NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

Headed to NYC for MLK Weekend. Gotta contain myself and not buy cans from Other Half I won't end up drinking. Every time I buy a 4-pack of something, I realize I don't want 4 cans of it nor do I want to drink Hazy IPAs regularly since it's so damn filling.

Been really liking Saisons and light sours lately. I'd buy and drink the **** out of SaisonHands from Tired Hands if they canned it.

I also tried DFH Super Eight and thought it was excellent. Perfect compliment to Seaquench which is my go to shelf beer
im very interested in trying some OH stuff so if youre willing to ship, buy those 4s with confidence and ill buy em

RAR Brewing doing a pop up at Cross St Market in Baltimore on Friday afternoon. Probably going to swing through. Beats driving an hour and a half to their brewery.

Been seeing some rar cans in my local liq store. They caught my eye but ive never had em

I'd assume it's probably Nanticoke Nectar, which IMO, is a really good, classic IPA.

They make a lot of good stuff though. Definitely worth a try.
I think theyve got 3 diff colors/brews, def gonna grab some next time i stop in.

a coworker just surprised me yesterday with a variety pack from Grand Teton Brewing he just picked up on his trip. Probably nothing special but the thought was awesome and i enjoy trying stuff not available locally

20200115_154008.jpg

It's the most wonderful time of the year.

Store didn't have them in the fridge so didn't drink any last night.

Cracked the mini keg tonight since the weekend is one day away and I can realistically plan to finish a gallon of beer dolo over the next 4 days.

Maybe its me... maybe it's the mini keg from last year that I drank 2 weeks ago. But the hop presence does not seem to be there. The malt taste is too strong for my liking. Missing my cirtus/grapefruit hop profile I love from DIPAs.

It was all over PA last year. Didn’t try, despite THA being one of my all time favorites.

just at the point where I don’t care for more ABVs

Took a trip to NYC for the weekend with my girl. Got blasted at Other Half :lol: man I love that venue in Brooklyn. In a “hobby” that’s predominantly white, it’s cool seeing a lot of minorities represented in its staff and patrons. They also got dope music playing. Went for the Chiefs game and it was packed, definitely a dope time.

Anyways, heres my haul. Splitting the cans with a fellow NTer. Couldnt grab much city we were running around the city all day. FYI, don’t buy the insulated tote bag they sell. Even though it’s only $10, it’s garbage and I somehow convince myself to buy one every time I go to NYC. Probably great for food, terrible for cans as it rips every damn time

4CB6AEC3-6716-4FA9-99BD-F752CD3BC45E.jpeg

^I plan to stay in BK for a night in May

probably booking a place that's a 5 minute walk from OH

looking forward to drinking from the source

^I plan to stay in BK for a night in May

probably booking a place that's a 5 minute walk from OH

looking forward to drinking from the source
Environment is dope. Tiny place that’s bumping Biggie Smalls and Pusha T with neon lights everywhere.

Crazy how small it is. You’d figured they would open up another taproom in the city since they’re literally brewing money.

me and my girl also hit up Haymaker near Penn Station. Check it out if you can. They had some Trillium and Hudson Valley on tap

Environment is dope. Tiny place that’s bumping Biggie Smalls and Pusha T with neon lights everywhere.

Crazy how small it is. You’d figured they would open up another taproom in the city since they’re literally brewing money.

me and my girl also hit up Haymaker near Penn Station. Check it out if you can. They had some Trillium and Hudson Valley on tap
They’re currently working on opening up a tasting room in Williamsburg.

I'll look into it

Not sure where else I may try to checkout...maybe Grimm

Sixpoint isn't far from the area, worth checking out

open to recommendations

I thought Grimm was a bit closer...it’s either on the edge of Williamsburg or west Bushwick

And that can easily take over 30 minutes taking the train which eats up a lot of time when just there for 1 day...but they have enough variety to satisfy me

Or it may make more sense to Uber it 🤷‍♂️

Can’t drink IPAs all day

Funny how opinions vary. I love Other Half beers, but I HATE drinking there. Overcrowded, loud, and filled with finance bros. If I'm going out drinking, I'd much prefer a spot where I don't have to yell over the music, wait 15 minutes to get served, or have to part the Red Sea in order to make my way to the bathroom.

It's fine on weekdays, but Saturdays are trash.

Grimm can also be trash during busier hours. Their space is pretty nice though.

Headed to NYC for MLK Weekend. Gotta contain myself and not buy cans from Other Half I won't end up drinking. Every time I buy a 4-pack of something, I realize I don't want 4 cans of it nor do I want to drink Hazy IPAs regularly since it's so damn filling.

I’m feeling this right now. I still have 2 cases of OH cans from my last visit in November

Funny how opinions vary. I love Other Half beers, but I HATE drinking there. Overcrowded, loud, and filled with finance bros. If I'm going out drinking, I'd much prefer a spot where I don't have to yell over the music, wait 15 minutes to get served, or have to part the Red Sea in order to make my way to the bathroom.

Best time to go?

I’ll be there on a Saturday

I was thinking maybe grab cans around opening to take to my Airbnb then go towards the end of the night for pours

I mean if you live locally and are a regular patron, it’s probably annoying. But for us folk who see it once, maybe twice a year it’s a cool vibe imo

Best time to go?

I’ll be there on a Saturday

I was thinking maybe grab cans around opening to take to my Airbnb then go towards the end of the night for pours
I’d just grab cans when you get your pours at the end of the night. Most cans been lasting days if not weeks

Back
Top Bottom