Official:2009 Fantasy Baseball Thread

Originally Posted by SCuse7

Quentin won't be losing any ABs

Yea I know, but I'm saying next season he'll finally be 100% and I think he'll go back to 08 form.

BTW is Dempster staying in the rotation? I've heard rumors he may move to the closer spot after his start tomorrow.

Originally Posted by Proshares

BTW is Dempster staying in the rotation? I've heard rumors he may move to the closer spot after his start tomorrow.
Where are you hearing this from? I don't see anything on the Cubs' RealGM page.
frown.gif

So I vetoed this trade

Roy Halladay
Rafael Soriano

for

Mark Buehrle
Aaron Cook, Col

Dude writes me saying

What are you saying…. It doesn't make sense! Really and this stuff is getting even more stupid as we go on………. U need to think about this!!! Would you do this if this trade would happen with someone else..
Any advice what to tell him?

Man I hate dudes who try and take players from a team the obviously quit trying weeks ago

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

Originally Posted by Proshares

Where are you hearing this from? I don't see anything on the Cubs' RealGM page.
frown.gif

I probably just heard it on SC hence the rumor
laugh.gif

So Edwin Jackson and Ricky Nolasco are both ruining my chances at winning ERA and WHIP. And this is with Rich Harden doing what he did last night.
smh.gif

I don't even know what I was thinking. I can't believe I benched Randy Wolf last night. That was a bad move on my part.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by parada45

Dude writes me saying

What are you saying…. It doesn't make sense! Really and this stuff is getting even more stupid as we go on………. U need to think about this!!! Would you do this if this trade would happen with someone else..
Any advice what to tell him?

Man I hate dudes who try and take players from a team the obviously quit trying weeks ago

Tell him what you really think about the lopsided trades. Roy Halladay is in the upper echelon of pitchers. Buerhle isn't. And with AaronCook, he just offers wins. His Ks, ERA, and WHIP are lackluster. And besides Halladay, dude gets Rafael Soriano? A servicable closer? Yeah, right.

Originally Posted by SJSneakerheadIII

Need some advice. I think I'm gonna do it.

I give - Dan Haren
I get - Edwin Jackson/James Shields
Anyone?

Haren is having his usual 2nd half poor performance.

I give - Dan Haren
Anyone?

Jackson has been doo doo his last, what 10 starts? Only has two wins in that time period. And Shields has been even worse.

However, Jackson and Shields will probably get a few more wins just because of the teams they play for, but I'd be cautious of their ERA and WHIP stats atthis point. Wins is the only think you'll probably benefit, but is that worth it?

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

I give - Dan Haren
Anyone?

Jackson has been doo doo his last, what 10 starts? Only has two wins in that time period. And Shields has been even worse.

However, Jackson and Shields will probably get a few more wins just because of the teams they play for, but I'd be cautious of their ERA and WHIP stats at this point. Wins is the only think you'll probably benefit, but is that worth it?
Thanks for responding.

I have Halladay, Oswalt, Lilly, but the first 2 have been so-so and Lilly has been on the DL.

What do you think I can get for Haren?

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

I give - Dan Haren
Anyone?

However, Jackson and Shields will probably get a few more wins just because of the teams they play for, but I'd be cautious of their ERA and WHIP stats at this point. Wins is the only think you'll probably benefit, but is that worth it?
Thanks for responding.

I have Halladay, Oswalt, Lilly, but the first 2 have been so-so and Lilly has been on the DL.

What do you think I can get for Haren?
Haren is a top 3 SP because of his extremely low whip. Dude should have like 16-18 wins right now, but his offense and BP are garbage. Youbetter be getting 2 top 20 pitchers atleast.

Kinsler comes off the DL tomorrow. Who should I bench for his return?

*Roster w/ opposing pitcher in spoiler*
Spoiler [+]
fw3tk2.png

I have two questions I'd like to get your opinions on:

• Anybody looking at Freddy Garcia as a viable option down the stretch?
  • Nelson Cruz comes off the DL next week. Who should I drop for him?
*Roster in spoiler*
Spoiler [+]
2hz23yh.png

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

My team is tanking,
smh.gif

I hate rotisserie leagues, they are so boring. Head 2 Head is a bit more interesting, and sometimes the banter between fantasy owners is
laugh.gif

This is my last rotisserie league, I never do well, always lose interest.
qft i suck at rotisserie
tired.gif
i even made a couple trades butthat didnt even help

i know i was wrong about saying keeping bedard before he had surgury, but wow you seriously still kept hudson on the DL or let alone on your roster? NOBODY isgoing to pick him up. you're better off with the young texas starters nippert/holland/hunter. there HAS to be a SP in the FA worth more value than hudson.just my opinion..

