NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

In FL this week. Quick pit stop at Funky Buddha. Looking forward to that barrell aged sour on the right. J.wakefield has two stouts and a barley wine I'm picking up this weekend as well.
you only picked up stuff?

it's a pretty cool hangout spot.. went there earlier this year.. the food is pretty good too

you only picked up stuff?

it's a pretty cool hangout spot.. went there earlier this year.. the food is pretty good too

I had my wife and mother in law in the car so I had rush. I'm staying 10 min away so I'm definitely heading back within the week. I liked the vibe in there.

A few the past week

Yesterday's pickup...one 4-pack of which is up for trade.

Like Voltron, Colorado's best hazy IPA brewers (Odd13, WeldWerks, Cerebral & Fiction) collab'ed again to brew Robot Librarian for a second batch. Mosaic, Citra, El Dorado & Galaxy made it a serious juice bomb.

Can release at each brewery with kegs on tap (no crowler fills) and no distribution. Had a pour at Cerebral and it was as incredible as expected.

Looking to trade one of my 4-packs for some Tired Hands, Other Half, Interboro (esp. Stay Gold), Trillium or Monkish. See how we do haze in Colorado...let's trade!

Attachments

• 20170715_135600~2.jpg
    20170715_135600~2.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20170715_140926_986.jpg
    IMG_20170715_140926_986.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Stopped by j.wakefield and picked up two of their stout offerings and a couple of their IPA's.

Attachments

• IMG_0933.JPG
    IMG_0933.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 7
IMG_0943.JPG
IMG_0939.JPG
IMG_0935.JPG
Bearded iris ever clever and zig zag tonight. Sipping the voodoo woman from J.wakefield now and it's pretty impressive. I prefer rum over whiskey to drink so I appreciate a bit more. The coconut is upfront and the almond is on the back end.

Last edited:
Anyone else tired of IPAs?

Sometimes it's just TOO much flavor.

My preference leans towards unfiltered farmhouse ales of lagers these days.

First post on the new site. NT looking a lot more like BeerAdvocate these days haha.

Anywho...two new ones for ya:

unnamed.jpg

Other Half True Green. 7.9% Imperial IPA brewed with Citra, Mandarina Bavaria, Kohatu, and Motueka. Not too shabby. Getting notes of lime and pineapple in this one. The only detractor is that it has somewhat of a vegetal note that I find off-putting in conjunction with the other flavors. It's a good beer, but it was released alongside DDH All Citra Everything and Cheddar Broccoli which put it in the third-place spot.

unnamed-1.jpg

Other Half x Siren Berries. 12% Imperial "Vanilla Bourbon Milkshake" Stout brewed with strawberries. Having been somewhat let down by previous Other Half stouts, I can confidently say this one bucked the trend. Tastes like a bourbon-soaked strawberry dipped in chocolate and topped with cream. All of the flavors are there and they're proportioned perfectly. Little to no booze with a creamy mouthfeel. Honestly the best stout I've had all year. Hoping there are still bottles left over next week. This is a beer worth maxing out on.

Might as well post what I've drank the last couple of days on the new site..
Monkish Soul Foudre
Biere de Garde with cherries
IMG_3988.JPG

Monkish Funk Juggling Blend #3
Farmhouse Ale
IMG_3986.JPG

Bottle Logic BA
DIPA - Konami Code Series - Amarillo, Mosaic, Simcoe, Citra and El Dorado
IMG_3980.JPG

This new site is weird. Or maybe I'm just old.

Forgot one...
IMG_3994.JPG

Last edited:
^ I hear ya. Still trying to get use to the new format.

Anyways, I might as well post what i've had these past few days. Been on a Fieldwork kick as of late.

FW Pulp. About 2 weeks old now and drinking a lot better than when I initially had it.
IMG_3541.JPG

FW In Bloom IPA. Citrus and dank notes throughout. Solid IPA.
IMG_3542.JPG

FW Galaxy Juice IPA single hopped with galaxy hops. Pineapple for days! Nice chewy mouthfeel. One of my favorites from them.
IMG_3496.JPG

Gattsu Pozu Double IPA (collab with Coedo) brewed with Hinoki wood and Okinawan amami pink sugar. Wasn't feeling the oakiness and sweetness one bit. I can see this working really well as a sake though.
IMG_3544.JPG

FW Eastside Motel DIPA brewed with citra and blanc hops. Wow, this probably edges out Pulp as my favorite FW beer. Super tropical and juicy with that nice creamy mouthfeel. Wish I stocked up on this!
IMG_3549.JPG

Treehouse opened it's new facility in Sturbridge w/ a silent opening Saturday and release yesterday

read about in on BA and it sounds like a bit of a crap show but they're yielding 1000+ cases out of large batches now

looks great from what i've seen in pics

currently only doing releases at new location, no growlers or pours currently

Had to work this morning, so I couldn't go to Other Half for the release of their collab with The Veil. Fortunately it seems like the initial impressions are lukewarm. I'm also lucky enough to be training a girl at work that's pretty chill, so when there was some downtime today I sent her out to run me some errands. Here's what she came back with:

unnamed.jpg

New batch of Washed Up from Sand City. Just as good as the previous batch I had. Big orange/tangerine citrus notes balanced out with some grassy/pine characteristic. One of Sand City's better beers. Excellent stuff.

unnamed-1.jpg

Sand City Stranded. 4.9% session IPA with Simcoe, Equinox, and Mosaic. This one is...not as good. The Equinox is very much at the forefront of this beer. Very grassy/peppery. Also picking up a bit of diacetyl on the nose and taste. Glad I only bought a 4-pack of this. Probably gonna give the rest of these to my roommate.

unnamed-2.jpg

Grimm x Barrier Power Source. 8% Imperial IPA brewed with Mosaic and mangoes. This one is the ticket right here. I was skeptical about how well Mosaic and mango would work together but the flavors play off of one another incredibly well. Mango IPAs tend to either be really good or really bad; fortunately this one is the former. Really enjoying this at the current moment.

