NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

Great, I plan on showing up an hour after they open. Thanks for the info.
Also read that OH is working to have can availability at all times in the taproom, hence the midweek releases.

Good on them, I've heard nothing but good things about the staff there. Wish they were closer as I love their beer and would buy some on a weekly basis

Got a few interesting beers in trades recently that I felt I should touch upon:
unnamed.jpg

J. Wakefield Troll So Hard. Lemon & Lime Berliner. I'll be the first to admit that the appearance was the initial draw :lol:, but this beer delivers. Basically tastes like carbonated Gatorade with touch more salinity and breadiness. It's a ridiculous beer, but I'm glad I had the opportunity to try this. This is something I would seek out again.

Now onto its counterpart:
unnamed-1.jpg

J. Wakefield Haterade. Fruit Punch Berliner. This drinks exactly as advertised. Just swap the Lemon/Lime flavors for fruit punch flavors. Really have no regrets about seeking these out. These are great summer beers. I would buy the **** out of these if they were available locally. I really hope Other Half reads NT General. :lol:

unnamed-2.jpg

Hudson Valley Hiding Place. Sour IPA with lactose, muscat grapes, orange zest, and rosemary. Another instance of Hudson Valley putting out a strange combination that somehow works. The earthiness of the rosemary does a great job of tempering the creaminess of the lactose and the fruitiness of the muscat and orange zest. Wouldn't want more than a 4-pack of this, but really enjoying it for what it is.

0DC50C99-84DA-4577-A1AA-C439FB617F20.jpeg

Local liquor store had two bottles left so i had to grab them.
All of the Wegman's in my area "restocked". Guess the company as a whole bought too much. Wouldn't mind it sitting on shelves or just bleeding the release throughout the year. Currently have two in the cellar, wouldn't mind a few more.

The new Otra Vez recipe sucks. Why did Sierra Nevada change the first one? The first sour I ever had. Been hooked since.

aviary-image-1528672486900.jpeg

Glad I finally got to try this. Awesome beer but much different than Green IMO. Just like Alter Ego and Bright are way different than Julius to me

I think the fact that's it a double IPA adds a noted bitterness over the amazing tropical fruit notes of green. I'll take Green over VG any day of the week but this beer is still world class. Huge notes of pineapple on the nose with a pointed piney bitterness and a hint of tropical fruits.

Of the several Treehouse rotationals I've had so far (I think I'm only missing Haze at this point), Green and Julius are clear #1 and 2 for me

Made it to other half for the release this weekend. I woke up later than I anticipated but like comp said I had no issues getting the cans I wanted which was great. Also made it to sand city for their oops I guavaed my pants release.

IMG_1922.JPG

IMG_1927.JPG

Brouwerij West - Picnic Lightning 6.8% - Super Fresh.

IMG_20180610_203445.jpg

New Belgium - The Hemperor - 7%. My boss was drinking this at the office and reeked the whole place up. thought this my be a gimmick but it is actually delicious.

IMG_20180610_170547.jpg
IMG_20180610_170722.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20180610_203445.jpg
    IMG_20180610_203445.jpg
    332.4 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20180610_170547.jpg
    IMG_20180610_170547.jpg
    312.3 KB · Views: 4
If we're talking Tree House rotational IPAs my breakdown is as follows:

1. Green
2. Julius
3. Sap
4. Alter Ego
5. Haze
6. Doppelganger
7. Bright

There's also a pretty decent gap between Green and Julius. Green is essentially perfect when the batch is on point.

Also willing to say Green>Very Green

If we're talking Tree House rotational IPAs my breakdown is as follows:

1. Green
2. Julius
3. Sap
4. Alter Ego
5. Haze
6. Doppelganger
7. Bright

There's also a pretty decent gap between Green and Julius. Green is essentially perfect when the batch is on point.

Also willing to say Green>Very Green
Green is perfection. Give me that over any IPA for the rest of my life and I'd be happy. I thought very green robbed green of the qualities that make it great

IMG_1938.JPG

Had a great trip back home to NY. Made it to OEC and Bad Sons in CT. In the NYC/LI area I visited Other half, Sand City, Barrage and Great South Bay. Portland coming up next Friday and I'm very excited for that.

Rumors of Other Half opening a DC location. That would be a complete game changer for me living in Central PA.

@dyzzle
Yeah, Monkish is not the best brewery to "try different styles". They brew hazy IPA's and the occasional stout/wild ale/saison. Their hazy IPA's are some of the best in the country so I'm not to not go there, but check out Smog City around the corner for a better VARIETY of beers.
I'm in Hawthorne. We're neighbors. Shoot me a DM and I'll let you know where else to go (and where to avoid) or look below:
Torrance: Smog City/Monkish/Hop Saint
El Segundo: El Segundo Brewing Co
San Pedro: Brouwerij West
Cheers.

Some heat being posted in here...
that being said, for those of you in the NE area I’ll be making a trip to Jester King this weekend to pick up MvB. I’ve tried setting up trades a couple times now with no luck, thought I’d try one more time...

I got this through trade a few weeks back and it has to be the best beer I’ve had so far, edging out green from TH.

1A727CAE-858A-48C3-B808-FE8730C25562.jpeg

anyone ever tried "the booth" brewing? always wanted to but they only brew out in cali and korea.

Rumors of Other Half opening a DC location. That would be a complete game changer for me living in Central PA.
I heard this too, but I'm not hyped on it. Not for the fact that I want Other Half to be some sort of NY-exclusive, but they can't even meet demand here as is. Just wish they'd focus on making their beers more accessible to their home base before branching out.

I get why they'd make that choice though. Move to another large city, brew a similar amount of beer, have demand far exceed supply for the area, and keep the hype train moving.

9FA3E937-47A4-4BFA-B7DB-8F8281DCA885.jpeg

A very nice crisp, clean beer with slight lemon flavor.

C05344C5-D166-4D76-A0C3-7C108ABDC864.jpeg

It was okay. It was 5 years old but past its prime. Lost a lot of flavor but had some sour/tartness.

7126C24D-5036-4BC4-A2D3-769B03247E02.jpeg

Got this as a graduation gift. Slowly getting into whiskey, this one was awesome.

Back
Top Bottom