...::::Official 2010 MLB N.L. Central Thread::::...

Glad to see D Lee get moved for 3 young arms.  Hope at least one of those kids turns into something.

Cincy just has a look to them this season.  I wish them luck.   Wonder why WildK hasn't been in here much lately, he's gotta be ecstatic. 

I'll miss D. Lee, but honestly, he's been DP Lee lately. Good luck to him in Atl. And i agree, lets hope one of those arms can contribute. Why cant we ever get prospects that actually do something??

Watershed moment for my 12 year old little brother
smh.gif
His bedroom is painted in Cubs blue and red, he has a D.Lee poster up, a D.Lee bobblehead doll, a jersey and a t-shirt jersey... He called me yesterday in such a sad voice. Definitely a big hit to his sports innocence. One of his idols. Kid grew up with D.Lee since 04-05 when he could first rationalize and follow sports closely. I felt really bad for him.

Worst thing about it: He's going to the game on Sat with my Dad. Braves v. Cubs...
smh.gif

D.Lee, it's been real
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by bijald0331

Watershed moment for my 12 year old little brother
smh.gif
His bedroom is painted in Cubs blue and red, he has a D.Lee poster up, a D.Lee bobblehead doll, a jersey and a t-shirt jersey... He called me yesterday in such a sad voice. Definitely a big hit to his sports innocence. One of his idols. Kid grew up with D.Lee since 04-05 when he could first rationalize and follow sports closely. I felt really bad for him.

Worst thing about it: He's going to the game on Sat with my Dad. Braves v. Cubs...
smh.gif

D.Lee, it's been real
pimp.gif
Damn that sucks.

Reds have a real nice opportunity to take a strangle hold on this division with the way the Cards are playing

Man I'm looking smart so far, haha

Reds going nuts

It's a little premature to say it's a wrap, but the Cardinals picked the wrong time to play with no heart or desire. Reds keep beating those garbage teams, imagine if they had to play teams with winning records, they'd probably be where the Astros are
tired.gif

Thought I would bop on over and chime in my D Lee goodbyes. Always liked the guy. It made me sad to see him an Atlanta uni.
I will be cheering for the Reds from here on out.

Thanks Lou for a bittersweet era as a Cubs manager. Gave us a lot of sizzle but no main course to feast on.....I never understood or liked the way he managed from 2008 NLDS on, but the man is human and his mom is the most important issue for him. Family over sports. Yes I always say he slept and gave up on this team, but the man was old. We thought when Jim Hendry signed him back in 2006 that we were getting the New York Yankees, Cincinatti Reds, and Seattle Mariners Lou. It was safe to say now looking back, that we got Lou when he was going to the start of his twilight in terms of managerial career. But, thanks Lou for giving us back to back playoff appearances, even though we went 0-6 lol...

Big ups to Lee for showing that he does care about winning. For him to not go to LA due to family was a cop-out to me that he didn't care about competing....thanks for proving I was wrong...u will be missed as a great Cub from the most recent decade...

Could Joe Girardi manage the Chicago Cubs?

According to DanPatrick.com, MLB Network Harold Reynolds thinks that the next manager in Chicago will be current New York Yankees manager Joe Girardi. In a statement, Reynolds replied in a statement, "I think Joe Girardi is going there. If he wins the World Series in New York or even if he doesn't." He also stated that if Girardi wins a championship again in New York, he will never get the credit that he deserves in NY. The reason is that he would always be living under the shadow of former Yankees manager Joe Torre.

Whoever is the manager of the Cubs next year will be replacing Lou Pinnella, who retired after Sunday's game to be with his family. Last season, Girardi, who is in the final year of his contract, lead the Yankees to their first World Series title in 10 years.
 hmm....interesting...

I also heard that Girardi is not getting his props from the Yankee faithful over there. Something about "he'll always be in Joe Torre's shadow."

We need to sweep the Pirates......one loss = series loss in my eyes.

If we arent in first after the next 2 weeks.....Congrats Reds!!!

The schedule definitely favors the cards. I think y'all play the pirates atleast 9 more times, which should be 9 w's.

