OFFICIAL 2009 BOSTON RED SOX SEASON THREAD - (95-67) - Red Sox vs Angels - ALDS - Series 0-0

Mind boggling how this team is 14 games over against the Angels, Rays, and Red Sox... But under .500 against the likes of Detroit, Toronto, Kansas City,Oakland, Baltimore, and Minnesota...

Signs of a young team, I suppose...
smh.gif

^ it's crazy how that stuff works out, man. sometimes you just have a certain team's number.

i know the mariners and rays usually own us...it's weird.

Yea its crazy. There is just some teams where no matter how average they are they have one or two teams number. And you can add Texas to the list of teams thathas our number.

Victor Martinez needs to catch every game, the best Red Sox lineup is the one with Veritek on the bench. Sick of Beckett and Lester having to pitch to Veritek,you pitch once every 5 days figure it out.

We are moving towards that, it looks like since Vic caught Beckett in his last outting. Varitek looks like he is pretty close to retiring as it is. And youknow he will have a spot as a bench coach the day he calls it quits. But out of respect for him they couldnt just give catcher to Vic as soon as he got there.

But with that said you arent lying. In the beginning of the season it looked like Tek had worked on his hitting and he was doing well enough for me to not fearhis at bats. But now hes back to last years BS and its starting to get unbearable. Yes he calls a good game. But his throwing out base runners % is terribleand he is just a liability in every other aspect.

Next year, after all the pitchers have had a chance to work a full offseason with Martinez they will be more comfortable and they will split Catching dutiesmore regularly. That is if Tek doesnt call it quits after this season.

lets finish this series up strong and get some momentum going into the series with the empire.

I honestly think that we are just showcasing Buckholtz. For some reason I get the feeling that we are putting him out there to show he can hang and we aregoing to try to trade him for something in the offseason. Maybe even try to get a Halladay trade moving when we have the whole offseason to work with. But Idont know. In our rotation he is clearly our 4th or 5th starter but somewhere else I could see him being a teams 2 or 3 starter. And after a couple seasons begood enough to be some teams #1

and BTW ima need to make a sig cuz my %@!* looks plain as hell in the posts.

Thanks a lot, Toronto, for straight mailing it in tonight.

2203754713_011982e86d.jpg

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Should be a fun series in Fenway as it always ends up being.

http://josephlauricellajr.com/images/kid%20in%20yankees%20****r%20giving%20finger.jpg
bush_finger_flip.jpg

stonecold-300x265.jpg

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Spoiler [+]

just to get some formalities outta the way:

Andy Pettitte, LHP (9-6, 4.09) @ Brad Penny, RHP (7-7, 5.22)

A.J. Burnett, RHP (10-6, 3.69) @ Junichi Tazawa, RHP (1-2, 5.40)

CC Sabathia, LHP (14-7, 3.58) @ Josh Beckett, RHP (14-4, 3.38)

ok...

Red-Sox_fan.jpg

YankeesSuck7.jpg

yankees-suck3.jpg

877.jpg

Spoiler [+]
redsox.jpg

Originally Posted by IncredibleEv

just droppin in to laugh at your pitching setup for the series
frown.gif

it's not looking too good...but that's ok. we've hit all of them before.

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Have fun trying to figure out why they got him when he doesnt hit anything.
But... your team acquired Julio Lugo. Advantage: Boston.
Deal will be announced soon...

Confirmed on the STL end:

Cardinals are not responsible for the $13.5 million that remains on Lugo's contract. Boston is eating that money. The Red Sox just wanted to get something in return.

Red Sox will also receive the infamous Player to Be Named Later -- or "cash considerations," but if it is a player it won't be a premium guy.

As for Lugo, I'm told plans are to use him at multiple INF positions. He will not start.

At least not right from the beginning.

-B

Advantage: St. Louis
wink.gif

As i said before.....Have fun with him

He is going str8 to triple A. He will not hurt our squad. On the other hand you guys are actually going to use Lugo. And we was gonna have to pay that money either way atleast now we got something in exchange.

Advantage: Sox, really not even an arguement.

Is that right????
.982 Fielding percentage
Batting .319 with .895 OPS

and Duncan was released................
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif

Pac keep the discussions about how players are hitting in AAA out of this Major league thread.

Back to our regular programming...........

Jeter does seem to enjoy being DOMINATED

newyorkyankskiss7.jpg

jeter_derek0331.jpg

OL' FAIRY LOOKIN %%% DUDE...

EDIT: Damn DS took half my pics.
roll.gif

_39036189_derek_jeter_300.jpg

chill with that pic, that was a very dark day in my life
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

till this day if i ever seen ken huckaby i'm breaking his jaw on site

carry on ladies

BDD_KY_nyy_ap_6.1.07.jpg

always throwing a helmet , get this dude some self defense classes ........

Back
Top Bottom