NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

If there's any beer that would hold up over time it's that one. No adjuncts, high ABV, and canned.

No matter the case, never had a cellared/aged beer where I walked away thinking that time made it better. If anything I was always able to detect oxidation.

Drink em if you got em.

It's a hit and miss with aging beers. You should have them in a set temp and it will age properly. If you're aging them in a place where the temp changes constantly, then you'll get that oxidation.

The BA version of Ten Fidy has always been a classic to me. I don't care what these hype train riders say, I love bourbon county still. Yeah they sold out, but now it's very easy to get and I'm good with that.

Have you tried French pressing BA Bourbon County with your own adjuncts? It's a fun experiment if you never tried that.

I've done it with coffee beans, vanilla beans, habanero peppers, oreos, cinnamon toast crunch, etc. . .

Those a local Brewery here in Grand Rapids called Elk Brewing that has a beer called” PB and Jaley” it’s delicious and the most peanut butter tasting beer I’ve had.

^ Nice, how does it compare to their undercover shutdown and brown shugga? Those use to be my go to beers a decade ago. I recently stopped drinking expensive beers and found cheaper ones more enjoyable to the wallet.
Man...i haven't had those 2 in a while. IIRC Undercover Shutdown was high in ABV? And it actually was a batch of a different beer they used to produce but made incorrectly? Was it actually Brown Sugga?

From what I can remember though, a lot of Lagunitas joints were brewed with Brown Sugar and you could actually taste the brown sugar in their beers. Desnt apply here.

This joint is fresh and full of those juicy flavors. Easy drink. 7 ABV I believe.

I'm usually a 1 beer a night kind of guy.

Ran through a sixer of this in a day and a half.
20190601_220357.jpg
Joints a hit. Will be copping more tomorrow.
Need to try this

Lagunitas has the best price point to quality ratio for something widely distributed

Recent stuff. Treehouse came from a buddy who visited MA.

Tired Hands 7th Anniversary was awesome. Wasn't overly crowded like last year. Got there at 4 hours after opening and got the shakes and a double allotment of the stout. Went inside to sample the rest of the beers to see if I wanted any of them in cans. Always a nice feeling. The Triple Dry Hopped Alien Church was fire.

Surprise surprise, the coconut fudge brownie pastry stout was the winner. Wasn't overly sweet, deep dark chocolate notes with a nice layer of coconut.

Overall great event. I feel like Tired Hands always does their Anniversary party right with the different events going on all weekend. The St. Sevener Anniversary IPA slushie was also dope as well. Cheers fellas
DFBFD57A-3CF0-460D-83A9-46A37711E63B.jpeg

Recent stuff. Treehouse came from a buddy who visited MA.

Tired Hands 7th Anniversary was awesome. Wasn't overly crowded like last year. Got there at 4 hours after opening and got the shakes and a double allotment of the stout. Went inside to sample the rest of the beers to see if I wanted any of them in cans. Always a nice feeling. The Triple Dry Hopped Alien Church was fire.

Surprise surprise, the coconut fudge brownie pastry stout was the winner. Wasn't overly sweet, deep dark chocolate notes with a nice layer of coconut.

Overall great event. I feel like Tired Hands always does their Anniversary party right with the different events going on all weekend. The St. Sevener Anniversary IPA slushie was also dope as well. Cheers fellas
DFBFD57A-3CF0-460D-83A9-46A37711E63B.jpeg

Hurricane and Haze are both world class. I find Julius to drink like a session. To me it lacks the flavor and feel if treehouses other ipas. From what I have read, it has changed more than their other beers when the opened up their new brewery I find it to be very overrated and it would not even crack my top 10 treehouse list.

It's a hit and miss with aging beers. You should have them in a set temp and it will age properly. If you're aging them in a place where the temp changes constantly, then you'll get that oxidation.

The BA version of Ten Fidy has always been a classic to me. I don't care what these hype train riders say, I love bourbon county still. Yeah they sold out, but now it's very easy to get and I'm good with that.

Have you tried French pressing BA Bourbon County with your own adjuncts? It's a fun experiment if you never tried that.

I've done it with coffee beans, vanilla beans, habanero peppers, oreos, cinnamon toast crunch, etc. . .

I love that Goose Island sold out because its everywhere now and im completely fine with that. Both the BCBS and BA Ten Fidy have been sitting up here as of the last 2 years, when before you had to win a raffle or know someone working the shop to get 1 or 2.

