NT, What type of wallets are ya'll toting?

Originally Posted by 23MichaelJordan45

not my pic

o_Picture_317.jpg
got exact same one. Been 3 years and still looking like new. LV quality
pimp.gif

Hated having a cheap wallet... Qualities nice, but they printed my initials crooked
ohwell.gif

I always said the same thing, what's the purpose of spending money on an expensive wallet, yet I find myself every year or two needing to buy a new one,because the cheap wallet I bought at Target or TJ Maxx is falling apart or looks like crap.

Having said that,
laugh.gif
I'll still probably continue to use my flawed system.

I would love a LV Graphite Damier wallet but it'll be pointless to have the wallet hold more value than its contents
laugh.gif

tri-fold > bi-fold

working @ wilsons leather provides for great quility leather wallets (even if generic).

I've been meaning to get a nicer wallet. Some good suggestions in here. That TH one on the first page is a reasonable price.

I got this wallet for ten bucks:
hundred-dollar-bill-wallet.jpg

It has the rubberband superimposed on both sides to add to the effect
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
Best believe I only got singles in it. Really useful in sparking conversation/laughs.

I use a LV monogram card holder for license, credit cards, etc. I only have 3-4 credit cards so I dont need that many slots. For cash I just use rubber bandsor cram it into my pockets.

I just don't see the point in getting a wallet that blatantly says "This is a Louis Vuitton wallet", or "this is a Gucci wallet." Getsomething that is quality, but subdued.

In February of 2002 I bought a black leather Gucci-bifold ($180 back then), and it lasted for 6 years before it finally started falling apart. It had a tinyGucci logo in the bottom right corner. None of that monogram crap.

I replaced it with a plain buffalo leather Coach bi-fold ($108 at Cabazon Outlet) that I expect to last just as long.

Originally Posted by cityhemms13

nun really special its just a off brand from walmart

yup. they all do the same thing IMO
or maybe im just saying that cause im broke...lol

Basic, black leather Polo card holder ftw.

Affordable and not so cheap that it will fall apart in a year or two.

I got a new one for Christmas yesterday - looks pretty similar to this. It's just a leather bifold with a swoosh on the outside. Exactly the same shape asmy old one - which is just falling apart.

RRP is $60 or so but got it in TJ Maxx for $20. This is the best pic I could find. Mine's plain black.

207p76d.jpg

Originally Posted by eaalto

I just don't see the point in getting a wallet that blatantly says "This is a Louis Vuitton wallet", or "this is a Gucci wallet." Get something that is quality, but subdued.

In February of 2002 I bought a black leather Gucci-bifold ($180 back then), and it lasted for 6 years before it finally started falling apart. It had a tiny Gucci logo in the bottom right corner. None of that monogram crap.

I replaced it with a plain buffalo leather Coach bi-fold ($108 at Cabazon Outlet) that I expect to last just as long.
My thoughts exactly. I love LV quality, but hate almost off of their "Look at me I have LV!" offerings. Damier, Monogram, even Epi iskinda borderline to me...

I have been using that LV taiga leather bifold wallet the OP wanted in the first post for the last year, MUCH better than the cheaper wallets that I used touse. I was one of those people who thought buying an expensive wallet was dumb, but now that I make a decent ammount of cash I figured why not splurge? Let metell you it was one of the best investment I have ever made. I wouldn't ever be able to go back, it's like driving a BMW versus a Chevrolet! So OP ifyou are having trouble deciding which one you want, I vote for the Taiga leather one.

I'm 16 and never had a wallet I just carry money in my pocket I think I also need help.

Originally Posted by J23Diego

I'm 16 and never had a wallet I just carry money in my pocket I think I also need help.

nice i was wondering how old you were

Back
Top Bottom