NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

IMG_1871.PNG

Language of Thunder Cumulus, first Trimtab beer I've had and they knocked it out the park. Only paid $12.99 for it too at a bottle shop in Alabama. Nice balance of barrel flavor and sweetness of the coconut and vanilla. Wish I would have bought more.

Visited Monkish yesterday, tried their I Draft IPA which was stellar. I would have bought a 750ml bottle to go but there was a dozen people in line and I didn't feel like waiting. I did get a Teku glass so that is dope.

MVIMG_20180428_130829.jpg

ytYWexW

Last nights beverage: Sierra Nevada Big Foot Ale - 9.6%.
IMG_20180428_231818.jpg

bjQES7o

After months of procrastinating, I finally started my beer review channel on youtube. It's unlike many of the other beer review channels on youtube. Any and all constructive feedback would be appreciated. Check it out! Cheers boys!

First review here...

After months of procrastinating, I finally started my beer review channel on youtube. It's unlike many of the other beer review channels on youtube. Any and all constructive feedback would be appreciated. Check it out! Cheers boys!

First review here...

Might be hard to develop an identifiable personality or candor in that time. Also doesn't give time for editorial space to say how you feel about certain beer trends or your thoughts in general about craft beer.

Critiques aside, you seem comfortable in front of the camera and you come off as someone I wouldn't mind watching. Maybe just make them "express" beer reviews in order to keep it succinct without leaving anything to the imagination.

Also: where are you from? I'm from NY, so I get a lot of the heavy-hitters of the region (Tree House, Trillium, OH, Tired Hands, etc.). I could send some stuff your way to review if these beers aren't accessible to you.

Might be hard to develop an identifiable personality or candor in that time. Also doesn't give time for editorial space to say how you feel about certain beer trends or your thoughts in general about craft beer.

Critiques aside, you seem comfortable in front of the camera and you come off as someone I wouldn't mind watching. Maybe just make them "express" beer reviews in order to keep it succinct without leaving anything to the imagination.

Also: where are you from? I'm from NY, so I get a lot of the heavy-hitters of the region (Tree House, Trillium, OH, Tired Hands, etc.). I could send some stuff your way to review if these beers aren't accessible to you.

Thank you so much for the feedback. I truly appreciate it. You mentioned some things I hadn't yet thought about. I settled on the "1 minute" idea for a couple of reasons.

One, if you couldn't tell right off the bat, I am by no means a beer reviewing expert. More in the intermediate stages right now and still trying to fine tune my palate and find the beers/styles I really enjoy. So I had tried to shoot some "traditional beer review" style videos but to me it just came out as me rambling not really saying a whole lot. I'm also trying to tap into the whole millennial generation's just give it to me now attitude, if that makes any sense. As a millennial myself, I realized I'd often just skip to the end of these beer reviews to hear their scores and whether it was a good buy or not, so that's where this condensed format idea originated.

Two, I think this format will keep things challenging but also fun and lighthearted. I'm never going to get too serious about this, just not my personality. So I'm hoping over time I'll be able to post enough that people will be able to get a good sense of my personality and candor, as you mentioned.

Last, I thought the 1 minute format would make it easy to create and post the reviews to instagram. I'm definitely not trying to become famous or anything like that, but being able to connect and share content over another medium would be cool too.

Your offer for some of those east coast beers is quite generous. I've wanted to try out the whole beer trade thing, just haven't gotten around to it. I'm out here in the Bay Area, so I'd say my options for trading aren't as plentiful, but I'll definitely DM you and see if we can work anything out. Thanks again Comparison for the feedback!

F7BC0F5D-40CB-42CE-9055-2C19B80E1E13.jpeg

One of the perks of my clinical rotation is a brewery that is walking distance lol. This one is good. I get coffee and roast, oak ,vanilla and raisins. Very well balanced. It is 12.5% and doesnt taste nowhere near that.

IMG_20180505_185120.jpg
Gunwhale x Mikkeller Hazy IPA 7.2% fresh, balanced, amazing. Love seeing more and more Hazy IPA's...now have Gunwhale on the list to visit.

My first time having a "milkshake" ipa...little too sweet for my taste...i see where they were going with it just not my cup of tea...did get the regular version as well but haven't tried it yet

20180513_171106_1526308625784.jpg

Obvious fandom from me but Tired Hands has really dialed in their milkshake series. Most cant be seen as an accurate representation of the style (although there have been instances from other breweries hitting it out of the park). I think that the creaminess has dominate over any sweetness for the style.

