OFFICIAL 2009/2010 EPL Season Post

Originally Posted by SinnerP

But like you said, they'll probably win the appeal... the big clubs usually do.
co-sign that...or at least have the ban cut from two transfer windows to just one...

Frankly, I believe in part with the ban, you just can't go around raiding other teams players in this manner.
Firstly this is bad business for future transfers, teams may be reluctant to negotiate with you based on past transfers and the way the've gone down (seeKakuta, Obi Mikel, Shevchenko).
Secondly sometimes there is no point in signing a player so young who will not see playing time for a few years. Unless he is some wonderkid who will playimmediately, it may be best to let the kid fully develop for his current team and pick him up when he has matured more, even if it means fending off otherteams for his signature and paying a larger transfer fee. Right now Kakuta is on the reserve squad, and I doubt he'll become a first team member thisseason or the next. He could've been playing first team ball in France right now and getting better.

The other part of me believes that they are trying to make an unjust example out of Chelsea. Most of the big teams probably do this, they flex their economicmuscle and use their status. I'm pretty sure this is done with even younger players too, when teams want to take them away from their youth academies. Mostteams who sign young players probably resolve to these tactics.

Any way you put it this it might hurt us, where we could of bought some players in the January transfer window to replace some due to the ACN, and possibleinjuries.

^^^

Good points, but I really believe that Chelsea will appeal and have their ban reduced to just one window. For the reasons you mentioned above, (he's young,he doesnt' play on the first time, he hasn't made an immediate impact on chelsea's success) the ban will be reduced to just the winter transferwindow. I think if their dealings were with a bigger player that can make a more immediate impact on the first team, the 2 window ban would be justified. (i.e.madrids pursuit of alonso.)

regardless, bad business is bad business. And for a big club like chelsea to go knocking on a teenagers door like that, they deserve some sort of punishment. Ijust think 2 windows is excessive.

roll.gif
@ chel$ki
Like others have said though...chelsea will probably win the appeal and be banned for only one transfer window...word to AS Roma.

Originally Posted by r9brockburst

Frankly, I believe in part with the ban, you just can't go around raiding other teams players in this manner.
Firstly this is bad business for future transfers, teams may be reluctant to negotiate with you based on past transfers and the way the've gone down (see Kakuta, Obi Mikel, Shevchenko).
Secondly sometimes there is no point in signing a player so young who will not see playing time for a few years. Unless he is some wonderkid who will play immediately, it may be best to let the kid fully develop for his current team and pick him up when he has matured more, even if it means fending off other teams for his signature and paying a larger transfer fee. Right now Kakuta is on the reserve squad, and I doubt he'll become a first team member this season or the next. He could've been playing first team ball in France right now and getting better.

The other part of me believes that they are trying to make an unjust example out of Chelsea. Most of the big teams probably do this, they flex their economic muscle and use their status. I'm pretty sure this is done with even younger players too, when teams want to take them away from their youth academies. Most teams who sign young players probably resolve to these tactics.

Any way you put it this it might hurt us, where we could of bought some players in the January transfer window to replace some due to the ACN, and possible injuries.

I agree with that statement except with it being unjust, thats subjective. Its like the whole thing with Eduardo. I think its just a matter that it needs tostop and it needs to stop now and they just made examples of Chelski and Scum. Fair enough.

What I meant to say is that they could of done a more thorough investigation of other teams, and punished more than one team. The way it looks now is that theyare trying to drop the hammer on Chelsea, so hopefully now this scare tactic will ward off other teams from doing these sorts of deals. I also think 2 transferperios is alot, if they really want to punish them, they should take away the summer transfer window, where the biggest players are bought (more time fornegotiation, not being cup tied, pre-season training, etc.).

Originally Posted by nesto0o0o

Originally Posted by r9brockburst

Firstly this is bad business for future transfers, teams may be reluctant to negotiate with you based on past transfers and the way the've gone down (see Kakuta, Obi Mikel, Shevchenko).
Secondly sometimes there is no point in signing a player so young who will not see playing time for a few years. Unless he is some wonderkid who will play immediately, it may be best to let the kid fully develop for his current team and pick him up when he has matured more, even if it means fending off other teams for his signature and paying a larger transfer fee. Right now Kakuta is on the reserve squad, and I doubt he'll become a first team member this season or the next. He could've been playing first team ball in France right now and getting better.

The other part of me believes that they are trying to make an unjust example out of Chelsea. Most of the big teams probably do this, they flex their economic muscle and use their status. I'm pretty sure this is done with even younger players too, when teams want to take them away from their youth academies. Most teams who sign young players probably resolve to these tactics.

