NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

Local scene is finally seeing lactose and vanilla introduced to fruited sours. Killing it. Not quite at Hudson valleys funk level but I sense some sour fruited ipas within 3 months.

Still generally trying to stick with no beer on week nights, like cford.

Xocoveza came out last week. Went and bought some today, along with fresh FBS. Let the mixing begin!
Got a single of a stone seasonal Ipa, along with sn celebration. Gotta stick with classics to reintroduce my palate to flavors. It can't all be dipas now.

Went to a 20 brewery/one new beer premier from each place beer fest this past weekend. Only two regular ipas. So many great styles out there. Most popular of the bunch was a regular IPA with strawberries added. Couldn't hate. It was good. A bit of a grapefruit and orange hybird from the past 2-3 years. Strawberries and raspberry stock has to be At all time highs.

Don't forget that there's CBS this Friday. Probably gonna be like 25 a bomber but I can't help pick up a bottle

^I think all other Founders barrel aged beers were available in four packs but not CBS

that's foul on their part, I'm passing...I finally just drank my bottle I got last year about a month ago

I know ppl here have had Black Tuesday...my buddy offered me a bottle of this years release but I passed on the $30 price tag...though I'm sure it's a great beer I feel like I'm not missing much with what else is available anymore, yea?

I'd try Black Tuesday at least once. It's a good beer but nothing I would seek out every time it comes out. 19% ABV is just something I just dont want to drink, especially in bomber format

All these established, distro BA stouts need to be offered in 12 oz bottles. I also wouldn't mind seeing a trend back towards 12 oz cans for IPAs. Kind of like how Hill Farmstead does

Anybody familiar with any cool little spots in NYC as far as good craft beer goes? A little bar or something with a good selection?

Will be there Thurs until Sat and me and my girl will be looking for a chill spot

What y’all drinking for international stout day?

C19AFA57-4736-4B46-BB2C-C5A29C560B35.jpeg

^had a DIPA. I guess I like bucking the trend a bit. Had a stout two days ago though.

Local brewery just released a imperial coffee stout brewed with Krispy Kreme donuts in the boil. Anyone have a donut stout before?

It's beastly at 9.4% so I won't try until this weekend

I've had stouts with maple syrup added but never an actual physical food item that needs to boil down from a mass lol.

^Untappd, it's all about the badges

I had a Born Yesterday when I had my dinner but after realizing it was national stout day I decided to double dip (usually don't do that, sometimes on weekends) and cracked open another beer :lol:

^had a DIPA. I guess I like bucking the trend a bit. Had a stout two days ago though.

Local brewery just released a imperial coffee stout brewed with Krispy Kreme donuts in the boil. Anyone have a donut stout before?

It's beastly at 9.4% so I won't try until this weekend

I've had stouts with maple syrup added but never an actual physical food item that needs to boil down from a mass lol.
I've had a couple I can recall...Burial Donut Skillet Stout and Breaker Brewing donut

the Breaker Brewing wasn't too well received though I liked it

the Burial one is pretty popular and they've done variants of it

Went to the local Wegmans to check out CBS. They put out four packs of KBS from this March. Wasn't surprised since Wegmans as a company typically does stuff like this (see the BCBS releases throughout the summer)

What I was surprised at was the price. $20.99 for a four pack when I remember it was at least $26 back in March and as high as $32 in some places.

Skipped the CBS for this as I prefer it without maple AND in 12 oz bottles. Cheers!

I like these Build your own 6 packs in my supermarket. Get to try a bunch of things without commiting.
20181104_093427.jpg

Fresh Market would do build your own 6ers and I’d grab Two Hearted or Tropicalia and save $1.00 buy building my own :smokin

Haven’t been in here much lately but the Atlanta seen is plenty sufficient to where I’m rarely drinking something not from here.

Chopper Chopper how's new realm doing? Heard they bought the green flash facility in VA. They're owned by a former stone brewery employee/brewmaster. Seems like they want to take over the world, like every other big brewery that had grown almost too quickly.

Seeing as how I rarely drink stone and don't think we need another one anywhere, I have heard NR has exploded on the scene. But are they any good/any different from the rest of them? Who are Atlantas best? I just never hear much from that large metro area.

Fresh Market would do build your own 6ers and I’d grab Two Hearted or Tropicalia and save $1.00 buy building my own :smokin

Haven’t been in here much lately but the Atlanta seen is plenty sufficient to where I’m rarely drinking something not from here.
Heard nothing but great things about Tropicalia, need to find some to try

Just realized I didn't let y'all know how the Shelton Brothers The Festival was a couple weeks ago.

In short, it was easily the best beer fest I've ever been to. Next year's will be in the Pacific NW (probably Seattle)...and I would recommend flying out for it. It's that legit.

It wasn't crazy crowded, there was tons of room to get around, and even when you were waiting in line, they moved quick.

And speaking of lines, most were non-existent. Sure, the ones for Cantillon and Drie Fonteinen got pretty long...but there were literally no lines at Tired Hands, Monkish, Trillium, Tilquin and more. None. It was bonkers.

The regular Friday session ran from 5-9p, and everything ran so smoothly that my wife and I hit most every brewery we wanted to get (except Holy Mountain, dammit), tried some of the more out of the way foreign ones (Pohjala from Estonia, Carakale from Jordan, Boundary from Belfast)...and still left an hour before it was over. It was that easy to get around.

So, just go to The Festival! It's amazing.

Chopper Chopper how's new realm doing? Heard they bought the green flash facility in VA. They're owned by a former stone brewery employee/brewmaster. Seems like they want to take over the world, like every other big brewery that had grown almost too quickly.

Seeing as how I rarely drink stone and don't think we need another one anywhere, I have heard NR has exploded on the scene. But are they any good/any different from the rest of them? Who are Atlantas best? I just never hear much from that large metro area.

I used to live a few blocks from New Realm’s new brewery but I never even went there. I’ve heard good things though. It’s a great location right on the belt line in Old 4th Ward.

I usually stick with 3 Taverns for sours and Creature Comforts or Scofflaw for IPA’s.

The Bruery - Mischief, not as good as the (craft) Belgian beers from monkish but solid. First beer I've had from them.

IMG_20181104_184039.jpg

Back
Top Bottom