NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

Y'all had me wanting to try this since last winter.

It's delicious :nthat:

Sipping on this tonight. Thinner than I expected considering reg Ten Fidy is like a milkshake haha. Definitely getting some heat in this one.

Last edited:
i always liked the barley wine more than the bcbs
i think i may still have three bottles from my four pack of the barley wine from 2014

i called the wholesaler in my area that handles inbev to see if they were getting any variants

they said they're not getting anything because goose island had to short a lot of places...anyone know if there's any particular reason for this?

oh well, if i go somewhere that has something on draft i may get it

I heard the "shortage" is due to signs of infection on some of the barrels and the whole infection problem last year has them being careful

Before I could ask here, I had to react and buy. I saw Firestone XX just sitting there on a side display with other FW stuff. With just 3 left, and what is likely a 1 case display floor drop (thats all they got), I had to get two. :smh:

Is Firestone XX worth the price of admission?

Just dropped $23/bomber :x Luckily with some TW coupons, they pretty much dropped down to $20. Any beer with even a small % of Parabola is worth its weight, so I am optimistic as hell.

Local shop just released their BF extravaganza list
Limit 1 bottle per customer unless otherwise stated.

Goose Island Bourbon County Brand Stout 2016 (Limit 2)
BCBS 2015
BCBS 2014
BCBS 2013 (Limit 2)

Goose Island Bourbon County Brand Barleywine 2016
BCBW 2013 (Limit 2)

Goose Island Bourbon County Coffee Stout 2013 (Limit 2)
Goose Island Bourbon County Regal Rye 2015
Goose Island Bourbon County Backyard Rye 2013

North Coast Cellar Reserve Series

Old Rasputin XIX Bourbon Whiskey
Old Rasputin XVIII Wheat Whiskey
Old Rasputin XVIII Rye Whiskey
Old Rasputin XVII Bourbon Whiskey

Old Stock 2014 Wheat Whiskey
Old Stock 2014 Rye Whiskey
Old Stock 2013 Bourbon Whiskey

Bosque Scotia Limited 2014
Santa Fe Sour Porter
Founders Lizard of Koz (Limit 2)
Firestone Walker XX
Firestone Walker Barrelworks Agrestic
Blackberry Farm Brewery Brett Red Wine Barrel (GABF Silver Medal!)
Deschutes Dissident 2016
Deschutes Collage #1 2012
Moylan\'s Bourbon Barrel Imperial Stout 2013
Black Diamond Bourbon Barrel Peak XV Imperial Porter 2014
Green Flash Silva Stout 2015
Posted in Spoiler.. Of course the GI BCBS is the star of the show. I am sad to see a higher limit on their 2013 cache than anything else. Who was sitting on old COFFEE STOUT? I felt a huge difference even after just 6 months, let alone 3 years.

Which leads to my question. Do you think BCBCS '13 is worth it? With no prices listed, I would hope to see them no higher than $8 in the 12 oz. format. I may hold to my first impressions and strictly get this years BCS, and try for a '14 and '13 pending the price. Other than FW XX, I am seeing them lump it all together.. That's one way to over price and sell old product.

Last edited:
Which leads to my question. Do you think BCBCS '13 is worth it? With no prices listed, I would hope to see them no higher than $8 in the 12 oz. format. I may hold to my first impressions and strictly get this years BCS, and try for a '14 and '13 pending the price. Other than FW XX, I am seeing them lump it all together.. That's one way to over price and sell old product.

I don't think it is. I had a 2014 about 6 months ago and the coffee definitely faded. My guess is they'll be charging $15-20 for it.

Today's pre-Thanksgiving haul :smokin

A place by me is doing a pretty awesome release on Black Friday:

Missed out on Rare last year, so I'll definitely be hitting this up.  Wouldn't mind the coffee mug and coffee bags either. 
roll.gif

Drinking a Weyerbacher Sunday Mole Stout right now.  Really enjoying this.  Definitely reminiscent of Sunday Morning Stout in the coffee flavor and sweetness (this one isn't barrel-aged), but has a nice vanilla note with enough spice to accentuate things without overpowering anything.  

Last edited:
What will it take for more parabola? When does that release? We just got FW beers and I sort of wasnt expecting XX ( I saw some of the others). I love that one so much, thats really all I initially tasted out of FW XX. It's complex and refined as hell, but beyond 3-4 key flavors, I'm lost in that 40% blend of parabola. Is it worth $20? Very very hard to say. A true retail of $23? No not really. Even if I rate it 5/5. I'm drinking one now, and sitting on the other for another.

Its an odd mix of greatness without a true needness (yes I made that word up)

Was going to pick up another case of Xoco at nearest bevmo that had them in stock but they sold out quicker than expected.

Back
Top Bottom