NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

IMG_1967.JPG

Made it to de garde to start my bday weekend. This special noir is the best fruited sour I've had. Raspberry lingers for minutes after the last sip.

IMG_1993.JPG

Had a successful trip to Portland this past weekend. So many breweries brewing good beer. Finally got to try some great notion and was happy that they had some crowlers available to go.

What’s the status on releases for Great Notion??

My sister are going to Seattle then Portland next month and I’m hoping she can bring something home

What’s the status on releases for Great Notion??

My sister are going to Seattle then Portland next month and I’m hoping she can bring something home

They are canning again and releasing beer starting this up coming Saturday. Mad I missed it by one weekend but met a few guys who are open to trading.

Grimm officially opening their spot in Brooklyn this Saturday starting with a can/bottle sale. I think this finally seals the deal that NYC is now the best city for craft beer in America.

You're welcome to disagree, but know that you're incorrect.

Grimm officially opening their spot in Brooklyn this Saturday starting with a can/bottle sale. I think this finally seals the deal that NYC is now the best city for craft beer in America.

Looking forward to my 3 day trip in August

I would say IPA's but not beer, that being the reason I stock up on IPA's from NY whenever I get the chance. The South and Midwest definitely brew better stouts and de garde after this trip I would say brews the best sours in the country in my opinion.

I would say IPA's but not beer, that being the reason I stock up on IPA's from NY whenever I get the chance. The South and Midwest definitely brew better stouts and de garde after this trip I would say brews the best sours in the country in my opinion.
Even excluding IPAs, Finback does world-class stouts and Grimm does world-class stouts/sours/farmhouse beers. Other Half is also starting to do sour IPAs a-la-Hudson Valley that are approaching that level of excellence.

Florida and the midwest do better stouts, but their IPAs don't hold a candle. With the introduction of Grimm I'll confidently say NY now has the most well-rounded, high quality beer scene.

Even excluding IPAs, Finback does world-class stouts and Grimm does world-class stouts/sours/farmhouse beers. Other Half is also starting to do sour IPAs a-la-Hudson Valley that are approaching that level of excellence.

Florida and the midwest do better stouts, but their IPAs don't hold a candle. With the introduction of Grimm I'll confidently say NY now has the most well-rounded, high quality beer scene.

I think it all depends on what the consumer is looking for. I haven't had a wild ale or sour that I would compare to some of what I've had in the south or northwest outside of OEC in connecticut. Stouts don't even compare, I guess I will just respectfully disagree haha. IPA's though are light years ahead. I actually have some root+branch and sandcity coming this weekend.

Last edited:
They are canning again and releasing beer starting this up coming Saturday. Mad I missed it by one weekend but met a few guys who are open to trading.
Safe to assume 4 packs are released and sold out within hours?

I think before they were exclusively doing crowlers and maybe growlers for beer to go, correct?

Nah some of the prior four packs from what I was told released at their new canning facility and what ever was left over was sent to their original Alberta location for the following day. Yea they were doing pre filled crowlers again once their canning facility got shut down, but from what they told me it should be a can release every Saturday moving forward from 6/30.

Back
Top Bottom