Happy Saturday, NT!

Been on a sort of low key abv beer ride lately ramping up for a NE trip coming soon. I read an article about Hamm's being the "best" of the macro lagers. I gave it a go. I now consider it my no hangover beer. We had a pretty big family outing last weekend, which tends to be 3 days of boozing. People and friends thought I was sick or something drinking ML and Hamm's. I felt perfect the next mornings after, even after consuming many. Anymore, there is just too much sweetness in craft beer, that I dont feel I want more than 1-2. I'm reverting back to college days I guess. The hops or sweetness, I just dont know. My stomach doesnt agree a lot of times.

Treehouse opened it's new facility in Sturbridge w/ a silent opening Saturday and release yesterday

read about in on BA and it sounds like a bit of a crap show but they're yielding 1000+ cases out of large batches now

looks great from what i've seen in pics

currently only doing releases at new location, no growlers or pours currently

Comparison Ford Comparison Ford
I know we were talking via PM but this is too funny not to share.

What did I get my family member into. I told them yeah "just show up on a Saturday and get me some cans". That was small town small minded of me. I even told them "just drive by. Maybe no one is there". They have a darn parking attendant lol.

This is crazy. I have some family who will be in the area on a Saturday. I did some digging and they stop canning on a Friday and whatever is left over from the week, gets sold.. Well Saturday came and went and they were out of cans. Pours only.. So pours are still happening. I'll be there on a Sunday. Not open.

Their biggest push was on Thursday of this week with about 1,000 misc. cases of various IPAs. They were all but gone by Friday evening. Friday had another release. SO even more than 1,000 cases. And people aren't getting anything more than just 3-9 cans of each. This is hype to a whole new level and I'm throwing family to the wolves here. Maybe next week will be different. Its sad though. The 9-5 weekends off family man is totally screwed by the college aged free lance beer drinker. I havent even started my trip and I'm already turned off by the lines.

Convincing family to not hang out with friends on a wedding day and go wait in line on a Friday is just crazy talk. But hype forces your mind to think of the possibilities even for a second. Totally selfish behavior. This is not what I got into when the brewing explosion happened around 2010. We were brewery crawling from place to place with no real set idea of what we were doing but enjoying the ride (with no lines, mind you). Simpler times I guess

^hopefully there will be an equilibrium as time goes by w/ TH

it's also summer so there's more out of towners than there will be year round

Decided to post on here before trying on BA. Giving this trading stuff one last shot, anyone interested in For Trade: Jester King Atrial and I'm In Search Of: Treehouse or Other Half IPAs?

IMG_1001.JPG
Happy these two are back. Scofflaw basement IPA and creature comforts automatic pale ale. Automatic is probably my favorite beer from creature comforts, over tropicalia. Also picked up a Zhukov from cigar city.

Most of my pick ups in the past two weeks:

20170712_122720.jpg

I like Joker's dry cider but this one(pineapple) was way too sweet. The Frederick was very good. I noticed some people mentioning the malt in their reviews, I didn't really get much of it when I tried it.

20170713_184044.jpg

Really enjoyed these Mikkellers. I'd like to try some more hoppy pilsners.

20170719_180124~2.jpg

Was very disappointed with this one. I wanted more of a hop bill. For me it was way too sweet, even with the fact that it has added fruit juice. I'd almost say it drank like a fruity APA but with a higher abv.

20170724_092910.jpg

Modern Times is back in Florida(temporarily of course) :pimp: :pimp:

20170724_100654~2.jpg

I gotta say, I was really impressed with All Day. A 19.2 oz can for $1.99 too? I suspect I'll be buying more of this in the future. The Tropical Fruit gose was very good. I enjoyed the balanced by the coriander. It complimented, without getting in the way.

Last edited:
Forgot I had this, bought two when they came out. One to age and one to taste initially. When I tried it initially it had strong flavors of cherry and malt. Definitely needed aging as the alcohol flavor was overpowering everything else. Debating if I should just drink it now or keep it stashed for a bit longer.
TapIt.jpg

I hear Interboro is releasing a DDH variant of Stay Gold tomorrow. Any New Yorkers heading out to pick some up?

And anyone interested in trading a 4-pack of Odd13/WeldWerks/Fiction/Cerebral Robot Librarian (amazing hazy NE-style IPA from Colorado's best brewers of the style) for a 4-pack of it? Hit me up.

Seen an oktoberfest beer around way...are you guys seeing this already or is it way too early for this kind of seasonal...?

20170728_172529~2.jpg

Can't wait. Has anyone had a Grisette before?

I've had a couple from local breweries here in CO and Sly Fox out of PA too. Very similar to a saison...saisons were originally farmhand's beers where grisettes were considered miner's beers.

This reminds me that I have a grisette from Green Bench in my fridge. Had it for awhile, so I'll have to finally break it out tonight.

Back
Top Bottom