OFFICIAL 2009/2010 EPL Season Post

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

Fletcher with a Zidane UCL Final goal.
eek.gif
COuld not have been more perfectly placed.
eek.gif
Come on son, that goal was nothing like Zidane's UCL final goal.

The ball bounced and slowed down for Fletcher.

Zidane scored his goal one-touch off of a cross.

Never said it was exactly like that, but if you saw it you would have noticed the similarities, no? His leg was at the same level, the ball ended up in thesame spot, and they were both volleys. Never said it was a carbon-copy.

eek.gif
eek.gif

Never said it was exactly like that, but if you saw it you would have noticed the similarities, no? His leg was at the same level, the ball ended up in the same spot, and they were both volleys. Never said it was a carbon-copy.
Fletcher's goal was amazing but nothing like Zidane's UCL goal.

You over-reacted a little bit.
laugh.gif

eek.gif
eek.gif

Never said it was exactly like that, but if you saw it you would have noticed the similarities, no? His leg was at the same level, the ball ended up in the same spot, and they were both volleys. Never said it was a carbon-copy.
Fletcher's goal was amazing but nothing like Zidane's UCL goal.

You over-reacted a little bit.
laugh.gif

Not really, can't agree with you there. Zidane's was obviously of a different kind because of the magnitude of that game, but I stand by the statementthat Fletcher's goal was "Zidane UCL Final goal." There were enough similarities to merit the comparison. But whatever.

Zidane's was obviously of a different kind because of the magnitude of that game, but I stand by the statement that Fletcher's goal was "Zidane UCL Final goal." There were enough similarities to merit the comparison.
the way the ball was struck was pretty similar...so yeah,i do agree with you...
anyway,nice to see United's midfielders scoring...they do need more goals from them...

^well I wouldnt have believed it without pics for proof so damn......
eek.gif
smh.gif

What's the record for goals in a EPL game? anyone know?

mad.gif
@ Arsenal taking the L and RVP beingout AGAIN.

^From The Sun:

FIVE goals for Defoe equals the most ever scored previously in a Premier League game by Alan Shearer and Andy Cole.

NINE hits from Tottenham equals the Premier League record set by Manchester United 15 years ago. (Man U 9-0 Ipswich)

Originally Posted by ERASCISM

laugh.gif
5 goals. Someone remind Carlos Tevez that Defoe is not England quality.
Defoe wont be playing any teams as defensively futile as Wigan in the World Cup.

England have played 3 World Cup contenders this year in friendlies...

-they lost 2-0 to Spain
-they drew 2-2 with Holland
-they lost 1-0 to Brazil

You know damn well that goals dry up for England when they meet quality opponents.

They've got a GREAT back line but that team has no creativity going forward.

BTW, how the HECK do you allow 9 goals in a professional match?
roll.gif

Wigan aren't going to hear the end of this for years to come.

friendlies are no real indication...

Spain's been doing great lately but they just might choke.again.
after all,they're known as the perennial underachievers as far as the World Cup is concerned...
same for the other teams...almost everyone is writing off France or Argentina to win it but you'll never know...

anyway,back to the EPL...
Wigan's Scharner looking like Pepe La Pew out there...
dude has one of the worst hairdo i've seen on the pitch...

Originally Posted by Keepie Uppie

friendlies are no real indication...
Dont tell that to ERASCISM.

We dont want him to know that 3 of Defoe's goals for England this year have come in friendlies.

The other 2? They came against Andorra
eek.gif

And friendlies DO matter my friend.

You rather judge England based on how well they played against Belarus, Kazakhstan and Andorra just because they are so-called "competitive" matches?Those types of teams wont be at the World Cup. Quality teams like Spain, Netherlands and Brazil WILL be there and teams like that will be waiting for Englandin the KO stage.

The only good team England's defeated this year has been Croatia.

And although Spain are known as chokers, they recently won the Euro Cup. What have England or Defoe done to warrant any hype?

You rather judge England based on how well they played against Belarus, Kazakhstan and Andorra just because they are so-called "competitive" matches?
quite frankly,yes.

those "little" teams fight tooth and nail to get to the biggest stage of their playing career...
i feel non-competitive matches just doesn't get the team mentally "switched on"...
friendlies are normally used by managers to try out new players or tactics,or to give possible 11 a good run-out match...
more than often you'd see managers making 7-8 substitutions in a friendly match right before the 2nd half starts...
sick.gif

any team could lose 4-0 in a friendly but i bet they won't lose too much sleep over it...

What have England or Defoe done to warrant any hype?
except for being fairly consistent since Fabio Capello took over,nothing.
i agree with you though,the real test for them will be at South Africa...
so we'll see how well this England team does when they go up against much tougher opponents...

keeping it real...i'm no fan of any international team by the way,i'm just hoping for some classic matches this coming World Cup...
pimp.gif

^ Carlos Tevez,that was a gem of a find...
roll.gif

i must've watched it like 10 times already...

i thought Wenger's impression was the best...dude even had the Arsenal manager's trademark "i didn't see it" ...
laugh.gif

roll.gif

There are strong rumors that Chelsea are very close to signing Sergio Aguero for 50 million pounds in January.

http://soccernet.espn.go....;sec=england&cc=5901

Obviously a good addition for Chelsea but they're overpaying big time and Aguero will be cup tied for the UCL.

Consider that Liverpool only paid 20 million pounds for Torres...Chelsea are going to pay more than double that.

There are strong rumors that Chelsea are very close to signing Sergio Aguero for 50 million pounds in January.

http://soccernet.espn.go....;sec=england&cc=5901

Obviously a good addition for Chelsea but they're overpaying big time and Aguero will be cup tied for the UCL.

Consider that Liverpool only paid 20 million pounds for Torres...Chelsea are going to pay more than double that.
He's 21. This is an investment for the future and a very smart one.

quoted from soccernet.com:

Arsenal have confirmed that star striker Robin van Persie will be sidelined for a further four to five months after tests revealed he ruptured three of the four ligaments in his right ankle during a friendly between Netherlands and Italy on November 14.
i'd say Mr Glass is as good as gone this season...

Originally Posted by Keepie Uppie

quoted from soccernet.com:

i'd say Mr Glass is as good as gone this season...

frown.gif
mad.gif
tired.gif

During a friendly though. That's what makes this worse...

Lol... thats one talented kid up there...
laugh.gif
He's got the mannerisms DOWN.

Any of you kind folks have a link to the Utd. game?

^its on Espn2

that was a phantom pk call on Man Utd i dunno what the ref saw in that
nerd.gif

Pompey levels up 1-1

Back
Top Bottom