Any way you put it this it might hurt us, where we could of bought some players in the January transfer window to replace some due to the ACN, and possible injuries.

I agree with that statement except with it being unjust, thats subjective. Its like the whole thing with Eduardo. I think its just a matter that it needs to stop and it needs to stop now and they just made examples of Chelski and Scum. Fair enough.

Yeah because Eduardo was the first guy in history to take a dive.
indifferent.gif

My first reaction was similar to what a lot of you already said...Chelsea will appeal and probably have it reduced to just one transfer window.

I dont think it'll have that big of an impact on Chelsea's plans though as it appears that they weren't interested in adding any significantplayers to their team this season. The only way this decision hurts Chelsea is if they get hit by the injury bug in December or January and they're unableto buy some reinforcements.

I felt that Chelsea needed another striker to fill in with Kalou and Drogba gone in January. However with the passing of this transfer window and most bigstrikers in Europe being cup-tied, it seems that Chelsea are content with keeping their squad the way it is for the remainder of the season. I guessthey'll just switch up their formation in January and leave Anelka up front on his own.

Anelka is pretty durable though so Chelsea fans have little to worry about (jinx jinx JINX).

looks like man utd may be facing a similar charge from le havre. why isn'y anyone calling out real madrid? they seem to tap up alot. esp when they declareinterest during presedential elections. i thought the way they handled ronaldo was unprofessional. real madrid's tactics seem to border on harassmentsometimes. its obnoxious as well.

Originally Posted by AirJordanSeattle23

looks like man utd may be facing a similar charge from le havre. why isn'y anyone calling out real madrid? they seem to tap up alot. esp when they declare interest during presedential elections. i thought the way they handled ronaldo was unprofessional. real madrid's tactics seem to border on harassment sometimes. its obnoxious as well.

pogba transfer just happened so i think its going to take time for them to investigate. fifa better not do #$++ bc of what we went through with ronaldo butits in pretty bad taste to buy a player at 16 fresh from his academy.

looks like man utd may be facing a similar charge from le havre. why isn'y anyone calling out real madrid? they seem to tap up alot. esp when they declare interest during presedential elections. i thought the way they handled ronaldo was unprofessional. real madrid's tactics seem to border on harassment sometimes. its obnoxious as well.

because the deal was agreed a year prior to actually happening
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by xblaze23

Real Madrid BEEN trying to get players to breach contract.

yea real has been tappin up/disrupting players and declaring interest in a obnoxious/over agressive way for awhile now. not hating just making an observation.

Originally Posted by xblaze23

THE NAMES, GIVE US THE NAMES!

c.ronaldo..sheesh even wenger backed us up last summer over real's pursuit over him

march of this year cesc admitted to being tapped up by real madrid. real has a history of doing this. they say how they want to sign so and so player whichdisrupts the player and their team causing drama. dont get me started on the presedential elections and their campaign signing promises. its wrong for ANY clubto go out and say how they want to sign player A when they are under contract. if your interested u should go to the clubs brass and talk about a deal andprivate.

This is just way too good to pass up.

This dude Rooney seriously has no shame.

He trips the Slovenian defender but he IMMEDIATELY appeals for a penalty. Of course Rooney gets the call. Listen to what the commentators say about this"penalty". Of course you'll never hear the British media criticizing a British player for such shenanigans because as we all know, only importsdive.

The thing I think a lot of people in here are forgetting with the Chelsea transfer appeal is that organizing an appeal and going through the whole process isprobably going to take 6 months or so, meaning that the January window would probably be open for them, but then if the appeal gives them a one window ban,that means they miss out on next Summer, which would be huge.

When I was watching that game and saw Rooney go down I was seriously thinking, if Eduardo got a 2 match ban for what he did, Rooney is seriously a specialcase. Since the Eduardo incident there has been the dive vs Almunia and this one here vs Slovenia. UEFA/Fifa seriously needs to look at these games and notjust focus on one guy...it's getting absurd with Rooney, that again, is why I have never liked or respected him as a player.

5 days away from our trip to City, should be a good game. I guess everyone is expecting Arsenal to be scared or something of this newly developed City team,but I see it City have played nothing but joke teams so far, so this is the real test to see if they can keep up with the real top 4. I think it should be agood game and I think we will come out on top, I believe we'll have Cesc, Theo, Tomas, all back for this. Can't wait for Saturday.
pimp.gif

Arsenal's defence won't be really tested against City...
Tevez and Robinho will be out as both picked up injuries from the WC qualifiers...

i expect Arsenal to easily win by 2 goals...

Back
Top Bottom