NTers, What's your current GPA?

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

Add Fortune 500 companies and professional services firms to that list.

Can we please break out of the conformity? There is more to medicine and providing people with care than going to school for 8 years and paying thousands of dollars to become a doctor...
Of course GPA isn't completely irrelevant....but my point is think outside the box for once...creativity is more important....in a lot of ways GPA has become an indication of how good you kiss %++. 

Creativity goes a long way in many professions....medicine, science, engineering, but if you're too stupid to understand the basics none of that matters. I would hope my civil engineer possesses both brains and creativity-i don't want a bridge that looks nice but will crumble and kill people as soon as someone steps on it. Same goes for medicine, these days most people applying have the "numbers"-they clearly use other factors to decide who they take when all things are equal.

BDW most doctors complain about how much they pay to go to med school because its their way of venting for being overworked
ohwell.gif
, but most of them pay it off and make more money than 99.9 percent of the people who live on this planet. And a lot of people get hefty scholarships to go to med school. Word to my sis
smokin.gif
Hard factors (GPA/Test Scores) matter most for Law & Med school. Possibly specialized graduate programs too like PhDs. Soft factors such as work experience, extra-curricular activities, value added, etc. matter a hell of a lot more with regards to B-School.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

Add Fortune 500 companies and professional services firms to that list.

Can we please break out of the conformity? There is more to medicine and providing people with care than going to school for 8 years and paying thousands of dollars to become a doctor...
Of course GPA isn't completely irrelevant....but my point is think outside the box for once...creativity is more important....in a lot of ways GPA has become an indication of how good you kiss %++. 

Creativity goes a long way in many professions....medicine, science, engineering, but if you're too stupid to understand the basics none of that matters. I would hope my civil engineer possesses both brains and creativity-i don't want a bridge that looks nice but will crumble and kill people as soon as someone steps on it. Same goes for medicine, these days most people applying have the "numbers"-they clearly use other factors to decide who they take when all things are equal.

BDW most doctors complain about how much they pay to go to med school because its their way of venting for being overworked
ohwell.gif
, but most of them pay it off and make more money than 99.9 percent of the people who live on this planet. And a lot of people get hefty scholarships to go to med school. Word to my sis
smokin.gif
Hard factors (GPA/Test Scores) matter most for Law & Med school. Possibly specialized graduate programs too like PhDs. Soft factors such as work experience, extra-curricular activities, value added, etc. matter a hell of a lot more with regards to B-School.

indifferent.gif
(4.0 in Major as of now)
Just finished first year at The University of Tennessee- Knoxville
Rec/Sport mgmt with a business minor
c/o 2014
Was intoxicated 80% of the year, so I must say that I'm impressed with myself
pimp.gif

indifferent.gif
(4.0 in Major as of now)
Just finished first year at The University of Tennessee- Knoxville
Rec/Sport mgmt with a business minor
c/o 2014
Was intoxicated 80% of the year, so I must say that I'm impressed with myself
pimp.gif

davizzy- I went to a CC and now im at Vtech getting a masters!!! Work your behind there and get out ASAP

davizzy- I went to a CC and now im at Vtech getting a masters!!! Work your behind there and get out ASAP

Back
Top Bottom