*OFFICAL* L.A Dodgers Spring Training Thread! Vol. Baseball is almost here!

A lot of what happens this off-season is going to be based on if they management thinks Schmidt can be healthy for the season. If he can be, then they can go after ARod. If not, then the starting rotation will have to be addressed.
TEAM DODGERS // TEAMCLIPPERS

If the Indians knock off NYY, I'm 90.9% sure AROD won't be back in NY.

At least I hope.

All I know is that, Colleti better not sign some washed up Giants player, or any player he's had "ties" with - because that always ends up in a disaster.

& ironman well put together sir :pimp:
pimp.gif

I forgot about Tsao - I liked what he brought to the table, but the injury bug has caught the dude too.

Call me a LaRoche hater, but I guess its because dude is always injured in the minors, which is a major red flag to begin with.

So I've been thinking ... it looks like Dodgers might bring in Chad Moeller to be Martin's backup, would the Dodgers consider picking up Piazza to be Martin's backup & also backup 1B. He can retire in Dodger blue :pimp:
pimp.gif

Oh yeah, I'm posting from my sidekick and you just read my sig.

not sure if it's been said, but I could've sworn Kent's option was a PLAYER's option, not a team.

-J-
TEAMNEWENGLANDPATRIOTS​

TEAM PS3
PLAY B3YOND

If we cant package LaRoche for a BIG name I would definitely hold on to him.

He did do pretty bad when he came up, but you can't expect every rook to come out blazing like the others did.

It's easy to say, " hold on to Loney, Kemp, Bill, etc " after seeing them perform like they did. This is really just plain common sense. It's also easy to say, " dump this LaRoche dude, he hasn't done a thing."

I still say unless we get a great trade offer, we hold on to him. He has a lot of potential and has showed it before.

There's no reason to send him back down to AAA. We've seen what he can do there, he tore it up.

I would let ALR start at 3B on opening day.
!! A YOU !!
!! NIKE IN 06 !!
LOOK OUT FOR LONEY. KEEP AN EYE ON KEMP. MIND THIS DUDE MARTIN.​

I see ALL dodger fans have BIG expectations this year, thas wassup :pimp:
pimp.gif

EFF medicority, give us a championship!!!

These playoffs need to be over asap

Quote:
Over Arod or Cabrera? Good Luck with that
ing LaRoche over ARod or Cabrera - but we dont have either one of them yet.

Assuming we pick up neither, I say start him at 3B.

If they want Kemp + more for Cabrera I wouldnt even bother.

Now if we can sign Arod, do it, PERIOD.

He's the best player in the league.

If it was a perfect world I would have:

Pierre + Eithier traded (Eithier has a way higher value, as of now, than ALR, but I see ALR surpassing him next season)
Arod picked up and placed at 3B
Torii placed as our CF
LaRoche moved to LF

Making it

1. Furcal SS
2. Martin C
3. Loney 1B
4. Rodriguez 3B
5. Kemp RF
6. Hunter CF
7. Kent/Young 2B
8. LaRoche LF

= curtains/WS favorite :wow:
eek.gif
!! A YOU !!
!! NIKE IN 06 !!

Quote:
1. Furcal SS
2. Martin C
3. Loney 1B
4. Rodriguez 3B
5. Kemp RF
6. Hunter CF
7. Kent/Young 2B
8. LaRoche LF

:smokin
smokin.gif
:smokin
smokin.gif
:pimp:
pimp.gif
:lol:
laugh.gif

Team Dodgers
55 . 59 .
63 . 65 . 81 . 88
Koufax, Drysdale, Gibson, Valenzuela, Hershiser, Piazza, Loney
RAIDER NATION

If you want one of the big four FA center fielders our best bet, I hate to say this, is Andruw Jones.

I think Hunter is going to stay in the AL, and based on how things are going in Philly, Rowand is staying put. Regardless, Kenny Williams has a hard on for Rowand and has been quoted as saying that he regrets trading him away.

Jones stated he wants to play in warm weather, which leaves SD, LA, FLA or ANA. I just know that Boras is going to ask for a ton of cash. I wouldn't give Jones more than a 5-6 year deal at $16-$17 per. Then we will have to trade either Kemp or Ethier.

Cameron is another, cheaper, yet productive option.

Quote:
If you want one of the big four FA center fielders our best bet, I hate to say this, is Andruw Jones.

I would stay away from this. It's not worth the risk considering what happened this season.

Quote:
Jones stated he wants to play in warm weather, which leaves SD, LA, FLA or ANA. I just know that Boras is going to ask for a ton of cash.

Exactly, and a long term contract.

Quote:
I wouldn't give Jones more than a 5-6 year deal at $16-$17 per. Then we will have to trade either Kemp or Ethier.

This is a no brainer for me. Dont do it.

Quote:
Cameron is another, cheaper, yet productive option.
!! A YOU !!
!! NIKE IN 06 !!

Personally, I would take Rowand over Jones and Cameron with Hunter coming in closely behind him. Better Avg., Slg., Obp., Ops., Most Hits, Most runs, More games. He's always been a gamer, to me.

Like Iron said I wouldn't dish out more than 16-17 Mil for Andruw this offseason. Maybe this time last year I would've said otherwise. He had something like 26 HR & 94 RBI... and his Avg. was horrible. .229? Something like that.

A lot of people are saying Ethier drops off at the end of the year and so on. True. I don't exactly remember last year, but this year... there was a point where Little was batting him in the 3, 5, 6, slots. Towards the end of the year, right when Loney & Kemp got hot taking up those slots, he was put mostly in the 8 hole. I don't think he saw as many good pitches as when he was batting higher in the lineup. (Again, this is one of many small details I can't understand about Little. He'll bat Gonzo in the 5 or even 4 slot and bat Ethier 8th...)

