NT's LEGAL Gun Thread UPDATE...First Youtube Firearm Review Page 61

M4 is going to be select fire and an AR15 is going to be semi only so your access to an a real M4 unless its a department issue is going to be nil. But there are plenty of AR15s out there that have

the M203 cutout like the M4 does such as mine. But the only real difference is the M4 is select fire and ARs are semi only.

picked up 5 wilson combat mags from Maryland Small Arms range/store for 25 each.
pimp.gif

I guess if you aren't a 1911 fan, that means nothing.  

M4's also have a barrel length of 14.5" and AR-15's are usually 16" and longer, but if you live outside of CA you might be able to get 14.5" and not have to modify the flash hider to make it state legal. In CA, if your barrel is 14.5" you have to change the flash hider to a longer one and has to be pinned down to be permanent. For anything shorter than a 14.5" it has to be made into an AR pistol SINGLE SHOT... Shoot one and reload another round lol, CA has crappy gun laws.

^ you need moar pics of that operator you posted 
happy.gif

how much did you spend if you don't mind me asking?

also, looking to get a new 1911 4" (easier to carry) and a couple of simple mods for my A1 (new trigger, beavertail, slide release, hammer).

any tips, good sir (or brands/things to look for) ?

Lol, yeah I need a decent camera to take better pics. I spent $1,200+ for it. I know its kinda high, but I'm in CA. You might want to look into Kimber and Springfield Armory.
http://www.springfield-ar...com/ar...php?version=8
I'm not sure if your into that color way but check out their stuff.
Between me and my Dad we have 4 Springfields(3 1911s, and 1 XD-45) and 1 Kimber. Springfield has my vote and they have a lifetime warranty to go with it. The Operator is my favorite of them all lol. I've only used it once and shot about 15-25 rounds, its got a nice crispy trigger at about a 4.5-5lbs of pull, recoil spring is pretty heavy, no play between slide and frame and a match grade barrel. This thing is a beast is all I can say haha. I know its not a Wilson Combat or Nighthawk but its on the shooters skill that counts lol.

Originally Posted by AR Guy

Originally Posted by eteam o2

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

Finished(for now) product.
>
Nice Black Rifle. If you don't mind could you list your accesories. I know for sure I see the Magpul foregrip.

specs

14.5" DD LW Middy barrel on a DD upper receiver

Pinned battlecomp 1.5

magpul afg2

magpul midlength moe handguard

magpul miad grip/trigger guard

S&W M&P15 Lower receiver- LPK from G&R tactical

VLTOR A1 Rifle stock

magpul dynamics sling
Are you in Cali?

NJ, why do you ask?

specs

Pinned battlecomp 1.5

magpul afg2

VLTOR A1 Rifle stock

magpul dynamics sling
Are you in Cali?

NJ, why do you ask?

Just wondering if you were in a state with an AWB.

specs

Pinned battlecomp 1.5

magpul afg2

VLTOR A1 Rifle stock

magpul dynamics sling
Are you in Cali?

NJ, why do you ask?

Just wondering if you were in a state with an AWB.

some would argue that nj is worse than CA when it concerns 2A rights... but yes we do have an AWB

Originally Posted by DRFT n Dunks

Anyone know when BCM gets stock of their Complete Uppers? I've been waiting for a 16" upper.

16" Mid length's and M4's are in stock right now so you better hurry.

Ruger GP100 with Hogue grip added to my collection this weekend. Excuse the crappy cellphone pic
50e156ec43ad56314c60ea05c15f4f17116264c.pjpg

M4 is going to be select fire and an AR15 is going to be semi only so your access to an a real M4 unless its a department issue is going to be nil. But there are plenty of AR15s out there that have

the M203 cutout like the M4 does such as mine. But the only real difference is the M4 is select fire and ARs are semi only.
lol that sucks.... i get what ur saying though....

i been looking at the beretta cx4 storm as a duty rifle, would that be an ideal law enforcement weapon even though its considered  a "pistol rifle"

Originally Posted by Xavier

lol that sucks.... i get what ur saying though....

i been looking at the beretta cx4 storm as a duty rifle, would that be an ideal law enforcement weapon even though its considered  a "pistol rifle"
As an officer, if it is time to deploy your rifle that probably means your pistol was not enough so why would you get a pistol with just a longer barrel? If I were in your position I would choose an AR15.

People can argue all day about 9mm vs .45 but 5.56>all of them. Especially when your're talking about the 75-77gr OTM rounds. If you notice SWAT teams all across the country are trading in their

subguns for ARs and there's a reason for that
wink.gif

.45 All day though lol... but 5.56 is very versatile, especially with the 24" barrels... They can reach out pretty far with heavier gr. bullets of course.

Originally Posted by jaydunks

Ruger GP100 with Hogue grip added to my collection this weekend. Excuse the crappy cellphone pic
50e156ec43ad56314c60ea05c15f4f17116264c.pjpg
Jelly!  I've been wanting a 4" GP100 for the longest but I've putting it off for YEARS.  My favorite 'practical' .357mag!

so im tryna cop my first weapon and im looking at some black rifles

i research CT gun laws and find out we have a AWB ughhhhh

so basically if i get an AR the only features it can have is limited to 2 out of the 6 "evil features".......which would limit to only pistol grip and detachable mag SMH i need to move

Originally Posted by blacktopking319

so im tryna cop my first weapon and im looking at some black rifles

i research CT gun laws and find out we have a AWB ughhhhh

so basically if i get an AR the only features it can have is limited to 2 out of the 6 "evil features".......which would limit to only pistol grip and detachable mag SMH i need to move
The main reason I could never move to California is their terrible gun laws. Also if you haven't heard CT is trying to ban magazines over 10 rounds
30t6p3b.gif

Thats not my pic by the way lol... I'd never have a setup like that.
Here in CA, we can have a pistol grip and adjustable butt stock, just gotta have a "Fixed 10 round Magazine" and a bullet button. If you had "Normal Capacity aka HIGH CAP mags" before those weak *** gun laws, its ok to have. We cant have AR lowers made by Colt, Armalite, DPMS and Bushmaster... I'm sure I'm missing a couple names but those are the big names that I remember.

haven't shot in a long while, thinking about getting a .22 just for some simple target shooting though

Originally Posted by bjamez20

thinking about getting a .22 just for some simple target shooting though
truth. It's getting hard paying $25-$30 a box for range ammo. Since watching TopShot, I been really thinking bout a little 22 pistol.

Gunshow Friday in VA (Dulles Expo Center) + payday= new toys
pimp.gif

thinking about picking up a Mosin-Nagant, theres a spot in the country that will install and zero for free as long as you buy from them. Definitely need something for that long range touch (plus, it looks a lot less scary than my dpms panther)

Also, Ive been shooting my .223 a bit lately, im sure it needs a good cleaning and lube. What are the essentials I'll need to break it down? 

Back
Top Bottom