NTers in B-school

Hey, I'm in the process of studying for the GMAT right now, hoping to get into a good business school in the DC area next fall.  Any NTers currently in school or on the same road that I am? 

Hey, I'm in the process of studying for the GMAT right now, hoping to get into a good business school in the DC area next fall.  Any NTers currently in school or on the same road that I am? 

I am currently applying and will take the GMAT again pretty soon. What schools are you looking to go to?

I have thought about posting regarding B-School and MBA's in general.

Hopefully we get a decent response.

I am currently applying and will take the GMAT again pretty soon. What schools are you looking to go to?

I have thought about posting regarding B-School and MBA's in general.

Hopefully we get a decent response.

I'm in the D.C. area, so I'm planning on applying to Georgetown, Maryland, and George Washington.  I'm leaning more towards GW because they have a healthcare concentration.  I'm studying for my GMAT right now.  I'm planning on taking it in December/early January.  How'd you do on your first try?  I'm from a management undergrad, so my math isn't quite up to snuff.  Verbal is in the low 40's though without reading my MGMAT verbal study guides yet.

I'm in the D.C. area, so I'm planning on applying to Georgetown, Maryland, and George Washington.  I'm leaning more towards GW because they have a healthcare concentration.  I'm studying for my GMAT right now.  I'm planning on taking it in December/early January.  How'd you do on your first try?  I'm from a management undergrad, so my math isn't quite up to snuff.  Verbal is in the low 40's though without reading my MGMAT verbal study guides yet.

Take as many practice tests as you can before taking the GMAT. Manhattan has a deal where they give you 6 CAT's if you buy just one of their guides. The official practice tests are the closest to the real thing (obviously), and they're free.

Looking to apply in a couple years, but took the GMAT last fall.

Take as many practice tests as you can before taking the GMAT. Manhattan has a deal where they give you 6 CAT's if you buy just one of their guides. The official practice tests are the closest to the real thing (obviously), and they're free.

Looking to apply in a couple years, but took the GMAT last fall.

I got all 8 MGMAT books, and am on the GMATClub forum.  I'm like the minority in there though.  Most of the people are Indian engineers who are great at math but suck at verbal.  I figure if I can get a Q44-46, I can get a V42-46 and get over 700.  We'll see though.  How'd you end up doing?

I got all 8 MGMAT books, and am on the GMATClub forum.  I'm like the minority in there though.  Most of the people are Indian engineers who are great at math but suck at verbal.  I figure if I can get a Q44-46, I can get a V42-46 and get over 700.  We'll see though.  How'd you end up doing?

Was in B-school.. I need 16 or so credits for a Finance minor. I changed my major to Pan-African Studies. My interviewing/interpersonal skills are exceptional, and I am business savvy. I've been in school for too long so I am just looking for a degree now. Pan-African > Finance, though.. I'll grab the minor eventually and do a internship or two, to prepare for MBA or other capital generating endeavors. I want to start a non-profit.

Was in B-school.. I need 16 or so credits for a Finance minor. I changed my major to Pan-African Studies. My interviewing/interpersonal skills are exceptional, and I am business savvy. I've been in school for too long so I am just looking for a degree now. Pan-African > Finance, though.. I'll grab the minor eventually and do a internship or two, to prepare for MBA or other capital generating endeavors. I want to start a non-profit.

^^he must,

I already took the GMAT and am applying this year, gmatclub is the way to go, i just followed those guys suggestions and was pretty active on those boards during my prep.

If you get into G-town you have to go there, it CRUSHES the others in every way. Darden is the best in the area but if you want to stay in DC then its not a good fit.
All of this is assuming you are doing the full time program and will be looking for a job afterwards.
The most important thing to consider is what industry and company you want to work in.
For someone like myself who want to work in management consulting G-town doesn't cut it.
I was recently speaking to a adcom there and she flat out said if you want Management Consulting we cant help you get into a top 3 company.

My top choices are chi, duke, and ross.

Let keep this thread going, but gmatclub has all the answers, its a phenomenal site.

^^he must,

I already took the GMAT and am applying this year, gmatclub is the way to go, i just followed those guys suggestions and was pretty active on those boards during my prep.

If you get into G-town you have to go there, it CRUSHES the others in every way. Darden is the best in the area but if you want to stay in DC then its not a good fit.
All of this is assuming you are doing the full time program and will be looking for a job afterwards.
The most important thing to consider is what industry and company you want to work in.
For someone like myself who want to work in management consulting G-town doesn't cut it.
I was recently speaking to a adcom there and she flat out said if you want Management Consulting we cant help you get into a top 3 company.

My top choices are chi, duke, and ross.

Let keep this thread going, but gmatclub has all the answers, its a phenomenal site.

heres a post i cam across about Gtown BTW:

I found this website when I was working on my application to the Class of 2012 at MSB/Georgetown. I suspect Georgetown didn't intend for this site to go public (it looks like a mock-up site), but since a Google Search for "Georgetown MBA Welcome Week" returns this link as a top search result, I am passing it along to you. It lists dates for welcome weekends, information about next steps for admits, and much much more.

https://digitalcommons.ge...wn.edu/blogs/mbawelcome/

This YouTube video provides a virtual tour of the business school building at Georgetown:

Information on Georgetown's laptop requirements, and other tech-related info:

http://technology.msb.edu/highlights/newstudent.htm

NOTE: while the school doesn't "officially" support Macs, many students have them. If you plan on having a Mac, you need to get parallels or a virtual machine so that you can also run Windows.

Enjoy!

heres a post i cam across about Gtown BTW:

I found this website when I was working on my application to the Class of 2012 at MSB/Georgetown. I suspect Georgetown didn't intend for this site to go public (it looks like a mock-up site), but since a Google Search for "Georgetown MBA Welcome Week" returns this link as a top search result, I am passing it along to you. It lists dates for welcome weekends, information about next steps for admits, and much much more.

https://digitalcommons.ge...wn.edu/blogs/mbawelcome/

This YouTube video provides a virtual tour of the business school building at Georgetown:

Information on Georgetown's laptop requirements, and other tech-related info:

http://technology.msb.edu/highlights/newstudent.htm

NOTE: while the school doesn't "officially" support Macs, many students have them. If you plan on having a Mac, you need to get parallels or a virtual machine so that you can also run Windows.

Enjoy!

Thanks for the info.  Unfortunately, I'm going to have to go part-time.  That's why I'm leaning toward GW(they also have a healthcare MBA).  I'm currently in the healthcare field, and would like to stay in it.  I think that getting my MBA would be a great way to get a leg up.  It would also help me get commissioned in the Medical Service Corps in the Navy.  Unless I score a 750+ and get offered a scholarship, I think I'm going to stay in the Navy and go to school part-time.  The only downside to McDonough is that their part-time program is 3 years, whereas UM and GW are only 2.  Darden is too far away.

Thanks for the info.  Unfortunately, I'm going to have to go part-time.  That's why I'm leaning toward GW(they also have a healthcare MBA).  I'm currently in the healthcare field, and would like to stay in it.  I think that getting my MBA would be a great way to get a leg up.  It would also help me get commissioned in the Medical Service Corps in the Navy.  Unless I score a 750+ and get offered a scholarship, I think I'm going to stay in the Navy and go to school part-time.  The only downside to McDonough is that their part-time program is 3 years, whereas UM and GW are only 2.  Darden is too far away.

Back
Top Bottom