and the such, but to drink those beers now it's like night and day. Hell, Sam Adams I thought used to be some real decent stuff, but now it can't hold a candle to some of these great microbreweries in the U.S.

My local beer of choice is Boulevard Wheat (w/ a lemon wedge)

Cheap stuff: Miller/Bud Light/Leinenkeugels

Then:Stella, blue moon (yes w/ an orange)

I'm not a much of a stout drinker, actually i hate the stuff
but give me an unfiltered wheat all day.

My local beer of choice is Boulevard Wheat (w/ a lemon wedge)

Cheap stuff: Miller/Bud Light/Leinenkeugels

Then:Stella, blue moon (yes w/ an orange)

I'm not a much of a stout drinker, actually i hate the stuff
but give me an unfiltered wheat all day.

It's early but Sam Adam's already has their Octoberfest out. Drinking this with 95 degree temps seem backwards, but it works for me..

A local brewery has a Scottish Red Ale @ 9%abv on tap.. Highly drinkable and very dangerous lol. With that said, not very hoppy, but had the malts and sweetness to carry you home. I need to find a commercial brewery who can match or top that taste... I had a Nimbus Monkey Brown beer which sat @ 10%abv awhile ago.. An English Brown style of beer apparently. Highly drinkable once again. Maybe my taste buds are acclimating to the high ABVs. Sunflower Market (regional grocery store) had their 6 packs on sale. I think I'm finding a true like for the Euro style dark high ABV brews.
--------

I have seen a lot of beers state serving temps around 45degrees F. My general rule of thumb on these types is to get them out of the fridge, and let them sit 5-10 minutes at room temp.. If they sit 30 minutes, I can throw them in a frosty Mug and the mug will raise the temp just a tad (beers getting warmer by sitting longer so the mug will balance that out).. Or go the frosty mug route right away and let it sit 25-30 minutes.  Most of the time, that's just too hard to watch one sit, so that is served ice cold, and finished by the time the the next one, which sat out previously, is ready at the proper temp.. It's not that serious.. A least for me.

Regarding beer snobs.. I have yet to come across one at local brewery tap rooms. These people love the variety and the taste of the brews. You also can't hate on the fact that the buzz comes much quicker drinking higher ABV beers. SO you have a true taste that they've found to enjoy, which gets them drunker faster... Winning combo. I've also been to beerfests where I saw almost none of what you think you'd see. I'm sure there are beer snobs out there, but they may get too much credit as being a segment in the beer scence

It's early but Sam Adam's already has their Octoberfest out. Drinking this with 95 degree temps seem backwards, but it works for me..

A local brewery has a Scottish Red Ale @ 9%abv on tap.. Highly drinkable and very dangerous lol. With that said, not very hoppy, but had the malts and sweetness to carry you home. I need to find a commercial brewery who can match or top that taste... I had a Nimbus Monkey Brown beer which sat @ 10%abv awhile ago.. An English Brown style of beer apparently. Highly drinkable once again. Maybe my taste buds are acclimating to the high ABVs. Sunflower Market (regional grocery store) had their 6 packs on sale. I think I'm finding a true like for the Euro style dark high ABV brews.
--------

I have seen a lot of beers state serving temps around 45degrees F. My general rule of thumb on these types is to get them out of the fridge, and let them sit 5-10 minutes at room temp.. If they sit 30 minutes, I can throw them in a frosty Mug and the mug will raise the temp just a tad (beers getting warmer by sitting longer so the mug will balance that out).. Or go the frosty mug route right away and let it sit 25-30 minutes.  Most of the time, that's just too hard to watch one sit, so that is served ice cold, and finished by the time the the next one, which sat out previously, is ready at the proper temp.. It's not that serious.. A least for me.

Regarding beer snobs.. I have yet to come across one at local brewery tap rooms. These people love the variety and the taste of the brews. You also can't hate on the fact that the buzz comes much quicker drinking higher ABV beers. SO you have a true taste that they've found to enjoy, which gets them drunker faster... Winning combo. I've also been to beerfests where I saw almost none of what you think you'd see. I'm sure there are beer snobs out there, but they may get too much credit as being a segment in the beer scence

Originally Posted by timbo109

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Originally Posted by proper english

i need to get my hands on these:
images

nerd.gif

Scooped one of these up on the way home from work.

PM me your info and I'll put some 22's in the mail.
I had one last night, wasn't really impressed by it.

proper english, where you located?  stone distributes to most states and ruinaton is available year-round.
i've had ruination, but again, i'm not a fan of double IPAs.  i love their regular IPA though.

speaking of IPAs, my second favorite IPA behind sculpin:

2chwcbp.jpg

eek.gif

Originally Posted by yeahitsRUST

^Good to hear. Because ive been dying to get my hands on the Pliny since everyone raves about it. I dig IPAs though.

BTW, did I see that Based Mod got banned? I dont know why but that sucks. He was always a solid poster in this thread.

awwwWWWW.....hugz!