I've heard repeatedly about how immature Kemp is or stuff along those lines. Did he say something about Kent when he directed comments at the Youth? All I remember reading was that for one game he didn't catch the "early" bus to the park to take extra BP with a lot of the younger players. I've never seen dude complain in the dugout, on the field, to A Martinez, or any other writer/broadcaster. Did I miss something? I hope we all don't believe what Simers & Plaschke have to say.

I'm alright with a an OF of Pierre, Kemp, and Ethier. Kemp was only in 98 games. Play him everyday and he will produce more. Same with Ethier. He was in 150+ games but he didn't start all of them. A lot of times he was a defensive replacement for Gonzo is LF. Play him everyday and let him get in a groove.

They said the stat the other day on Dodgertalk about the total amount of different lineups the Dodgers had this year. I think it was something like 138 or near there. How can a team be consistent if players cannot find their role. One day they hit cleanup the next day they bat 8th then sit for two games. Make a lineup and stick with it. I'd be uneasy about coming to work everyday and not knowing what I'm supposed to do.

I'm not saying to never rest or bench a player, but I have a lot of doubt of how Grady shuffles the lineup. Hopefully next year without Gonzo we see a more consistent outfield and batting order.

Pierre [L]
Furcal
Kemp [R]
Loney [L]
Kent [R] / (Young, Abreu - move to 8 slot)
Martin[R]
Ethier [L]
Nomar [R] / ALR [R]
P

...that'd be my lineup with the players currently on the roster.

EquipoTRIcolor​

Lets take this back to the top.

Quote:
Personally, I would take Rowand over Jones and Cameron with Hunter coming in closely behind him. Better Avg., Slg., Obp., Ops., Most Hits, Most runs, More games. He's always been a gamer, to me.
:lol:
laugh.gif
. However, I don't think he will go West of Chicago. He is going to get more than Byrnes (3year-$30million).
Los Angeles Dodgers​
6 World Series Championships​
LET THE RIOT BE THE RHYME OF THE UNHEARD!​

I have a feeling Rowand will sign back with the Phillies, he's a perfect dude in that city.

But, if Rowand wants to come back home (he did go to CSUF - eff the OC btw) - so L.A I'm sure will embrace dudes toughness with open hearts.
Anyways, good to see NYY get hammered by Indians today, let them get swept and A Rod will fall into the dodger's hands :pimp:
pimp.gif

A Rod in dodger blue in 08' someone post a photoshop of dude

Yankee's lose again today, give us AROD :pimp:
pimp.gif

*update - dodgers released: olmedo saenz, robert hernandez & shea hillenbrand

It looks like the twins might re-sign torii hunter & aaron rowand might go back to CHW or PHILLS.

Dodgers are not picking up Randy Wolfe's option & are letting tsao walk as well.

Plasche came out saying arod aint going to the dodgers, bla bla bla, but dude has the worst information ever.

I'm still crossing my fingers that a.rod comes to the dodgers.

^^ I just think A-Rod is going to stay in the AL..

And as far as Miguel Cabrera, they are not going to give up a solid player like Kemp in order to get a chubby Cabrera at 3rd.

I have a feeling nothing is going to go down, they are going to stick with the young talent, and pick up a filler here and there.

They will be in the hunt for Torii Hunter, and Andrew Jones.
TEAM LAKERS
DODGERS
1955 - 1959 - 1963 - 1965 - 1981 - 1988​
TEAM L.A. KINGS

Quote:
1. Furcal SS
2. Martin C
3. Loney 1B
4. Rodriguez 3B
5. Kemp RF
6. Hunter CF
7. Kent/Young 2B
8. LaRoche LF
:pimp:
pimp.gif
TeamClippers
GET WELL EB42/SL14
Cassell-Mobley-Maggette-T.Thomas-Kaman-Ross-Knight-Patterson-Powell-Thornton-Dickau-Korolev-P.Davis
OJ MAYO
10.28.07 FIGHT ON!!!

^^ Where's our $45 million dollar man Juan Pierre in that lineup?? :lol:
laugh.gif
TEAM LAKERS
DODGERS
1955 - 1959 - 1963 - 1965 - 1981 - 1988
TEAM L.A. KINGS

I was hoping that we'd find a way to 86 that fool.
TeamClippers
GET WELL EB42/SL14​
Cassell-Mobley-Maggette-T.Thomas-Kaman-Ross-Knight-Patterson-Powell-Thornton-Dickau-Korolev-P.Davis
OJ MAYO
10.28.07 FIGHT ON!!!

Torre as skipper
bring back colby as pitching coach

that is all for now
TEAM XBOX360​
.:GAMERTAG= CincoSeisDos​
"Find your dreams come true...And i Wonder, if you know, what it means, what it means, to find your dreams....."

According to ESPN, the Dodgers are working on a buyout of Grady Little's contract, in order to offer Joe Torre the managerial job in L.A.

And if Torre comes to LA, he would bring his coaching staff, one of whom is Don Mattingly, who's son is in the Dodgers organization.

Joe Torre has been heard saying he loves L.A., and would love to manage here.

This should be an interesting offseason.
TEAM LAKERS
DODGERS
1955 - 1959 - 1963 - 1965 - 1981 - 1988​
TEAM L.A. KINGS

little SUCKS so Torre would be a upgrade but i want arod and it seems like arod doesnt like torre

TEAMlateNIGHT
>WE NEVER SLEEP<
Lets go Bulls, UCLA,Dodgers and Cowboys!
TEAMCOWBOYS

A-Rod is next!!!

/ / /

Team Dodgers
55 . 59 .
63 . 65 . 81 . 88
Koufax, Drysdale, Gibson, Valenzuela, Hershiser, Piazza, Loney
RAIDER NATION

Back
Top Bottom