NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

3 Floyds in town for a collab with Pizza Port. Zombie Dust will be mine :evil:

How far do you guys travel to try out a new "hot" brewery's beers?

Maybe 30 minutes. I go out hiking fairly frequently, so if there's a brewery out around that way, I'll stop in afterwards.

Last edited:
So the TW website said KBS was in stock. I show up today, they say they can't find it. Their inventory system has rarely let me down. My hunt is done with that one. I have to drink down about 10 '15 and '16s, so why am I trying to get this years?

I've already dealt with them trying to stop me from buying a case of high west coffee stout (when they said it wasnt in their system, I showed them that it in fact was on their website).

I looked all over the place. My hunt is done with that one lol.

Parabola is a whole other story. I need at least a bottle.

Mangudai, specifically for beer, hour tops. If I happen to be on a trip or some place, I may ask family if we can make a detour to "eat somewhere nice", or make a quick beer stop. Beers end game is all the same ( you shall end up drunk eventually), and by that 3rd specialty beer, your palate is totally messed up anyways. So the hunt is rarely worth it anymore. It was fun for a couple years but anymore, beer is just beer in its simplest form. With so many truly local options just minutes away, even trading has seen a steady decrease.

Last edited:
Hmmm...this one taste very crisp for a stout. Not as smooth as I expected it to be. Sort of like a bud light on a saturday morning crisp :lol:

Anyone on untappd?

^Nah, I'd prolly be on it if I didn't post here.

Something light for tonight.

Plan to start hitting up more breweries, especially in Miami.

@Chopper Yo have you had any of Civil Society's stuff?

Last edited:
Ouu nice...also seemed like OH and Trillium was brewing something based off of their twitter. But i couldnt find info if theres a release date

Haven't had a Parabola in a few years now.. going to keep a look out.

I usually go for new Stone bombers but this one wasn't very good..

In AZ for the weekend. Picked up a few crowlers of their Roosevelts double IPA and their Fernet about it saison that's a colab with prairie ales.

Looking forward to these. The terrapin is a new berliner weisse of theirs. Has tea and lemon peel in it. Beer on the far right is To 0l Gose to Hollywood.

Last edited:
Expensive haul today. Done for awhile.

No hassle no line for kbs. Beer store sitting on about 14 cases. I don't think they'll get anymore so I had to buy up a bit. Vertical sampling later today. 15/16/17. It's weird. All it takes is one person spreading the word and I think the kbs cache goes down to almost nothing in a weeks time. So buying up a bit is essential.

Waldo's is back. Only a week old. Impressive lagunitas.
G&t gose a new staple for my fridge.

Five out of five from tired hands, full of adjuncts but they dont come through, more like a slightly sweet stout

Sterk Wit, not a bad wit, enjoyable for what it is

Skadoosh simcoe version, this was solid, alchemist has gotten old to me but this was a nice treat

the smell on this one was crazy, lots of clean citrus and fruits, taste was nice and crisp as well, industrial arts makes some clean beers

Coffee Cart from monkish, was not let down as far as coffee flavor on this one, lots of rich coffee, smells like inside a starbucks

Orange starfish from aslin, not bad, not great, been getting some off flavors with recent aslin cans

Thudstaff from hoof hearted, this was interesting, some nice flavors and some bad ones as it changes temp., tastes like a chocolate covered banana stout at its best and a little stale at its worst

Vulgar display of flowers from equilibrium brewing, my first brew from them and they know what they are doing, all around great, reminds me of sand city power of one a little bit

kane port omna aged with coconuts, this smelled like dirt, one of the worst smelling beers for me, but the flavor was on point delicious coconut, might be the least artificial tasting coconut beers I have had

Stellar Parallax from aslin, the hops had a little burn on this one so I poured all green everything with it, great mix

Focal banger from alchemist, pretty boring compared to other stuff out

Double dry hopped hop showers, pretty weak, i think the regular version from last summer was way better

subterrenean rotation from other half to celebrate a bar in Brooklyns ann., a really great beer, lots of unique flavors and tang to it, full of flavor

double dry hopped southern hopalistic, wasnt getting much smell but the taste is sharp, nice bite to it

Crucial taunt cubed, triple dry hopped version, tasted similar to doppelganger with a unique finish

Sand city even mofo, was let down by this one, really lackluster

personal space from the veil, not great, tasted like a mixed vodka drink

B-bomb from fremont brewing, delicious winter ale, not for weak pallets, lots of heavy flavors that might be a little much for most

Malefactus from OEC brewing, damn near a wine but with beer aspects, i loved it, lots of smooth and deep fruit flavors

Guttersnipe from sand city, this was more like the sand city I have come to love, not as impressive as second wave and the one series but would buy again

Last edited:
How were the sand city brews MasterPlanMan? Mine just got in this afternoon looking forward to trying them tonight. Also picked up some cosmic debris by creature comforts.

How were the sand city brews MasterPlanMan? Mine just got in this afternoon looking forward to trying them tonight. Also picked up some cosmic debris by creature comforts.

woah. never seen or heard of that Cosmik Debris.

whered you pick it up from?

Petit Sour Blueberry is fantastic. I was worried I didn't like oak in beer after having white oak jai alai and hating it. I was told petit didn't have a strong flavor from the tannins so I went for it. The balance is perfect to me. Some people say they don't taste the oak at all. I have to try more Crooked sours now.

troublebound666 troublebound666 What CS beer would you recommend that's really sour?

Petit Sour Blueberry is fantastic. I was worried I didn't like oak in beer after having white oak jai alai and hating it. I was told petit didn't have a strong flavor from the tannins so I went for it. The balance is perfect to me. Some people say they don't taste the oak at all. I have to try more Crooked sours now.

troublebound666 troublebound666 What CS beer would you recommend that's really sour?

Not too sure which ones of theirs are being distro'ed around right now...but I'd say any of the Petite Sour series, Mama Bear's Cherry Pie, Motif and Progenitor are pretty sour. But you really can't go wrong with anything Crooked Stave makes. They're as solid and consistent as any brewery going. Love those dudes.

Back
Top Bottom