black friday haul

only managed 3 bottles of BCBS.

Attachments

• 20181123_190933.jpg
    20181123_190933.jpg
    381.5 KB · Views: 20
Yep...this is ridiculous:
0-2.jpg

The adjuncts still manage to pop despite spending a year in bourbon barrels. I'm often skeptical as to how much barrel-aging really improves a lot of beers, but I can confidently say that it does in this instance. The barrel plays off the coconut so well without overpowering the almonds and cacao nibs. Truly a liquid Almond Joy on steroids.

20181118_171317.jpg

Treehouse - Miles to Go Before I Sleep

Peanut butter was very subdued. Quite the opposite compared Hold Onto Sunshine. It allowed the coffee and dark fruit notes to shine through.

IMG_20181125_165109.jpg

Treehouse - Impermamence

Dark, acidic berry in the front. Maple came through nicely as the glass warmed. Sticky yet very drinkable. Signature TH mouthfeel with a medium body. When it comes to pastry stouts, my preference lies with Treehouse. They're able to achieve the full flavor while still keeping that same drinkability they are known for. Very well balanced

20181028_162210.jpg

Treehouse - Double Shot (Guatemala El Soccoro)

My favorite stout I've had all year and the best coffee stout I've had by far. Great amount of body with a deep rich coffee flavor. Had notes of honey and dark cherry.

Anyone have any of the Bourbon County yet? I'll be cracking a 2017 tonight

Did not expect the vanilla to be demanding this much hype on the trading market. I've seen bottles close for $95. Also seen 1:1 for some bottle logic stouts as well

Did not expect the vanilla to be demanding this much hype on the trading market. I've seen bottles close for $95. Also seen 1:1 for some bottle logic stouts as well
Had the OG so far. Got all the variants minus the Reserve (no interest, honestly) and Prop (obviously). Surprising to hear that Vanilla is fetching that much considering how abundant it's been. Was able to get 3 bottles with no real effort. The OG is the same as it ever was (word to the Talking Heads). Hearing a lot of varied opinions about the variants and I'm not sure how much of it boils down to personal preference. While I'm excited to try Coffee Barleywine, it's a sin that they scratched Coffee Stout for it. Why not both?

Better yet: **** all the variants. Just do OG and a bunch of BCBCS. The variants are never better.

Seeing a lot of comparisons to Fundamental Observation for the Vanilla. Heard good things about the Midnight Orange. Bramble getting meh reviews

I made out with 2 reg and 1 vanilla. Spot near work still needs to drop so I'm hoping I can grab the vanilla and the coffee when they come out. Wasn't psyched to pay $24 for the vanilla but oh well

6641158A-8A95-4774-BF6E-44CCBA7DAFDD.jpeg
Root+ Branch are putting out some quality offerings. This is one of the best ipa’s I’ve had recently. Scored some tickets to wakefest this morning and a few bottles, I’m excited for that.

6641158A-8A95-4774-BF6E-44CCBA7DAFDD.jpeg
Root+ Branch are putting out some quality offerings. This is one of the best ipa’s I’ve had recently. Scored some tickets to wakefest this morning and a few bottles, I’m excited for that.
That Dead Men on Holiday is the truth. I see it's been trading for a lot of upper-echelon stuff, but I'm not giving away my cans. I'd love to see them remain a sleeper-cell for as long as possible, but they're gonna blow up once they have their own spot.

Mannnnn you gotta give some reviews! Especially on the Horus joint. My homie was gonna proxy me the latest Goshawk with the poo poo coffee but struck out

I'll give feedback on anything posted if people request.

The Horus stout was crazy good. Super thick mouthfeel made it feel like coffee mixed with Nutella. If I didn't split it with a friend I could've killed it by myself. Decadent without exhausting the palate.

That Dead Men on Holiday is the truth. I see it's been trading for a lot of upper-echelon stuff, but I'm not giving away my cans. I'd love to see them remain a sleeper-cell for as long as possible, but they're gonna blow up once they have their own spot.

Yea they are impressive, I’m keeping the last couple of cans that I have. Interested in trying their stout.

i want that vanilla. word is few stores in my area are releasing them friday.

i had '14, '15 on draft the other night. good stuff. aged well. super boozy. i never had it fresh so i cant compare. '18 is excellent as well.

i had '17 last year and, maybe it was a bad bottle, but it was awful. Bourbon barrel Aged? naw Old Work Boot Aged. So sour. Had to been the bottle. I have 2 other bottles in my cellar, we'll see.

7522B28E-3C35-4D6E-9933-32827BF5B36E.jpeg

Rich chocolate fudge with dark fruits. Lots of bourbon flavor and vanilla. Is it worth 24 bucks? I personally would buy it again but the price hike from 12 bucks sucks lol.

7522B28E-3C35-4D6E-9933-32827BF5B36E.jpeg

Rich chocolate fudge with dark fruits. Lots of bourbon flavor and vanilla. Is it worth 24 bucks? I personally would buy it again but the price hike from 12 bucks sucks lol.
How does it compare to Fundental Observation?

Been seeing that comparison a lot on untapped

Cooked the supreme x TNF drop. Local spot dropped the vanilla BCBS at $22 a bottle. And homie hooked it up with the HF bottles. Today was a good day :pimp:

20181129_180542.jpg

Missed out on the Vanilla. Was able to to pickup the midnight orange and bramble rye. Jewel by me still has tons of cases of the barleywine.

Back
Top Bottom