NTers with kids, BEWARE of trampoline parks!

It’s the kids which in turn reflects on the parents. Kids don’t even go outside and play anymore so parents aren’t used to kids getting scraped up and hurt. I had a new cut on my knee every weekend. I learned how to treat a wound by the age of 9. Like real talk I could probably stitch y’all up just off memory :lol:
The going outside point is a little different.

I don't think kids stay in the house because they are softer, they simply have more technological options than we did.

I see it every year when it comes to these kids and participating in sports

Bruh...while danger is ans always was present, the world we or our parents grew up in was totally different than this current world.

I was talking to a coworker who is much older. He was describing how he would leave his home on the morning as a kid and go where ever...and his parents had no idea where he went or what he was doing.

That simply can't work in today's world. Active shooters, baby snatchers, ust general *******s who lack a moral compass. World is different man.

Bruh...while danger is ans always was present, the world we or our parents grew up in was totally different than this current world.

I was talking to a coworker who is much older. He was describing how he would leave his home on the morning as a kid and go where ever...and his parents had no idea where he went or what he was doing.

That simply can't work in today's world. Active shooters, baby snatchers, ust general *******s who lack a moral compass. World is different man.
honestly
all that was going on back then
just we insulat the kids more now
to TRY and protect them from it
which in effect
makes them more susceptible
like kids aint street smart these days either
being street smart is essential when ur an adult imo
helps cut through the bs

Put one of those giant trampolines underneath my friend's 2nd story bedroom, which wasn't too far from his pool. Idea was to jump out the window at an angle and launch into the pool. Son landed wrong, went squirrely and landed flat on the grass on his back from about 15-20 feet up.

Put one of those giant trampolines underneath my friend's 2nd story bedroom, which wasn't too far from his pool. Idea was to jump out the window at an angle and launch into the pool. Son landed wrong, went squirrely and landed flat on the grass on his back from about 15-20 feet up.
:rofl:
i know u was worried at first
but proud after the fact that he did it and came out fine
he did come out fine though right....................

:rofl:
i know u was worried at first
but proud after the fact that he did it and came out fine
he did come out fine though right....................

Yeah dude came out of it laughing. Just as easily could've been a broken neck. This was back when we were like 15. Probably high. Mad reckless.

honestly
which in effect
helps cut through the bs
As i said at the start of my post, danger is and always was present. And I do think the reporting of these incidents is what has increased the most, just like police brutality. However, im still not conveinced it was as common back then as it is now.

Theres one near my house that my my daughter loves going to.

I always bring her during toddler hours which is weekdays from 10am to 2pm. There is barely anyone there when we go. Maybe like 2-5 other kids so theres never any issues.
I wouldn't let my 3 year old jump if there was older kids around

As i said at the start of my post, danger is and always was present. And I do think the reporting of these incidents is what has increased the most, just like police brutality. However, im still not conveinced it was as common back then as it is now.
u lived in the hood????
cause it was the same or worse back then

I used to love jumping and doing backflips on trampolines. Hell we thought were WWF/E wrestlers back then. Last year we threw a birthday party for my 10 year old. About an hour into it, my wife's cousin came carrying my 5 year old and he was screaming his *** off. We just assumed he landed wrong but as I was holding him, he wouldn't even let me move him at all. We sang happy birthday and then I bounced to the hospital. Come to find out, he broke his leg. The damage was right under the knee cap and into the fibula if I remember correctly. That **** made me feel like the worse parent man :smh:

On a positive note, he had a full recover and is whooping *** in his soccer league now :smokin

Last edited:
honestly
which in effect
helps cut through the bs

It was def going on back in the day, unfortunately we are bombarded with all the horror stories via the news and social media so we are hearing about all those problems so much faster now
But kids are "softer" now because we try to shelter them from so much that we don't realize that the bumps and bruises that we saved them from are the same ones that made us stronger.

Had this convo with my wife a year ago, she was telling me that we should allow our son watch some more mature shows/movies because he's getting older and we can't keep trying to baby him away from movies with sex scenes, cursing, & violence anymore of we gon stunt his growth mentally. He's 13 and I had to think to myself and remember at his age I had seen some things and I turned out relatively aight so I had to stop only seeing him as a lil kid and realize he a preteen

Theres one near my house that my my daughter loves going to.

I always bring her during toddler hours which is weekdays from 10am to 2pm. There is barely anyone there when we go. Maybe like 2-5 other kids so theres never any issues.
I wouldn't let my 3 year old jump if there was older kids around

Went to one of these parks a few months ago and my girls love it. Didn't go during toddler hours but we stayed in the smaller kid area the majority of the time. Had to tell some seemingly grown couple (read 17-20 yr olds) that they needed to leave the lil kid area and hop somewhere else. Felt like the dude wanted to say something slick, I was ready smack the piercing out his lip. They ended up walkin' away tho

My take on these parks is simple and has been stated, not everything is gon be safe and some fun stuff is dangerous. Learn how to have fun safely and have fun.

America is so soft these days. Who knew if you do something risky there could be consequences? Smh.

Oh no, better not go swimming because other people have drowned....

A lot of us did a lot of dumb, fun **** when we were kids because we had little to no supervision. Because you don't want your kids doing the same **** doesn't mean you're soft. I encourage my kids to ride roller coasters, ride bikes, play sports etc. but I don't necessarily want them riding a bike without a helmet just because I did it.

ehhh..... idk, helmets is dorky :lol:
Nah bruh I feel you but it's just me using it as an example :lol: I bought one for my 5 year and he cool with it because it matches his Spider-Man bike. My 10 yr old watched me buy it, opened it up at home just to say he too old for it. Like bruh, you could have spoke up in the store before letting me waste $20 :smh:

Point being just because we did it, doesn't mean we want our kids doing it.

Took my lil man to his cousins bday party
I take back my comments
These things are DEATH TRAPS :sick:
Even the bigger kids got a risk of snapping their neck in one of these places
That’ll be our first and last time :sick:

Back
Top Bottom