NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

If i can't grab all 4 its fine with me. My first time out here in brooklyn so why not. Ill keep that in mind. Ive also come across LIC project too when I was looking up breweries in NY, im not a fan of sours but how would you rate their sours or ales?
My experience with their sours is limited. I have a trade buddy who threw a bottle of Fervent and their Key Lime Berliner my way. I still have the Fervent, but the Key Lime Berliner was not up my alley. The "sour" component was akin to stomach acid (to me, at least). Really didn't enjoy the flavors I was getting off of it and ended up pouring most of the bottle down the drain. It was quite the letdown when you consider that Westbrook Key Lime Pie Gose is one of my favorite sour beers.

Their IPAs, on the other hand, are great. Tomorrow they're releasing Party Crasher as well as two new beers. One is a Citra+Galaxy double IPA that they describe as "straight juice" and the other is a ramped up version of the collab they did with Sand City called The Full Monty, which was one of the better IPAs I've had this year. Considering that I've had 3 out of the 4 Other Half beers, the choice is simple for me.

If you really wanted to, it's totally feasible to hit up both releases. LIC opens at 12. You could very easily go to Other Half at open then head over to LIC to grab cans.

I've taught my older brother well, apparently. He took the trek from Philly up to Tree House today with his girlfriend to help him mule some cans. He told me he went back to his hotel room to change clothes and take off his glasses so he could get back in line to buy more cans :rofl::

unnamed.jpg

most likely not necessary with how many ppl they have checking customers out and how many customers they see over the course of the day

If you're tall or fat, I think they notice. Now if you have a beard and stand about 5-10, I think you could get unlimited sets of beer as you'd look like 90% of everyone else.

Has TH settled down at all I wonder? I gotta get out there during non summer months

Are they still using the monson facility. Noticed the cans still say monson.

23F2B4D7-26F6-4E6D-9E79-8928039973DD.JPG
IMG_1171.JPG
A13278B0-D8E7-4806-8CFB-1214664AC592.JPG
Went to Tennessee and visited bearded iris yesterday. They are putting out some quality stuff. Also visited southern grist. They had a pineapple upside down cake IPA that was tasty.

Would you guys trade Other Half for Tree House? My buddy has a few cans of TH i have OH. Funny thing is I live in MA but never got a chance to hit up TH since the drive is a bit far and im usually busy

That really depends on the beers in question. I wouldn't trade Double Citra Daydream for Bright or Eureka, but I wouldn't trade Green or Alter Ego for DDH Cheddar or Space Diamonds either.

I have cream get the honey, space diamonds, Daydream on Green, and baby diamonds.

He has that's what she said, lights on, 39, 32, Julius and doppelganger.

mainly interested in Julius and doppelganger however

Ask him what the date on the Julius cans are. I heard the 08/24 batch is off, whereas the 08/18 batch is supposed to be great. Lights On and the Curiosity series is also pretty great.

I have cans of Doppelganger that should be from the same batch you're looking to trade for. They're fine, but nothing to write home about.

Overall you'd be getting the better end of the deal if you made the trade.

Coworker came through big time! With fantasy football drafts coming up and nursing a partially torn ACL, these will come in handy haha.

IMG_3775.JPG

are there any beer clubs out there? like a monthly sample service?

I've only recently started drinking beers, I've just been trying random stuff, so far my favorite is Karbach Staycation, i'm not sure what kind of beer it its or none of that. They just built a brewery near me called Spindletap about a year ago, i'm thinking about going on a tour for my b-day next month.

I had a sample box of Stones, the ruination double ipa 2.0 was a doozy

Last edited:
Ask him what the date on the Julius cans are. I heard the 08/24 batch is off, whereas the 08/18 batch is supposed to be great. Lights On and the Curiosity series is also pretty great.

I have cans of Doppelganger that should be from the same batch you're looking to trade for. They're fine, but nothing to write home about.

Overall you'd be getting the better end of the deal if you made the trade.
He didn't go through with my offer lol i was hoping he would!

Sippin on this tonight!
IMG_20170831_200149_354.jpg

Pretty much grabbed the 4 releases from last saturday during my stay in brooklyn.
IMG_20170827_221127_659.jpg

After my Colorado trip came home with this.
20170831_174656.jpg

Have to say Fate was probably one of my favs from the trip, they didn't have any cans that I wanted to take. But great food, some awesome beers that had tea infusions. Would recommend trying if your in the Boulder area.

IMG_1201.PNG
Georgia just lifted their law prohibiting breweries to sell beer directly to the public. Three taverns had a German Chocolate Helms Deep variant on sale today for $25 per bottle. With it being on people's radar after The Shelton brothers festival last month I knew I had to get my two bottles.

Did anyone stop by Other Half today and catch how much All Citra Everything they have left?

My girl is going to be arriving in NYC and I'm curious how long it'll last on Saturday.

Did anyone stop by Other Half today and catch how much All Citra Everything they have left?

My girl is going to be arriving in NYC and I'm curious how long it'll last on Saturday.
It's still available this morning, but they didn't say how much was available. It was a double batch this time around (approximately 450-500 cases). Usually when they release double batches on Saturday they last until at least mid/late Sunday. Yesterday was a non-traditional release and didn't quite draw the same crowds that a Saturday release would. I think you should be good if she gets there by mid-afternoon.

are there any beer clubs out there? like a monthly sample service?

I've only recently started drinking beers, I've just been trying random stuff, so far my favorite is Karbach Staycation, i'm not sure what kind of beer it its or none of that. They just built a brewery near me called Spindletap about a year ago, i'm thinking about going on a tour for my b-day next month.

I had a sample box of Stones, the ruination double ipa 2.0 was a doozy

Look for facebook groups local to you, some groups get together for beer tastings, where everyone brings beer with them for everyone to try.

I found Grimm's super shine to be disappointing. It came off as a yogurt bomb which wasn't for me.

20170829_235833~2-803x720.jpg

20170901_195425~2-715x720.jpg

Been waiting a while to try neon. Really looking forward to it.

Last edited:
Appreciate the responses, she was able to score me a case. She cracked one open after I told her how delicious it was but said she couldn't taste the mouthfeel I was trying to explain. :emoji_thinking:

Do Other Half brews develop the soft mouthfeel with a little time on them? She's not necessarily a "beer person" so that could be it, too.

Back
Top Bottom