Originally Posted by timbo109

images

nerd.gif

I had one last night, wasn't really impressed by it.

proper english, where you located?  stone distributes to most states and ruinaton is available year-round.
i've had ruination, but again, i'm not a fan of double IPAs.  i love their regular IPA though.

speaking of IPAs, my second favorite IPA behind sculpin:

2chwcbp.jpg

eek.gif

^Good to hear. Because ive been dying to get my hands on the Pliny since everyone raves about it. I dig IPAs though.

BTW, did I see that Based Mod got banned? I dont know why but that sucks. He was always a solid poster in this thread.

awwwWWWW.....hugz!

I been seeing alot of IPA's in this thread...I don't know how yall do it
I dont do IPA's they are too....air-ry?
laugh.gif
dont know how to explain it but I always been a stout/porter dude
but that doesn't mean if you hand me an IPA I'll toss it out....it just ain't my choice

I been seeing alot of IPA's in this thread...I don't know how yall do it
I dont do IPA's they are too....air-ry?
laugh.gif
dont know how to explain it but I always been a stout/porter dude
but that doesn't mean if you hand me an IPA I'll toss it out....it just ain't my choice

Scott, Based im in CA.. 
im gonna check out a few corner stores around the city this weekend.. im pretty sure i can find some in SF. 

Scott, Based im in CA.. 
im gonna check out a few corner stores around the city this weekend.. im pretty sure i can find some in SF. 

I used to be Miller Light and Cornoa man only; however, after some long talks w/ a friend I've been cutting back on the 'brown' bottles, lol. I've been drinking Dos Equis a lot recently, I really like them.

I used to be Miller Light and Cornoa man only; however, after some long talks w/ a friend I've been cutting back on the 'brown' bottles, lol. I've been drinking Dos Equis a lot recently, I really like them.

We should start a beer exchange program.

I support this. Ive wanted to try it on beer advocate but I dont want to get low quality stuff thats been sitting in a heat locker for months nor do I want my money squandered on something worse than what I could get locally. 
Scott Frost wrote:

images

nerd.gif

---Scott Frost, if you're willing to send me a couple I would be greatly indebted to you. Stone is one of my top brews. And I have yet to see anyone around my place that carries it.

I support this. Ive wanted to try it on beer advocate but I dont want to get low quality stuff thats been sitting in a heat locker for months nor do I want my money squandered on something worse than what I could get locally. 
Scott Frost wrote:

images

nerd.gif

---Scott Frost, if you're willing to send me a couple I would be greatly indebted to you. Stone is one of my top brews. And I have yet to see anyone around my place that carries it.

Based Mod wrote:

awwwWWWW.....hugz!

embarassed.gif

Send me some of that IPA you posted up! 
laugh.gif

Anyone in this thread interested in swapping some beers from there region with a fellow beer aficionado? If so hit me up. I'm back and forth between Atlanta, GA and New Orleans, LA all the time and wouldn't mind getting my hands on some of these beers you guys are drinking
pimp.gif

Anyone in this thread interested in swapping some beers from there region with a fellow beer aficionado? If so hit me up. I'm back and forth between Atlanta, GA and New Orleans, LA all the time and wouldn't mind getting my hands on some of these beers you guys are drinking
pimp.gif

Based Mod wrote:

awwwWWWW.....hugz!

embarassed.gif

Send me some of that IPA you posted up! 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by AMtothePM

THIS! I've done that on BeerAdvocate for years

im so down.

im from l.a. and if someone is down to send me a case of beer from their local brewery then i will send a case of king cobra.

and idk how some of you guys can drink IPA. i cant stand that suff too hoppy.

Originally Posted by AMtothePM

THIS! I've done that on BeerAdvocate for years

im so down.

im from l.a. and if someone is down to send me a case of beer from their local brewery then i will send a case of king cobra.

and idk how some of you guys can drink IPA. i cant stand that suff too hoppy.

Originally Posted by Vic Vega

anyone have magic hat #9? just got to the west coast. my buddy from MI tells me that its pretty good stuff.
I enjoy Magic Hat brews, and #9 is solid.  Actually been to the brewery a couple of times and the Magic Hat Mardi Gras festival in Burlington, VT.  Give it a try, sure you will like it.

We love our Magic Hat here; #9 is good stuff.  In fact, I only realized a while ago that MH isn't a Michigan brewer.

Originally Posted by Vic Vega

anyone have magic hat #9? just got to the west coast. my buddy from MI tells me that its pretty good stuff.
I enjoy Magic Hat brews, and #9 is solid.  Actually been to the brewery a couple of times and the Magic Hat Mardi Gras festival in Burlington, VT.  Give it a try, sure you will like it.

We love our Magic Hat here; #9 is good stuff.  In fact, I only realized a while ago that MH isn't a Michigan brewer.

Just had lunch at this local place called Lexington Avenue Brewery and I was surprised at how good it was. Their IPA and Summer Wheat beers were espically tasty. Only thing that sucks was having to go back to work after a nice lunch with great beer.

Just had lunch at this local place called Lexington Avenue Brewery and I was surprised at how good it was. Their IPA and Summer Wheat beers were espically tasty. Only thing that sucks was having to go back to work after a nice lunch with great beer.

Back
Top Bottom