NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

Karl Strauss did a 27th anni beer which was a BBA double chocolate stout @ 13% ABV. Got a GALLON of it on Friday for $21.

This weekend was bad (but delicious). Super drinkable and even my friends who generally detest beer enjoyed it.

Currently drinking. I liked this one, very solid.

No one has a problem that it's a high money capital firm that are buying these places up, or at least a stake? They are no longer those virgin 'brewing from a storage space' type of start ups. Every pint you buy isn't really helping a local company. You're "helping" Fireman investments, out of Boston, recoop their investment.

I don't know. I'm sketchy on the whole growth thing (at all costs). It's not AB INBEV, but it might as well be.

The way I read it. CC was capped at something like 55k barrels/year production. In order to grow in a quicker fashion and as the owner put it "hates bank loans", he sold his brewery to a privaty equity firm, and I'm hearing he's buying back in to Fireman Capital. They already own majority stakes in the larger Utah breweries, Oskar Blues, and I think one other. Sounds like they want to be able to brew any of their beers anywhere.. Cigar City beers brewed in Longmont, Colorado.. The future of craft. :smh:

But I guess if youre looking at it from strictly a beer perspective, OB has seen a 10x increase in their barrel program, a non stop production of ten fidy, and no apparent loss in quality, so on the beer side, it's a benefit.

Best organic beer that taste like coronas or budweiser ?
I'm picky about my food might as well stop drinking crap

Last edited:
Ice T, I only know a few beers in general that are designated "USDA Organic". Samuel Smith is one. But they tend to be more on the stout side. More often than not, the higher quality craft and import beers use higher quality grains/malts, and generally have a greater focus on flavor. So your focus should not be on organic per say.

Your cheap Bud type beers use large amounts of corn/rice (they call them adjunct lagers for a reason). They are basically cheap filler ingredients that add very little flavor or anything else to your beer. Many other imported lagers and pilsners may use a touch less corn/rice, and are of a higher flavor standard. So you could look there.

But I'm a bit lost on your comment. There are really no beers, organic or not, that come close to the very low flavor profile of a corona or bud. You would need to amp up your taste buds just a touch. I'd start with your imported lagers, say Spaten, Weihenstephaner, Paulaner, Pilsner Urquell Lagers, and move into what your area may have as far as locals. Key words on the lighter stylings include Pilsner, Lager, Czech Lager, Munich Helles Lager, Blonde Ale, Wheat Ale.. Hefeweizens move into a bigger emphasis on key flavors

Traded for the first time in a minute:

Drinking the Rhinegeist right now. It's pretty good. Nothing I would ever seek out, but a nice west coast-style IPA.  Probably gonna crack open a Roller Blabe after I eat dinner.

Man the beer store was a mess today. Tomorrows about to get down for some people it seems like. Who else has TWs around them? Distributors everywhere. Boxes everywhere. Control that inventory and get that stock on the floor in the early morning man. 2nd most popular place in town and at 4pm, it's a crap fest? I go there to save $4, but often leave so so mad.

Killians Irish red was hidden away. :smh:. My pops loves the "traditional" bunch of killians irish red, Harp, and smitwicks. He hates regular Guinness as do I. I like stouts but I just have never gotten down with Guinness either in cans with the little widget, or bottles or any other format. I do like their Foreign Extra with the yellow label.

Ended up walking away with some heavy damage. Got 4 more bombers of the now back to back National IPA Challenge winner bosque scale tipper, another four pack of FBS (it's crazy, One place in town sold out of FIS and the backwoods B but keeps getting new shipments of FBS (not really new. but allocations come this way). But I thought they were seasonals released in waves. This being the prior seasonal to both BWB and FIS. But I'm not complaining. Other places have the two new ones, but not FBS. It's odd for sure. Moral of the story. Don't have any regrets on multiple four or six pack purchases. You just never know... Also acquired- Another 4 pack of Elevated, and some Malpais Stout, a foreign extra stout, in which I'll be doing a Irish Beef Stout Stew tomorrow (I've done it with Guinness FES as well as Ten Fidy). Not sure which exact combo I'll be doing tomorrow.

What about yall?

CFord, you drinking OH All Green tomorrow?

Last edited:
Man the beer store was a mess today. Tomorrows about to get down for some people it seems like. Who else has TWs around them? Distributors everywhere. Boxes everywhere. Control that inventory and get that stock on the floor in the early morning man. 2nd most popular place in town and at 4pm, it's a crap fest? I go there to save $4, but often leave so so mad.

Killians Irish red was hidden away.
mean.gif
. My pops loves the "traditional" bunch of killians irish red, Harp, and smitwicks. He hates regular Guinness as do I. I like stouts but I just have never gotten down with Guinness either in cans with the little widget, or bottles or any other format. I do like their Foreign Extra with the yellow label.

Ended up walking away with some heavy damage. Got 4 more bombers of the now back to back National IPA Challenge winner bosque scale tipper, another four pack of FBS (it's crazy, One place in town sold out of FIS and the backwoods B but keeps getting new shipments of FBS (not really new. but allocations come this way). But I thought they were seasonals released in waves. This being the prior seasonal to both BWB and FIS. But I'm not complaining. Other places have the two new ones, but not FBS. It's odd for sure. Moral of the story. Don't have any regrets on multiple four or six pack purchases. You just never know... Also acquired- Another 4 pack of Elevated, and some Malpais Stout, a foreign extra stout, in which I'll be doing a Irish Beef Stout Stew tomorrow (I've done it with Guinness FES as well as Ten Fidy). Not sure which exact combo I'll be doing tomorrow.

What about yall?

I was planning on saving one, but temptation got the best of me. 
laugh.gif

However, these should hold me over:

Pretty ridiculous.

Killians Irish red was hidden away. :smh: . My pops loves the "traditional" bunch of killians irish red, Harp, and smitwicks. He hates regular Guinness as do I. I like stouts but I just have never gotten down with Guinness either in cans with the little widget, or bottles or any other format. I do like their Foreign Extra with the yellow label.

What about yall?

I was planning on saving one, but temptation got the best of me. :lol:

Pretty ridiculous.

That's the murkiest beer I've ever seen

Killians Irish red was hidden away.
mean.gif
. My pops loves the "traditional" bunch of killians irish red, Harp, and smitwicks. He hates regular Guinness as do I. I like stouts but I just have never gotten down with Guinness either in cans with the little widget, or bottles or any other format. I do like their Foreign Extra with the yellow label.

What about yall?

I was planning on saving one, but temptation got the best of me. 
laugh.gif

Pretty ridiculous.

That's the murkiest beer I've ever seen
That's not even the murkiest beer they make.  It seems like every IPA they make has an appearance somewhere between yeast-starter and mud. 
laugh.gif
  This is probably their murkiest:

dont mind the snapchat text haha went to check out Night Shift brewing earlier tonight and had to grab these 2 4pk before leaving. Located in Everett, MA

Just turned 21, i'm just trying to get drunk.

I tried fat tire, and just bought a 20 pack of budweiser. I'm not ready for this thread

Last edited:
Traded for the first time in a minute:

Drinking the Rhinegeist right now. It's pretty good. Nothing I would ever seek out, but a nice west coast-style IPA.  Probably gonna crack open a Roller Blabe after I eat dinner.

Nice haulf CF! I got some Roller Blabe coming in later this week :smokin

Back
Top Bottom