NTers going through lifestyle changes

The only real lifestyle change I'm trying to make is to be a faithful, one-woman man. Monogamy has been a huge problem for me since high school, but I'm trying to work on my own issues that prevent me from staying in one place at a time. I feel as if this is the primary area of my life that needs improvement.

Other than that, I know I need to crack down on my studies. My first semester of grad school could gone better. But I let myself get caught up in the idea of being "back in college," what with partying and all that. Seeing that C on my transcript woke me up and made me realize that college is over, and this is real. Time to focus. These last two degrees won't earn themselves.

25 in 2 months.

I wake up everyday feeling good.

I feel like I'm great every goddamb day...

How do I improve? By walking out of my apartment.

:pimp:

The only real lifestyle change I'm trying to make is to be a faithful, one-woman man. Monogamy has been a huge problem for me since high school, but I'm trying to work on my own issues that prevent me from staying in one place at a time. I feel as if this is the primary area of my life that needs improvement.

i think about this a lot

ionno man

i gotta quit smoking trees fam
mean.gif

I had two children and got married. I quit most of the **** that was killing me. I still drink, but the pills, coke and heroin are a thing of the past. I'm where I need to be and always thought I deserved to be. I've mellowed out a lot. Family life suits me despite the fact that I never thought I would have it. I was going pretty reckless there for a bit. It kind of got depressing knowing that the only collateral damage would be my immediate family if something awful were to happen. Now it just feels nice to have little ones that I mean the world to.

Quit the trees after smoking like 3 blunts a day for the last 8+ years. (Have had the rec the past 4, I do love Cali) Quit my job of 10 years also. Fortunately my wife makes good $. It was cool finally having free time at first. Now I feel like a worthless bum because I haven't found employment yet and I've been grinding for a few months. It's borderline depressing, but I vowed to myself I won't smoke again at least until I get another job. 4/20 is when I retired out the green game. 3 weeks sober next monday, no major cravings even with my lady smoking in front of me. Willpower is the only thing I gained but that in itself let me know I'm capable of adapting even if one of my few joys in life is currently unavailable for a better cause. We must realize that we can do pretty much anything if we put our minds to it.

Last edited:
a midlife crisis is like in your mid 30's-40's fam...
you still got a bunch of time to screw around... but i kind of understand what you mean

I think you're talking about the quarter life crisis... but pretty sure he got that line from Drake lol.

This is turning out to be a pretty good thread. Eventhough there are age differences i see similar things I went through and currently going through. Will post later as I'm on mobile.

Pretty interesting thread. :pimp:

Got my first nursing job last march. Decided to change my spending habits, only buying necessary things, stopped buying too much shoes and it's been turning out well for me. I just use that extra cash for my fam since last year has been rough for us. Just really lucky to get a full time sched this early. :smile:

Oh and I'm starting to eat healthy too, hopefully I could keep it up :lol:

25 in 2 months.

I wake up everyday feeling good.

I feel like I'm great every goddamb day...

How do I improve? By walking out of my apartment.

:pimp:

Pretty much this my bros...

Living life, Sexy Wife, bought a brand new house, nice cars, make good money, bills paid on time, no kids (yet).... ect.

Ofcourse, there's more for improvement.

Stay up my bros! :smokin

Last few years have been very rocky. Some changes in friendships have changed(for the better). I've gotten closer with some of my family. There's been some good, but a lot of bad as well. Just trying to find a way to live where I'm not miserable.

Last edited:
Living life and being really happy to being diagnosed with a rare congenital defect and having half my right lung removed has been a pretty hard adjustment.

Don't think my life will ever be the same. Can't really do much anymore.

Last edited:
Living life and being really happy to being diagnosed with a rare congenital defect and having half my right lung removed has been a pretty hard adjustment.

Jesus, man. That's awful. I'm sorry to hear that.

Been hitting the gym up hard since January

Cut off some "friends "

Sold all my xbox games so I could study for school

Stoped smoking weed

Damn man, I'm so sorry to hear this :smh:

I love these threads though. It helps put your own life into perspective and realize the strides you've made. I guess for me, I'm finally coming into my own man. After being essentially jobless for over 2 years after I graduated, I landed a job in an industry that I admired since I was a kid. I came across a woman who has changed my life for the better as she serves as an inspiration to me (despite me recognizing this multiple feelings thing). I'm also building my network and making moves by joining a couple of professional organizations and joining a fraternity that I should have saw through when I was in college although I'm joining to actually make a difference in my community.

I was talking with my best friend of 12 years and the father of my godson and I realized that some things and people you eventually have to grow out of. I was messing around with a chick on and off for damn near a decade who would do any and everything for me regardless of whether or not I had a girl or not, I was banging chicks left and right and never had any direction in my life. My circle is very small and I intend to keep it that way...I love my group and we all have each others backs.

Next steps are for me to LOSE THIS WEIGHT, move out of my mom's crib, get a new car, develop a second source of income, travel and craft my hobbies (photography, expanding my podcast and making a multimedia/production group). I can honestly say that while I'm not exactly where I want to be, I'm well on my way.

shout out to everyone in this thread one time :pimp:

Last edited:
cut back on drinking and started exercising more back in january....was drinking beer like hell on my off days (work 12 hour shifts so I'm off 3-4 days a week)

started saving more and cut back blowing money on meaningless things

plan on traveling more because I haven't traveled much the past 5-6 years (traveled a lot up until then).....I really appreciate experiences of new places and I want those stored for when I become old and not able to 

Last edited:
Realizing that I care more about what other people think of me when really no one cares. :lol: I've cut back on sodas, trying to up my water intake. Working on getting to 200 pounds by the end of the year also. Currently looking for a part time job but it's discouraging getting turned down sometimes when you thought for sure you had it. I have also been working on my music craft, think I am getting better but need a better computer.

Back
Top Bottom