Originally Posted by OfficerRicky

i know i was wrong about saying keeping bedard before he had surgury, but wow you seriously still kept hudson on the DL or let alone on your roster? NOBODY is going to pick him up. you're better off with the young texas starters nippert/holland/hunter. there HAS to be a SP in the FA worth more value than hudson. just my opinion..
Hudson is doing me no harm right now by sitting on my DL. I still need to drop an active player to activate Hudson. I have 2 DL spots and withCruz occupying one, I might as well put the other DL spot to use.

By the way, I decided to drop Carlos Quentin. I figured with Cruz coming back, Quentin hitting in the bottom of the order, and the fact that I already have Dyeand Beckham from the White Sox, all signs pointed for me to drop him. I'm taking a risk on Freddy Garcia. I like Garcia's upside. He's playing onthe White Sox team with a formidable lineup so if he does well, wins should follow. Plus, Garcia's playing the Royals for his first game back. If Garciaturns out to suck, then I can just drop him for another player, but if he doesn't suck, then I may have found a good option for the stretch run.

Is it about time to give up on Soriano? I've been as patient as I possibly could be with him, but he's seriously killing me. I know he's a streakyplayer, but he's been really bad for a good part of the year. I can drop him and pick up Justin Upton who's coming off the DL soon.

Hell yeah you do it! Upton is a beast!

Why the hell was Justin Upton available on the FA? It's not like his injury was serious or anything. Just a few weeks.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by OfficerRicky

i know i was wrong about saying keeping bedard before he had surgury, but wow you seriously still kept hudson on the DL or let alone on your roster? NOBODY is going to pick him up. you're better off with the young texas starters nippert/holland/hunter. there HAS to be a SP in the FA worth more value than hudson. just my opinion..
Hudson is doing me no harm right now by sitting on my DL. I still need to drop an active player to activate Hudson. I have 2 DL spots and with Cruz occupying one, I might as well put the other DL spot to use.

By the way, I decided to drop Carlos Quentin. I figured with Cruz coming back, Quentin hitting in the bottom of the order, and the fact that I already have Dye and Beckham from the White Sox, all signs pointed for me to drop him. I'm taking a risk on Freddy Garcia. I like Garcia's upside. He's playing on the White Sox team with a formidable lineup so if he does well, wins should follow. Plus, Garcia's playing the Royals for his first game back. If Garcia turns out to suck, then I can just drop him for another player, but if he doesn't suck, then I may have found a good option for the stretch run.

He may get a couple wins, but I don't see how he's worth the pickup. He hasn't been good since like 2000. Any help he gives you in Wins, you willlose in ERA, imo.

I just wanted to see what would happen. If Garcia sucks, then I can drop him for Nelson Cruz who's startinghis rehab and slated to come back after a few rehab games. I like the fact that in the minors, Garcia in his last17 innings had 16 Ks and 0 walks.

*Edit*
This was Garcia's last start vs Pawtucket. I'm not that concerned about his ERA being in the 6.00's asmuch as I'm concerned with his control and stuff. His 9 Ks in 6.0 innings with 0 BBs shows that his control and stuff are there... at least vs triple-Acompetition. We'll see how he does against the Royals on Tuesday.
ohwell.gif

140jf69.png

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/...id=2009_08_11_pawaaa_chraaa_1&cid=494&t=g_box

*Edit*
Well that didn't go the way I planned. I ended up dropping Garcia. Now I essentially have an open roster spot. I can go with a spot starter or go for a hotbat until Nelson Cruz returns.

heads up for those that need saves

Kevin Gregg out as closer... Lou hasn't said who would replace him... looks to be either Marmol or Guzman

Hell yeah you do it! Upton is a beast!

Why the hell was Justin Upton available on the FA? It's not like his injury was serious or anything. Just a few weeks.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

It's only an 8 team league so there's alot of good players still on the FA. I can't catch a break, its been a frustrating season for me
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JiveTurkey813

NT What should I do with David Wright???? Drop that underproductive p.o.shhhhhhe?
In order to answer this, I'm going to need a bit more information...

- Do you have someone occupying your DL slot(s)?
- Who are you thinking of picking up if you do decide to drop Wright?
- How does your lineup look like currently?

I probably won't be able to give my input right away, I'm about to leave the house soon, but I'll come back to it.

Back
Top Bottom