NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

Man, this is a solid stout. It's a tad sweet which I really enjoy. Gonna have to get more. Good recommendation by one of my local spots.

Welp walked into one place for one thing for a birthday party. Got a couple. Walked into another, way too much kbs available to atleast get another 4 pack. Someone's gonna have a hell of a party if I take just a 1/4 of this. With a friend giving me a $50 and the liberty to buy whatever, I went a bit crazy.

Fbs at $8 will forever be bought. Kbs cases just sitting there. No limit. Today could've been disastrous. Spotted a local favorite. Usually it's not out until may. Will give green cans their fair shot. Ob beerito Mexican style lager will be given a full 6 pack try. Had some coupons for elevated. Bargain. Avbc Bo gose too sessionable. With a good 3-4 month break, I'm enjoying every minute of this. Restock on Fbs and dos equis. Founders taking center stage with my haul. Their smash ale will get its due. This sure beats dropping $5/draft pint or more. But that's just me.

Last edited:
^Youve been on a roll, man. ****. :lol:
There is a plethora of FBS around here for $8.99. I keep passing because there is quiet a bit.

I bought 3 different stouts today and all 3 were fantastic to be honest. The others two are below. I bought 4 singles and a bomber today. The most I've bought in one haul in a long time & it's really not a lot. I wish I knew how to explain what beers tastes like, like some of you all can but these two are fantastic. Maybe it's the hint of sweetness is what I'm diggin.

Mangudai954, I feel I get into these spurts where I crave hops, or crave cofee, or crave the really sweet stouts. I can't box myself in anymore. So many great choices out there.

Meyer23, Sourness could be a sign of some sort of infection or extra fermentation type stuff. I had a coffee porter that I aged in my fridge for about 6 months and that thing was borderly thin and had a sense of tartness to it. Unusual for sure. UT and BA ratings were well above what I put mine at.

--------
Three down.

Beerito is basically a more expensive Negro Modelo or Dos Equis Amber..I feel burned spending $9 on a six pack of 4% beer that isn't exactly unique

SF Freestyle Pilsners (green can). Another $9/six 5.5% german pils. I would rather honestly spend a bit more for the imported Weihenstephaner, or go with Pilsner Urquells czech pils. Even Bitburger is a classic. Drinking local for local sake gets old when some stuff just isnt worth the dough. They're refreshing but ultimately overpriced given what you are getting.

Mosaic Promise has this unique onionish type dankness that I am used to out of a few local brews. On an aroma front, WORLD CLASS... But as it comes down to it, at 5.5% and sitting less like a pale ale, and more like a hoppy golden ale, the mouth feel and body feels quite thin. I will say the session aspect is alive here though. IBUs bring a sense of thrist. Love the hop though. I may need another sixer.

For the most part meyer23, I have to get out of the bomber game. That was getting ridicilous. I'm missing on some local gems. But there is definite value in the realm of six/four packs

Last edited:
Hop slam along with nugget nectar used to be those seasonal hyped releases. Usually based on freshness and quantities provided. Their namesake carries over but I don't think newcomers care so much anymore. They used to be hard to find and sought after and extremely fresh. Now it just seems many local brews can come just as close.

FyI. I should not be as sober as I am. I think I found a recipe for success tonight. Craft pilsners and craft lagers combined with some fbs. No ipas. Seriously ipas put me to sleep. Weird night tonight. I have heard of people putting hops in their sleeping herb pillows. I may be onto something.

Seeing all the Parabola in April always makes me jealous. It won't hit shelves in Texas for at least another month and when it does there's usually people waiting at the shops for the distrobution trucks.

^^ Same here. It's one of those releases where people will follow the truck store to store.

Wally, that beer was infected I think. The dude I got it from said he was getting complaints it was and he said he had one and it was infected. Or maybe I should take a statement outta Goose Island's book and say it wasn't infected, just not up to their standards 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Had to get up and get in line for this one this morning.

Exclusive collab between Casey Brewing & Blending (the most sought-after brewery in Colorado and one of the top in the world) and Mile High Wine & Spirits in Lakewood, Co.

Blackberry Honey aka Casey East Bank honey ale refermented in oak with a pound of blackberries added per gallon...only a handful of cases made. Only available at Mile High, which is only a couple blocks from my house.

Also picked up a rare bottle of Casey X Roaring Fork Brett Loves Citra (100% Brett fermented hoppy farmhouse ale)...#whalezbro

Last edited:
Get out there and vote in the primaries if they haven't already happened in your state

Last edited:
Mikerphone is up and coming. Mark my words. The have a stout only gig called Hubbards Cave I posted a few back. This place is gonna be hot.

Back
Top Bottom