NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

wild-blue-blueberry-lager.jpg
one of my favorites. delicious.

Had a couple good brews in the past few weeks.

Duvel Belgian Golden Ale - Had this at Haven Gastropub in Orange. Just remember it being very fresh, nice head on it. Copped the gift pack cuz I loved it so much. 4/5

Firestone Union Jack IPA - delicious beer, I loved the balance, a little maltier and spicier for an IPA. Very smooth hops finish. 4/5

Bootlegger's Brewery Knuckle Sandwich - Fruity hops, could taste a little tropical fruit essence--very drinkable. Before I knew it I had polished off the whole bomber. 4/5

Left Coast Brewery Hop Juice - Very citrusy, kinda unbalanced but the further you get down the bottle the better it gets (obviously). 3/5

Stone Brewery Sublimely Self Righteous Ale - Apricot and typical Stone Spice. Not my favorite offering by them, kinda hard to finish, but it was good. 3.5/5

Firestone Double Jack Double IPA - by far my favorite beer. Union jack on steroids, hint of citrus finish, woodsy hops flavor, very smooth. I wanted another bomber after I had finished the first one. 5/5

You gentlemen sold me on a Delirium Noel so I have that chillin in my fridge waiting for the perfect time to pop it open.

Bottoms up :smokin

SN torpedo extra IPA, pretty bomb, but i'm more inclined to say their celebration ale is the best I've had from them, celebration is only a few shades better than the torpedo but both are pretty spot on.

Last edited:
picked these boys up today:

SN celebration and trader joe's vintage 2012 on deck.

Last edited:
No one picked up any Westvleteren XII yesterday?
I walked in to Total Wine last night around 6, asked about it, was told it sold out in 2 hours when they first opened, and I walked out.
The pack was going for $250 on craigslist by last night.

-J-

My go-to beer when I'm at bars:

My most recent discoveries (if you also like Blue Moon, give these a shot)

PranQster

Franziskaner

Last edited:
Not a big beer fan.

But being from New England, I'll drink me some Angry Orchard and Woodchucks tho.

No one picked up any Westvleteren XII yesterday?
I walked in to Total Wine last night around 6, asked about it, was told it sold out in 2 hours when they first opened, and I walked out.
The pack was going for $250 on craigslist by last night.

-J-

:wow: Wow. I couldn't see myself spending that much on beer. even if it was the best thing i've ever tried I would still cringe as I drank it knowing how much I spent on it.

Drank a 4pk of that Sierra Nevada Narwhale last night. Very solid. Not the best stout I've ever had but glad I saw it and picked it up. Just got paid yesterday so I'm going on a beer run tonight to check out a bunch of build your own sixers and some bombers of stuff that i've been wanting to try and snag.

Anyone tried that limited brew Santa Krunkles from Terrapin? Terrapin never disappoints but I can't seem to find the Krunkles anywhere...

Tried the Trader Joe's 2012 Vintage last week, thought that the 2011 was a little bit better (had a better assortment of flavors).

Also tried the Stone Brewing 2011 (on tap) and 2012 (bomber) a few days ago.

The 2011 tasted like a light dark ale, whereas the 2012 had a spicy (chili peppers), malty flavoring to it. Highly recommended, especially since the 2012 is the final in the series.

Lastly had the St. Bernardus Christmas Ale on tap recently, was one of the best Christmas ales I've had, lots of spices and VERY drinkable at 10% abv (not my photo).

Back
Top Bottom