I always wanted to try the french press with BCBS, how long do you normally let it in the french press for? do you get strong flavors?? Might have to try one this week.

Wizard Fight was absolutely fantastic. Top 3 CT beer for sure. Space Coyote was pretty good, but nowhere near its magical brother.

Attachments

• 20190607_190314.jpg
    20190607_190314.jpg
    224.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 20190607_203106.jpg
    20190607_203106.jpg
    222.1 KB · Views: 1
When did Rose ale start becoming a thing? Was at TW and noticed crooked stave cans :pimp: I went to another spot and they had old Xocoveza IN cans for $2.99. But it's was dated 9/21/18. How old would you go? Also, I'm seeing FBS everywhere, did they increase production?

20190607_221114-487x649.jpg

I think you can see where I was going with these.

I was taken aback to see that Bissell is getting distro out by me now. Cases of Substance at the Whole Foods I go to.

Now if only we can get some Swish come October...

When did Rose ale start becoming a thing? Was at TW and noticed crooked stave cans :pimp: I went to another spot and they had old Xocoveza IN cans for $2.99. But it's was dated 9/21/18. How old would you go? Also, I'm seeing FBS everywhere, did they increase production?

20190607_221114-487x649.jpg

I think you can see where I was going with these.
Rose ales. Maybe a year or so. Seen some Rose goses and other such beers. Xoco Is released once a year. I'd maybe go 9 months tops. The flavor does fade. I've had year old and it doesn't compare to fresh. But middle ground is not bad. FBS became a year rounder a year or so back. Finding 2-3 week old FBS for less than $11/4 is a God send.

I've been a bit on a budget spree. Not out of necessity. But trying to prove a point of sorts. I'm pretty sick of over priced pints. Quality packaged beer for a solid price is all around us.

I've been going macro light lagers , macro light lagers, craft lagers to compare, and pretty much WC and nE IPAS. It's been quite the contrast. My tolerance has also dropped considerably. Craft beers feel like the devil lol. Voodoo witches brew type stuff. I'm not sure drinkability is a good thing for Craft beers.

20190609_023904-490x1008.jpg

I'll take a chance.

On the left is Collective Arts Jam up the Mash, middle is To 0l Gose to Hollywood.

Rose ales. Maybe a year or so. Seen some Rose goses and other such beers. Xoco Is released once a year. I'd maybe go 9 months tops. The flavor does fade. I've had year old and it doesn't compare to fresh. But middle ground is not bad. FBS became a year rounder a year or so back. Finding 2-3 week old FBS for less than $11/4 is a God send.

I've been a bit on a budget spree. Not out of necessity. But trying to prove a point of sorts. I'm pretty sick of over priced pints. Quality packaged beer for a solid price is all around us.

I've been going macro light lagers , macro light lagers, craft lagers to compare, and pretty much WC and nE IPAS. It's been quite the contrast. My tolerance has also dropped considerably. Craft beers feel like the devil lol. Voodoo witches brew type stuff. I'm not sure drinkability is a good thing for Craft beers.

Thanks for the info. My tolerance is very low atm but no complaints there. Quite a few new beers out there for me to try, even still I've been sour leaning. Been avoiding high abv beers till now lol.

Never been into wines or champagnes or such. so I'm not even exactly sure what a rose' is. I know they're pink and pRickly in flavor, supposedly. I know angry orchard got in on it early with a rose cider. Then your spiked seltzers and other spiked drinks got in on the pink craze.

The gose in question is Anderson valley's framboise rose gose. Its brewed with rose hips and raspberries are added later. I really like it but it likely has no comparison to the wine style. Oskar blues has a guns n roses ale, which they got sued for. I wanna say it's still out. It has hibiscus and prickly pear flavors. Beer producers are just playing on its popularity elsewhere in name, and doing their own thing. If they can produce a beer that's remotely pink in color with fruits, it's now a rose ale.

For xoco, coffee may be muted as well as the vanilla beans. It should still have some flavors. I'd likely still buy some if I saw it still around. Wait. Each can was $2.99? Retail was around $15-19/six. Looks like you got a full sixer. It likely should've been cheaper IMHO. Unless it was $2.99/six.

I saw the $2.99 singles at another store. I got the pack because I knew it was in a cooler this whole time for sure. But yea in retrospect it should of been cheaper.

Bombers used to be $9-$11 so for $6, you're already at a bomber amount

That's how I justify some of my spendings lol

Back
Top Bottom