NT's All Time NBA ReDraft Thread: GR8 Write Up Page 187, Bracket Final Vote

I need to see it already. He been talkin about it for days, he needs to post the damn thing already so I can clear my schedule. :lol:

Got a chuckle or-2 out of this team = Arizin & Johnston are 50's / 60's players, that played the majority of their careers before I was born, and or before I graduated from diapers /// or in other words > I'm not THAT old !!!!
3rd chuckle w/b for Kristaps ??? What? no Darko !! >> for that one, I guess you dust off the old > "I was born at night, but not LAST night"

My usual rule of thumb for a lot of these players, is that they fall in the pre-evolution category -- many of them didn't even have JUMP shots, dribbled with strong hand only, etc. >> so it's a really tough call to conjecture if their "game" would fare in modern times ?? -- My best example from a player that I actually DID see is Oscar Robertson -- has was good, DAMN good -- but I could probably come up with 10-names ahead of him.....

VERY sure (?!!) you'll recall what I've said about Pistol Pete....who is simply a player for the ages !!! >> He would have KILLED with the 3-pt line !!! -- Think you may also remember, he & West are my starters at guard on my "All White" team // Lenny Wilkins was superb -- would EASILY make the All-Star team TODAY !!

Dave Cowens was a 6'9" Center who played with the post-Russell / pre-Larry Celtics -- a good solid pick, with excellent mid-range game to offset his lack of post-up -- and very solid defender /// Carr was All-World as a College player out of Notre Dame -- His NBA "career" was pretty much a bug on the windshield (SPLAT!) --

Awesome starting five here = I'd go with -- Wilkins-1 / Pete-2 / Larry-3 / Cowens-4 / & Patrick in the middle

JRS, my father approves. :lol:

JRS, my father approves. :lol:

Copy and paste what he said about my team!

the other guy actually has a solid team, with the only real wart being Howell -- who bounced from team to team (mostly in the 60's) and never really impressed me all that much...can think of at LEAST 10 other forwards from that era to choose from before even THINKING about him -- // Bill Sharman was an excellent player, but nowhere near the ATHLETE that evolved after the game changed in the late 70's / early 80's **of course you ARE aware that he led the LA Lakers to the promised land for the 1st time as a brilliant coach.... he would be a white guy warming pine in today's game // ... and of his 2 "modern" players >> you already know well enough, that Hardaway & Jackson are fairly lame picks // Havlicek is his best player (he's on my All-Time ALL White team, but not a starter)

i was talking to my dad about my team. We loved any player before 1990 that I had :lol:
His first question was, who drafted Russell, the best player in his eyes lol

Back
Top Bottom