Been craving Treehouse like crazy lately. So much that I may take a weekend day trip from Philly to grab cans. Really my favorite New England IPAs I've had. Them and Trillium do it in a way where they are full of flavor and have a medium body but not entirely too filling.

Sounds like someone made a beer run and wants to recoup their spendings and then some.

VT restaurants in that area charge $7-$7.50/ can so this isn't too bad. Out the door retail at the brewery is $12.50ish/ four pack.

Worth one try to realize how frickin normal and average that beer has become. everyone else has caught up so being average here isn't a bad thing, if that makes sense.

Not worth more than a half hour drive and or line. If it's there when you get there, try it out.

I've been on a serious lighter beer kick these past few weeks. Almost no ipas or stouts. Mostly a variety of goses, seaquench, German pilsners, and Hamm's. Sort of reverting back to my youth lol.

Although I went through a lagunitas Born again yesterday 12 pack rather easily. It helped that the bitterness was subdued. So full of citrus and dank hops. Hop floaties for days. Near haze.

jbug88 jbug88 how is 18 parabola drinking? Crazy to see that , kbs, ba 1050, and CBS all sitting on same shelve at the same time. Haven't managed to drop the $9 they want for a 12 oz bottle

Last edited:
Haven't bought any beer lately, preparing for the 6th Anniversary of Tired Hands in two weeks. Been killing what's left in my fridge:

Pizza Boy Floyd's Yacht Club: about time Al started brewing a hazy IPA. I love the brewery since it's local and dirt cheap but their beers are very average. This was his best yet, hope he starts brewing more

Tired Hands Eviscerated Pathway of Beauty: their all Citra IPA. I actually preferred this to Other Half's Citra Daydream although it's not really comparable. One of my favorite Tired Hands beers

Funk Double Citrus and Prop: both these were awesome, people are really sleeping on Funk in the area.

Tired Hands Ramos Gin Fizz Milkshake, Tired Hands King Royal, the Veil Tastee Passionberry, Pizza Boy White Bronco. All these adjunct beers and all I really want is a nonense, easy drinking IPA :lol:

When did Alchemist start distributing to CA?! Worth it at $7/can?

Screenshot_20180517-153355.png
If you asked this question 4-5 years ago I'd say yes. Cali can hold their own now. I'm sure there are comparable/superior offerings that are available locally, but if you're curious and have never had I'd say do it for science.

DDB cutting straight to the core of this. :lol:
unnamed.png

20180514_191327_1526345003136.jpg

Little disappointed in this 1...my least favorite from them...hopefully will be able to scoop some different flavors this Saturday when they release......

Is the struggle real for Ht if this alchemist CA release is legit? Skadoosh can hold its own. But. HT ? No way. Even pizza port or El Segundo Trump Ht on the freshest of levels. And those guys are the norm.

As a strictly $12.50/ four pack from the source dipa, it's great. But you have to consider the end game here.

Internet hype can only final far.

I enjoy Heady Topper and would pay the brewery rate if it was readily available. I'd pick up a four pack quite often if it was. But I've noticed a huge difference in quality between fresh cans of Heady and those have been sitting for a while. My first review on here was a can I got in a trade where the canning date was unknown (Alchemist doesn't date their cans) and the beer was extremely subpar.

Then my buddy got it straight from the source and I drank it within a week of canning and it was great. There's a signature malt sweetness that it has that's quite addicting for me.

But I wouldn't quite go out of my way to get it. Especially at $7 a can. If you're close to it, just go to Monkish in Cali and fill some growlers. You'll be much happier. I equate their beers to Trillium of the West Coast. Very drinkable beers that aren't filling and have a nice medium body

The Alchemist hitting CA was legit. 7 day old cans. They are looking to do this 2-3 times a year if they can.
Some places were charging $24 for a mixed 4 pack. Less than a Monkish 4 pack.
It hit quite a few places here in SoCal, but I'm too old for the chase.
wallyhopp wallyhopp I haven't cracked it open yet. I haven't been cracking open any big boys lately. Sticking to pilsners and lagers. And to be fair, I got my bottles at Costco, so it was a bit cheaper than most places.

Back
Top Bottom