Originally Posted by jdcurt2

The schedule definitely favors the cards. I think y'all play the pirates atleast 9 more times, which should be 9 w's.
I don't know, Cincy gets to play some real buttass teams coming up here in September. The Labor Day weekend series at Busch between the Reds and Cards should be epic. I pray that Cueto is pitching in one of those games. Especially if he is opposite Carpenter. Could be a real showdown.

I guess one of the most underrated parts of this race between the Cards and Reds is the race between Votto and Albert for not only the MVP, but the Triple Crown as well. As of right now:

Votto .324 (1st), 29 (2nd) and 86 (2nd)
Pujols .319 (3rd), 33 (1st) and 92 (1st)

I don't know if this is a "good" thing, but I am really looking forward to September for the first time in a while. Props to Jocketty and the Reds for surprising everybody this season.

A couple weeks ago, I went to the first game of the Cards/Reds up in Cincinnati, was pretty impressed by the ballpark. Very simple, nice feel to everything. I especially enjoyed the vendor that would screa "NUTS!" as loud as he could, so much so I could hear him from all over the stadium. I wish I could post some pics but there are all on my girlfriend's camera so...I'll post 'em when she puts them up on Facebook.
laugh.gif

Side note - Montgomery Inn
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
, and has anybody in Cincy been to the Hofbrauhaus across the river in Newport? That place was awesome. The only disappointing thing about the trip was the fact that I wasn't able to snag one of the "Free Pete" t-shirts from one of the t-shirt vendors on the way into the stadium.

Finally, I genuinely feel for Cubs fans. This team is so lost it really sucks (yet you still take 2 of 3 from us in St. Louis
grin.gif
), and I am hoping like hell Sandberg is the manager next year. I hope I don't lose any of my Cardinal points for this, but that guy was one of my favorite players as a kid. I don't know what it was about him, but I had his signature glove from 1st grade all the way until I quit in middle school.

Votto's average now down to .323 after tonight.

Cardinals now only 2.5 back.

The Reds have the easiest schedule for the remainder of the season with the Cardinals right behind them. I am not surprised that the Reds lost to a winning team, seems like they can't beat good teams, only the cellar dwellars. The Cards need to take care of the trash teams because that's the only thing preventing them from winning the division. As far as the tripple crown, it would be nice to see Albert win it, but I'd take another World Series ring anyday over that.

Not really liking all the dogging of the Pirates....but I understand

Side note - Montgomery Inn
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
, and has anybody in Cincy been to the Hofbrauhaus across the river in Newport? That place was awesome. The only disappointing thing about the trip was the fact that I wasn't able to snag one of the "Free Pete" t-shirts from one of the t-shirt vendors on the way into the stadium.
Montgomery Inn has some of the best BBQ sauce I've ever had, but I still think it is overpriced and would rather go to a Ruby (preferably the Precinct) instead.  Hofbrauh is awesome, I love the Dunkel, 2 steins of that and GOOD NIGHT NOW!

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

The Reds have the easiest schedule for the remainder of the season with the Cardinals right behind them. I am not surprised that the Reds lost to a winning team, seems like they can't beat good teams, only the cellar dwellars. The Cards need to take care of the trash teams because that's the only thing preventing them from winning the division. As far as the tripple crown, it would be nice to see Albert win it, but I'd take another World Series ring anyday over that.

The Reds are 24 games over .500 against teams that are not the Cardinals. They beat the teams they're supposed to beat and have split series' against the better teams in the league. 

has anybody in Cincy been to the Hofbrauhaus across the river in Newport? That place was awesome.
I live no more than five minutes from there and have never been, have heard good things though.

has anybody in Cincy been to the Hofbrauhaus across the river in Newport? That place was awesome.
I live no more than five minutes from there and have never been, have heard good things though.

I can't recommend it enough. If I ever go back, I will be stopping by there for sure. Beet is heavenly. The food was pretty damn good too.

sick.gif
 Two very, very, very bad games.. hopefully we can get a win tomorrow.
Wow, the Reds pitching apparently has woken up the Giants lumber. Thank you Giants, the Cardinals will remain at 2.5 back for now.

I can't believe we lost to the buttass Pirates. With Waino on the mound no less.

One last thing:

[table][tr][td]1. Joey Votto, CIN[/td][td].323[/td][/tr][tr][td]2. Albert Pujols, STL[/td][td].322[/td][/tr][/table]

Back
Top Bottom